Home

Revamped Overall Formula for NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Explained

This is a discussion on Revamped Overall Formula for NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #129
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Revamped Overall Formula for NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Explained

Let me just say that even though I don't agree with everything you guys are saying, I think the team is outdoing itself this year by reaching out to the community (by adding members of the community to the team nonetheless). We need thinkers like these figuring out how to work these aspects of the game and with that, it will ensure the future of the series for many years to come. Much respect.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:24 PM   #130
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
Let me just say that even though I don't agree with everything you guys are saying, I think the team is outdoing itself this year by reaching out to the community (by adding members of the community to the team nonetheless). We need thinkers like these figuring out how to work these aspects of the game and with that, it will ensure the future of the series for many years to come. Much respect.
And as a former community member, I do spend a great amount of time on the forums and I read EVERYTHING. Whether it is constructive criticism, praise, or not so constructive criticism, I think it is important for the community to know that your feedback is valued. This team has that mindset for sure

Old 09-06-2014, 07:15 PM   #131
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
Bed, will MyCareer creation be like past versions or like old Madden where you chose a position and has, let's say 4000 SP to spend on your attributes?
Come on man this topic ain't about MyCareer that's gonna get its own soon enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #132
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
That's not a necessary addition, just something that will over-complicate things. It will work for an extreme case like Josh Smith but it just serves to needlessly muddle the waters for the other 400 NBA players.

Omer Asik had his production depressed playing out of position next to Dwight Howard but that didn't stop teams from considering him a starting-caliber center.

Overall rating does not determine simulation results and stats, nor does it affect actual games played. No reason for tendencies to affect it.
OVR does affect AI trades and team building as well as contracts. That said, I'm okay with having it based just on their skills if we presume GMs understand context if a player is playing out of position or used poorly.

However, tendencies absolutely affect efficiency and on-court value in real life. Long 2 chucking Monta Ellis isn't the same as 2nd banana Monta Ellis who takes less outside 2's. That both affected his contribution, performance, advanced stats (a way better measure than raw stats) and ultimately his contract.

The difference is knowing whether the tendencies *are* the player or are because of the context. The two are obviously related but there are guys with poor tendencies for years and not all players play to their strengths and abilities. Tendencies are integral to real life player evaluation and they should ideally be reflected in some way unless they can be normalized by context.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #133
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
So here's a question. Has this new rating formula been implemented to the classic teams/players also? Curious to see what Jordan's or Magic Johnson ratings would be?

Was this question ever touched on?
Old 09-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #134
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Was this question ever touched on?
Why would it NOT be? Haven't 2 different systems is not a smart way to do these things. No, offense, but I would think the answer was obvious, honestly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »