Home

NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #225
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

Patches anyone? I want us to have another honest discussion with Rammer just to hear what happened.
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #226
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan13
I really do enjoy this franchise and I'm not blaming the development team because I'm sure they were stretched too thin, but it's embarassing that EA would not help the team out. I had kept my preorder until today since I only used a couple of modes anyways, but without any Battle for the Cup and the stripped down BAGM mode I can't justify $60. Maybe at $30 on black Friday or in January, but not full retail.
The bold part above... That's what gets me. We have people here at OS, who have families and jobs, who do a better job than those who are being paid to dedicate their life to this. I'm not giving any company a free pass. I've often found that, even working a full-time job and having the responsibilities of a wife and 4 kids, that I could get better roster updates out - even more quickly - for MLB 2K12 than their roster guy could.

It's called passion and a desire for excellence. When we all wake up and realize that this is NOT the number priority for video game companies, we will all be wiser for it. They only care about $$$. Accuracy or realism doesn't matter. Pump out a game, broken, mind you - knowing that you can just patch it later - destroyed video gaming over the last decade or so.

Don't give their team a free pass. If they couldn't get it done, hire more people. The guys who should be given jobs are those of us here at sites like Operation Sports. We get it. I'm not a computer savvy tech guy, but I know a thing about rosters for various games. I understand sliders and A.I. We know what we are looking for and what we want to see. We understand this stuff because we are dedicated and passionate. And we care about providing something for the community here - for many various sports.

I'm sick and tired of people giving EA a continual free pass. I've read it here over the years. "Oh, don't say anything negative about the team at EA or they won't come to OS and listen to us anymore." Really... Like they've ever listened to us.

Truth is hard to accept, but when you put together a "team of rivals" around you, they help you see things you don't want to see. EA needs guys who aren't sitting in the box with them. Over time EA has destroyed EVERY game they've produced, from NHL to Madden to NCAA to their basketball titles. And I'm supposed to just accept that, and not lend a critical critique?

Funny, but of all the sports titles I play - EA's NHL title was always my favorite. I know nothing about roster editing for this title as I don't know all the nuances of hockey like a lot of smart people here in this group. But hockey has always been the funnest video game sport to play for me, beating out baseball (which I've dedicated my life here to roster editing for the MLB 2K version) and football, even basketball. And gradually, over the years, EA has simply ruined it for me. Modes have been added I could care less about. The AI never plays right. The game became a jacked up version of arcade hockey.

And with their latest efforts of patching NHL 14 (and I watched the entire youtube clip last night) - it's beyond pathetic. I really wish EA would just close their doors and let another company take over... It's well beyond time.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:19 AM   #227
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
The bold part above... That's what gets me. We have people here at OS, who have families and jobs, who do a better job than those who are being paid to dedicate their life to this.
Not going to quote the whole thing, but you're right. How can people who do this as a hobby get more work done than professionals? I think some of the guys should be fired based on results. If I do not do my job in the way it is expected, I should get fired. Is that heartless of me based on a videogame? Not when your job is to make a quality videogame.

Hockey is the only sport I care about anymore and in 2014 I have the same game modes that I have on Blades of Steel and I'm supposed to give the makers of the game a free pass? Ok I'm going to work today and everytime someone orders a hamburger, cooking half the burger, sending it out and telling the customer "It's coming later, I just ran out of time." It's ok, I have a wife, dogs to feed and bills to pay.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #228
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
Not going to quote the whole thing, but you're right. How can people who do this as a hobby get more work done than professionals? I think some of the guys should be fired based on results. If I do not do my job in the way it is expected, I should get fired. Is that heartless of me based on a videogame? Not when your job is to make a quality videogame.

Hockey is the only sport I care about anymore and in 2014 I have the same game modes that I have on Blades of Steel and I'm supposed to give the makers of the game a free pass? Ok I'm going to work today and everytime someone orders a hamburger, cooking half the burger, sending it out and telling the customer "It's coming later, I just ran out of time." It's ok, I have a wife, dogs to feed and bills to pay.

You guys never work in an IT department before. Its not always the fault of the dev team. They probably got limited budget and resources to actually do their job right. Its the executive of the EA Sports division that should get a slap not the dev team.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:25 AM   #229
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakar
You guys never work in an IT department before. Its not always the fault of the dev team. They probably got limited budget and resources to actually do their job right. Its the executive of the EA Sports division that should get a slap not the dev team.
So? You work with the tools your boss gives you and the customers still have their expectations. That's not fair, but that's how it is. In my kitchen there is no air, half of the equipment is broken, it's a casual restaurant but customers still expect their food within 5 minutes. I am expected to be able to fulfill those demands, if i don't I get fired.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:28 AM   #230
Pro

boxers's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakar
This. I'm pretty the devs didn't set out to castrate the modes of this game, they probably didn't have the resources. That being said, I'm going to put aside my frustration and enjoy this game for what it is and hope for some patches to improve things.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #231
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxers
This. I'm pretty the devs didn't set out to castrate the modes of this game, they probably didn't have the resources. That being said, I'm going to put aside my frustration and enjoy this game for what it is and hope for some patches to improve things.
Exactly. I have multiple friend that works at EA Campus in Burnaby. I might heard a story or two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #232
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can't put a ton of blame on the Dev team. EA probably used the same size team as they had for nhl 14 and that's a pretty small team. This is all the upper managements fault on this one for the most part. Hell even Madden got a free boost of people because of NCAA stopping.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »