Home

NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2014, 11:48 AM   #241
Just started!

OVR: 0
I really was looking forward to getting this game, but if these are true I will not be purchasing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #242
Rookie

TommyWizard's Arena

Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

I would have in the past defended EA to the alter...

But they have a whole year and then INSULT us with this? What a joke. They are really hoping the consumer is stupid enough to buy the game (I'm doing a general sweep, please don't take offense if you have!) see that the past modes are missing and assume that they will be more than happy to try HUT out and purchase packs to have a nice time playing the game.

EA can go swivel. We've all heard stories about what they are like, how the hell can anyone defend them against this? They had a year. If they didn't have "The time" to add features THEN DONT RELEASE THE GAME.

It will be plagued with bugs and glitches if or when they start adding modes in. This really is a slap to the face of hockey and gamer fans around the world. We deserve better and it's time for EA to let go of that license and let someone who actually cares about the fans and not about lining their own monopoly jackets with players cash.
NASCAR: Kasey Kahne
Old 09-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #243
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

OVR: 7
Icon13 Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

Really??? Yeah I will pass on this.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #244
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbyrask
Only thing I can reason is they wanted to focus on the core game play first and foremost, which IMO would be a great thing. How many times have people said games keep adding features but don't fix the basic bugs or annoyances that keep it from being a great game? Plus, it's too early to tell that things WON'T be added later via patches and updates. Maybe there's a secret day-one update already planned? I doubt it, but until then, we won't know unless someone says so.

Personally, I'd rather have a polished game that is playable over a game with tons of features I'll never use. I never used the season mode, or Be A Legend. I know most of you do, but I either played Be A Pro or Be A GM. My EASHL career never took off full time but I have played a few pick up matches which were fun. If everything that isn't included now is added later, that would be OK okay long as everything else is there.

I'm not making excuses for EA or fanboying them because they WERE shady in not saying this before, but maybe, just maybe, they have plans.

That being said, I'll wait for this in the bargain bin or see what updates may come later. Until then, I'll stick with 14 and PS3.
I'm all for them improving gameplay, even if it's at the sake of other parts of the game for a while, but that doesn't even look like what happened. Watching a video of the game being played it looks nearly identical to NHL14 in the way players move, the way goalies play, and the way players handle the puck.
If the gameplay was leaps and bounds above NHL14 i would be fogiving as that would help gameplay, but to have gameplay that looks nearly identical, and then still have entire game modes cut, then important features like drafting and player editing inexplicably removed just confuses me.
It's like they spent 97% of their time making fans take selfies, adding new arenas, and working on the new graphics engine, and the other 3% on cutting features and touching up stick-handling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakar
You guys never work in an IT department before. Its not always the fault of the dev team. They probably got limited budget and resources to actually do their job right. Its the executive of the EA Sports division that should get a slap not the dev team.
I work in one right now. And while there are certain things the development team has no control over, a lot of this can't be excused. I'm all for putting blame where it's due, but completely writing off the development team and only blaming EA as the parent company would miss the point a little too. Everyone deserves a slap, EA just a bit harder. Sliders and penalties are a prime example. EA up high may say "We want more focus on scoring, more things to get the casual fan into the game!" but that doesn't excuse the absolute lack of penalties we've had for two, possibly three, generations of the NHL series now. The sliders have been laughably inefficient at altering the game in any real way. Those are things that are on the developers.

Last edited by actionhank; 09-05-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #245
Banned

CelticHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

just a little update on twitter.....Sean Ramjagsingh @Rammer34 · 3 h
@francistancis a new draft is coming as part of our content updates....

hope that some things that are missed will be added!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #246
Rookie

only chances for EA to redeem themselves for this lackluster new gen edition is to lower the price of the game for new and gen3 editions of '15. At most it should be $50. Since gen3 '15 is just '14 with minor updates that should be $30 at most but we know how greedy EA is
Old 09-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #247
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I'm all for them improving gameplay, even if it's at the sake of other parts of the game for a while, but that doesn't even look like what happened. Watching a video of the game being played it looks nearly identical to NHL14 in the way players move, the way goalies play, and the way players handle the puck.
If the gameplay was leaps and bounds above NHL14 i would be fogiving as that would help gameplay, but to have gameplay that looks nearly identical, and then still have entire game modes cut, then important features like drafting and player editing inexplicably removed just confuses me.
It's like they spent 97% of their time making fans take selfies, adding new arenas, and working on the new graphics engine, and the other 3% on cutting features and touching up stick-handling.

I work in one right now. And while there are certain things the development team has no control over, a lot of this can't be excused. I'm all for putting blame where it's due, but completely writing off the development team and only blaming EA as the parent company would miss the point a little too. Everyone deserves a slap, EA just a bit harder. Sliders and penalties are a prime example. EA up high may say "We want more focus on scoring, more things to get the casual fan into the game!" but that doesn't excuse the absolute lack of penalties we've had for two, possibly three, generations of the NHL series now. The sliders have been laughably inefficient at altering the game in any real way. Those are things that are on the developers.
It may be within their ability to improve things like sliders and penalties, but if they aren't given the time or resources to do it, then the devs themselves aren't really at fault. It comes down to the decision-makers.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #248

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakar
You guys never work in an IT department before. Its not always the fault of the dev team. They probably got limited budget and resources to actually do their job right. Its the executive of the EA Sports division that should get a slap not the dev team.

I don't think people really care where the blame lies, I know I could care less, nor will I sacrifice anyone at the alter but it doesn't change the fact that this is pretty disheartening regardless of where the root of the issue is.

I was so looking forward to this game. Very disappointing stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »