Home

NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2014, 10:34 PM   #153
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

Keep the faith brother! We will rise from the ashes of the Ryan Miller era and be powerful again... in a few years...maybe 4 or 5.....right? Right??? RIGHT???
Old 09-04-2014, 10:37 PM   #154
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Wow, this is a shockingly poor effort. The only thing even remotely done well is the presentation and that's even limited(PBP is very repetitive).
For a game in development for as long as this has been, this is an unmitigated disaster. Hockey fans(I am not one), do not take the bait, this is a bad game.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:38 PM   #155
Rookie

Wow. I was a little disheartened by the loss of EASHL...but ouch. I was pretty much going to be okay with the game if the gameplay was fixed and the demo made it seem quite likely, and that the gameplay would be wonderful.

Simple things like player editor and some random generated CPU draft? How about no fantasy draft? That alone got Madden 13 users pissed off to no avail (they patched it in later). No custom music? This is all highly unexceptionable. I can live without some online-frill move like EASHL, but stripping Be a Legend mode (no minors? C'mon), on top of GM mode (crap draft/no fantasy draft), on top of no player editor (I guess there goes the awesome custom roster sets) is trash on a stick. That's basic. And they've lost a day 1 purchase from me because of it. When they patch in all of the above (because they likely will) I'll got buy the thing for $29.99 used. But until then...this is pretty disappointing even if they have upgraded visuals and improved gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 10:53 PM   #156
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroWorship
Save your money kids. Play the older games. Plug in the Sega; play a non-EA Sports hockey game, or enjoy the upcoming NHL season, unless you're a Sabres fan like me. I'll be drinking whiskey watching every game while playing NHL 07 reliving the Presidents Trophy winning-season and possibly crying.
No thanks. I care more about gameplay than anything else, and it still looks damn cool to me. I am buying a PS4 to play this game, even with a lot of these features missing. I can understand frustration, but this is a new game they have built.

Oh, and Hull scores, Stars win, baby!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:54 PM   #157
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

Hopefully Sean has an answer for this

SR: In Be-A-GM, you have the opportunity to control your own franchise and guide them to a Stanley Cup. All of the basics of the mode are there: there’s free agency, trading, and the rookie draft. You can play up to 25 seasons as well. The core of that mode is there.

We’re continuing as part of our updates to bring back some of that depth in different ways. We’ll have more details on what the patch plans for Be-A-GM specifically at a later date. The goal was to create a solid foundation to continue to build upon and to bring back things our fans have been asking for which we haven’t been able to in the past because of other technical limitations we’ve had.

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 09-04-2014, 10:55 PM   #158
Rookie

Here is where I think a large part of the problem stems from for EA Sports... and unfortunately it is a disease that a lot of shareholder corporations suffer from... The focus is ENTIRELY on short term profits (minimizing costs as much as possible included). They suffer from this disease and then blame things like piracy for example or other factors like mobile gaming, which further leads to the vicious cycle of focusing on the short term even more so.

Imo, EA listens way to much to sales guys with their bar charts and pie graphs, not realizing that it's all about building a "brand" over time. Building a brand requires bringing your games to all possible platforms, and not trying to shoehorn users into gaming the way you want. Pie charts and graphs get you nowhere. The guys over at Valve/Steam (who making money hand over fist) basically have meetings that consist of Newell walking in and saying "what do the users want on the message boards... ok let's do it"... That's what it's all about.. So long as you make it about meeting quarterlies you will begin a slow descent into oblivion.

You see it with all EA titles... they are going backwards imo. The future of gaming is all about customization and allowing user generated content. They are going backwards.

Last edited by jpollack34; 09-04-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:55 PM   #159
Rookie

Teigh Cubs Teigh's Arena

I wasn't too upset by the previously revealed missing features as I'm strictly an offline BeaGM player. I had every intention of buying this game on Tuesday, but with the absolutely gutted nature of every single mode in this game I cannot justify it. I love playing hockey video games, but this is just ridiculous. I'll play the demo over and over again to get my hockey fix long before I put down a single cent on this year's game.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:00 PM   #160
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox04
I was going to buy this. But I'm a franchise guy or in this case be a gm. The simple fact that i cant draft my own players pretty much closes the door on me how do build your own team if you cant "shop for the groceries" lol had to throw that in there .
Exactly this... What if I have the first overall pick and instead of drafting Connor McDavid, it drafts the next Patrick Stefan

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »