Home

NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #233
Rookie

OVR: 3
Alright, introducing their game to next-gen and this is how it plays out? Not including tons of features it had before...on the next-gen models, this makes no sense at all. Just look at all that is missing, it is a big huge list.

This is disrespectful to the fan and consumers of their product, I went from a sure buy to a definitely no buy just now. Destiny comes out same day...very easy choice now.

We really really need another company making hockey games.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:51 AM   #234
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Playoff mode isn't mentioned in that list. Was that removed as well?
Playoffs, tournaments, and Battle for the Cup have all been taken out for next-gen.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #235
Rookie

Saint Iscah's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHeart
So I just watched this again. 2 things........

1. Gary Bettman and Zdeno Chara look NOTHING like themselves.

2. Gary Bettman (5'5") is the same height as Zdeno Chara (6'9") on skates.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #236
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROGtheNailer
Alright, introducing their game to next-gen and this is how it plays out? Not including tons of features it had before...on the next-gen models, this makes no sense at all. Just look at all that is missing, it is a big huge list.

This is disrespectful to the fan and consumers of their product, I went from a sure buy to a definitely no buy just now. Destiny comes out same day...very easy choice now.

We really really need another company making hockey games.
Only thing I can reason is they wanted to focus on the core game play first and foremost, which IMO would be a great thing. How many times have people said games keep adding features but don't fix the basic bugs or annoyances that keep it from being a great game? Plus, it's too early to tell that things WON'T be added later via patches and updates. Maybe there's a secret day-one update already planned? I doubt it, but until then, we won't know unless someone says so.

Personally, I'd rather have a polished game that is playable over a game with tons of features I'll never use. I never used the season mode, or Be A Legend. I know most of you do, but I either played Be A Pro or Be A GM. My EASHL career never took off full time but I have played a few pick up matches which were fun. If everything that isn't included now is added later, that would be OK okay long as everything else is there.

I'm not making excuses for EA or fanboying them because they WERE shady in not saying this before, but maybe, just maybe, they have plans.

That being said, I'll wait for this in the bargain bin or see what updates may come later. Until then, I'll stick with 14 and PS3.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:17 AM   #237
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Iscah
So I just watched this again. 2 things........

1. Gary Bettman and Zdeno Chara look NOTHING like themselves.

2. Gary Bettman (5'5") is the same height as Zdeno Chara (6'9") on skates.

Not only that this is completely unrealistic because we all know that the Blackhawks would have score two goals in 17 seconds to come back and win that game!

But in all seriousness, this is most disappointing. We were told that there was a new Stanley Cup celebration and this is almost the exact same thing we've seen forever. I wish SO bad that they would let us skate the Cup around like 2K did.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 09-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #238
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbyrask
Only thing I can reason is they wanted to focus on the core game play first and foremost, which IMO would be a great thing. How many times have people said games keep adding features but don't fix the basic bugs or annoyances that keep it from being a great game? Plus, it's too early to tell that things WON'T be added later via patches and updates. Maybe there's a secret day-one update already planned? I doubt it, but until then, we won't know unless someone says so.

Personally, I'd rather have a polished game that is playable over a game with tons of features I'll never use. I never used the season mode, or Be A Legend. I know most of you do, but I either played Be A Pro or Be A GM. My EASHL career never took off full time but I have played a few pick up matches which were fun. If everything that isn't included now is added later, that would be OK okay long as everything else is there.

I'm not making excuses for EA or fanboying them because they WERE shady in not saying this before, but maybe, just maybe, they have plans.

That being said, I'll wait for this in the bargain bin or see what updates may come later. Until then, I'll stick with 14 and PS3.
I keep seeing people say this, and while I wish it were the case, it simply isn't. The gameplay is unbelievably similar to what we've had for the past __ years. The amount of legacy issues is astounding. Yes, they've made some tweaks (and admittedly positive ones like the skill stick), but the core/meat of it is still the same as it has been.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #239
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
Goals also don't tally in Be a Gm games while playing a game. It only shows how many a player has scored during the game and not for the season.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #240
Rookie

I'm getting a free copy from an EA rep cos I work in retail. I love the gameplay. But the features missing is unforgiving.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »