Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2014, 01:32 PM   #889
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Also if you are throwing a go route get rid of the ball quickly.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #890
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

Booted up Madden today and was thrown into the Panthers-Seahawks sequence cinematic sequence for some reason. Then it made me choose my favorite team once I hit the menus, and gave me the whole Cam Newton intro all over again. Yep, then I was thrown into skills trainer, where it says that I have none of the drills completed even though I earned at least 5 PS trophies via the skills trainer multiple days ago. Just a whooooooole bunch of BS going on here.

All Skills Trainer and Gauntlet progress has been erased and it's recognising me as a new user, wtf
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 09-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #891
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
Booted up Madden today and was thrown into the Panthers-Seahawks sequence cinematic sequence for some reason. Then it made me choose my favorite team once I hit the menus, and gave me the whole Cam Newton intro all over again. Yep, then I was thrown into skills trainer, where it says that I have none of the drills completed even though I earned at least 5 PS trophies via the skills trainer multiple days ago. Just a whooooooole bunch of BS going on here.

All Skills Trainer and Gauntlet progress has been erased and it's recognising me as a new user, wtf
Same thing happened to me..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #892
Banned

OVR: 4

Ok, so I just had what I'm going to call the "legacy game". Everything was going smooth the whole way.. back and forth, challenging. Then all the sudden late in the 4th when I'm really trying to get ahead and close the deal, I start having frame rate issues and animations start getting jagged and jerky; they start stopping EVERY screen pass of mine (which made screens even worse than the suck they already are), they stop my run even with and THROUGH blocking. Yet, within the last 4 minutes, they break not one but TWO HUGE TD runs with outstanding blocking and the legacy "CPU advantage" coding I call it. It was ridiculous. Kept it close all game, then I lose 63-49 because of two crazy late TD's by them. I'm not one to complain about Madden this year because I'm throughly enjoying it, this was nuts. Legacy issues galore out of NO WHERE. :/
Old 09-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #893
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't play against the CPU, but for Ultimate team, to get coins to complete challenges, sometimes I have to. And this is the reason why I don't:

The whole appeal of Madden is the chess match. Outthinking your opponent. You can't do that against the CPU, because they already know what play you're running when you call it.

It's 3rd and inches, and whenever I do the "run middle commit", without shifting my line in or doing anything to tip my hand, they CONVENIENTLY run a toss and get a huge gain. Every single time. Every time in the same situation, if I crash my line outwards, it's a run up the middle. There needs to be just a generic pre play run commit, instead of making you choose middle, left or right. There's a generic pre-play pass commit, why not run?

Every time I come out in a 3wr or even 4wr set and come out to do a HB draw, the defense is in a run stopping formation, even on obvious passing downs. And vice versa. Just **** off with that. It's so stupid. It's lazy programming.

And like I said, I don't play against the CPU anyway, I mostly just play online VS and in my online CCM. But occasionally when I have to play against the CPU for stuff, it just drives me BA-NA-NAS, and it's been like this forever. I don't know how you strictly offline players do it. You aren't even playing the game.

Last edited by meep316; 09-05-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #894
Banned

Live2K's Arena

OVR: 0

In my short time with the game so far.

-Control feels off. Yes some might be me holding turbo but it could be tighter. Same goes for movement. Has that feeling of the first 360 madden games which they didn't get right til madden 10.

-Tackle animations are not satisfying in the sound or feel of it.

-Accuracy too high still

-no manual bump

-sacks take precedent over qb release. Need more balls flailing out or going into the ground instead of the sack.

-play call screen sucks

-need formation subs.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #895
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Now that I've had the opportunity to play a good amount of this game, I will give my full impressions (the good/great, the bad, and my hopes for the future.)

I'm a Connected Franchise mode player. That is the sole reason that I play Madden, other than to occasionally play some regular season/post season games of the actual NFL season to, in a way, predict the outcome. Yet, Franchise Mode has been my reason for buying/keeping Madden, ever since I became a true Madden, and subsequently an NFL, fan when I got Madden 12 for Christmas the year it came out. I had some great times with Franchise Mode in Madden 12, and some other great times in Connected Careers/Connected Franchise in Madden 13 and Madden 25. I never got Madden 25 for Next-Gen. So, when I finally made the jump to the Playstation 4, my expectations for next-gen Madden were quite high.

I downloaded Madden 15, and was able to play it at midnight on release day (one of the many benefits of next-gen gaming.) I played a few short games that night. I first thought that the game looked phenomenal, by far the best graphics I've seen for a Madden game. (This is still my opinion.) That first night, I played on All-Pro, I believe. I lost several of my first games that I played on Madden 15, is a great thing. I want to be challenged by the CPU. I want the CPU to beat me when I play CFM; if I'm a bad team, I want to lose. I don't want to play as the Jaguars and go 12-4 just because the CPU isn't competitive. This is what sliders are for. Operation Sports has several great slider-makers. I've tried several sets playing multiple games with them all.

In my first game with one set (testing in CFM) the Bengals dominated me as the Ravens. Then, with several other sets, I'd dominate the CPU on All Madden slider sets. I found a problem, in CFM: the game plan/player progression systems. These are great concepts; you can choose to install a gameplan to boost confidence, or you can focus on a position group, maybe two, every week to develop players and earn XP. Progressing players is a good system, it gives the user the freedom to progress their players however they see fit. My problem with the player progression system is that it is far too easy to earn XP/develop players. The combination of game plan/player progression makes it so simple to progress any player to a 99 overall.

The third facet of this problem: winning teams earn more XP than losing teams. This is logical, and makes sense. Yet, it is also unfair. I am playing a Ravens CFM. I adjusted the sliders throughout season one, both trying different sets and tweaking them. I went 11-5 as the Ravens without making any roster moves. This isn't crazy; the Ravens are expected, by many, to have a bounceback year, and several analysts see 10-6 as a logical prediction for their record. Yet, it took me tweaking the sliders to give the CPU to be even a little competitive. The sacks problem, at least before today's tuner update, is undeniable. Terrell Suggs, in this CFM, recorded 25 sacks, breaking Michael Strahan's record. Suggs would have several games with 3, maybe even 4, sacks. Suggs wasn't the only one; Timmy Jernigan (a rookie, started at ~70 overall) recorded doble digit sacks and is now an 80 overall. The progression system has allowed me to get Lardarius Webb to a 93 overall, and Jimmy Smith to a 90.

In season two, I went 12-4, and just couldn't find competitive sliders. That is, until the final two weeks. I tried CowherPower's slider set, and lost to the Steelers in a close, good game. In week 17, because I was 12-3 and had clinched the Division, I benched all of my starting players in a game with the Browns. The Browns won 30-20. This last game was played today, with the tuning update. I believe that I may have found a good set, at the very least to attempt to tweak to further improve my Madden experience.

I haven't played many games with this tuning update/Cowher's sliders. but I'm optimistic. The CPU is finally competitive, and the sacks problem has at the least been reduced. I love Madden 15; in terms of the graphics, the gameplay, and overall experience, it's the best I've had in a Madden game. (Though I do miss importing NCAA draft classes.) Looking forward, this game will be even better if EA fixes a problem I haven't spoken on yet; the Free Agency logic. The problems with game prep/player progression increase/decrease player overalls, which affects free agency. In my CFM, the CPU Giants cut Eli Manning after the 2014 season; he had regressed to a 69 overall. Several/many big name players were on the FA market in the season 1 offseason (Wes Welker signed with the Browns, Jason Pierre-Paul signed with Oakland etc.) This problem truly negatively affects my CFM experience. If, at the least, free agency logic is fixed/improved, I will be very happy with Madden 15. If not, I can say that this is a great game, and one that I am having a lot of fun with. Madden 15 is a must have for football fans, but it is also a game with its faults.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 08:16 PM   #896
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
Now that I've had the opportunity to play a good amount of this game, I will give my full impressions (the good/great, the bad, and my hopes for the future.)

I'm a Connected Franchise mode player. That is the sole reason that I play Madden, other than to occasionally play some regular season/post season games of the actual NFL season to, in a way, predict the outcome. Yet, Franchise Mode has been my reason for buying/keeping Madden, ever since I became a true Madden, and subsequently an NFL, fan when I got Madden 12 for Christmas the year it came out. I had some great times with Franchise Mode in Madden 12, and some other great times in Connected Careers/Connected Franchise in Madden 13 and Madden 25. I never got Madden 25 for Next-Gen. So, when I finally made the jump to the Playstation 4, my expectations for next-gen Madden were quite high.

I downloaded Madden 15, and was able to play it at midnight on release day (one of the many benefits of next-gen gaming.) I played a few short games that night. I first thought that the game looked phenomenal, by far the best graphics I've seen for a Madden game. (This is still my opinion.) That first night, I played on All-Pro, I believe. I lost several of my first games that I played on Madden 15, is a great thing. I want to be challenged by the CPU. I want the CPU to beat me when I play CFM; if I'm a bad team, I want to lose. I don't want to play as the Jaguars and go 12-4 just because the CPU isn't competitive. This is what sliders are for. Operation Sports has several great slider-makers. I've tried several sets playing multiple games with them all.

In my first game with one set (testing in CFM) the Bengals dominated me as the Ravens. Then, with several other sets, I'd dominate the CPU on All Madden slider sets. I found a problem, in CFM: the game plan/player progression systems. These are great concepts; you can choose to install a gameplan to boost confidence, or you can focus on a position group, maybe two, every week to develop players and earn XP. Progressing players is a good system, it gives the user the freedom to progress their players however they see fit. My problem with the player progression system is that it is far too easy to earn XP/develop players. The combination of game plan/player progression makes it so simple to progress any player to a 99 overall.

The third facet of this problem: winning teams earn more XP than losing teams. This is logical, and makes sense. Yet, it is also unfair. I am playing a Ravens CFM. I adjusted the sliders throughout season one, both trying different sets and tweaking them. I went 11-5 as the Ravens without making any roster moves. This isn't crazy; the Ravens are expected, by many, to have a bounceback year, and several analysts see 10-6 as a logical prediction for their record. Yet, it took me tweaking the sliders to give the CPU to be even a little competitive. The sacks problem, at least before today's tuner update, is undeniable. Terrell Suggs, in this CFM, recorded 25 sacks, breaking Michael Strahan's record. Suggs would have several games with 3, maybe even 4, sacks. Suggs wasn't the only one; Timmy Jernigan (a rookie, started at ~70 overall) recorded doble digit sacks and is now an 80 overall. The progression system has allowed me to get Lardarius Webb to a 93 overall, and Jimmy Smith to a 90.

In season two, I went 12-4, and just couldn't find competitive sliders. That is, until the final two weeks. I tried CowherPower's slider set, and lost to the Steelers in a close, good game. In week 17, because I was 12-3 and had clinched the Division, I benched all of my starting players in a game with the Browns. The Browns won 30-20. This last game was played today, with the tuning update. I believe that I may have found a good set, at the very least to attempt to tweak to further improve my Madden experience.

I haven't played many games with this tuning update/Cowher's sliders. but I'm optimistic. The CPU is finally competitive, and the sacks problem has at the least been reduced. I love Madden 15; in terms of the graphics, the gameplay, and overall experience, it's the best I've had in a Madden game. (Though I do miss importing NCAA draft classes.) Looking forward, this game will be even better if EA fixes a problem I haven't spoken on yet; the Free Agency logic. The problems with game prep/player progression increase/decrease player overalls, which affects free agency. In my CFM, the CPU Giants cut Eli Manning after the 2014 season; he had regressed to a 69 overall. Several/many big name players were on the FA market in the season 1 offseason (Wes Welker signed with the Browns, Jason Pierre-Paul signed with Oakland etc.) This problem truly negatively affects my CFM experience. If, at the least, free agency logic is fixed/improved, I will be very happy with Madden 15. If not, I can say that this is a great game, and one that I am having a lot of fun with. Madden 15 is a must have for football fans, but it is also a game with its faults.

thanks for sharing.

does the cpu properly apply XP and use game prep if you do 32-team control and set it to auto for all teams ?

and what is auto-pilot ?

and does player progression work ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »