Home

NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2014, 08:36 PM   #129
Banned

Nabz's Arena

OVR: 2
Feels like we'ere basically getting nothing. SMH EA how could you ruin your only good series besides FIFA.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:55 PM   #130
Pro

HeroWorship's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

I'm going to give myself a high-five.

I had the chance to purchase a Playstation 4 and/or Xbox 1 last month. I anticipated getting NHL 15 and relishing in the next generation glory the game would provide. After all, I figured the EA NHL series learned from their mistakes in the past; NHL 07 for XBOX 360 was actually playable, and it wasn't stripped down like NHL 2001 for Playstation 2 was and NHL 97 for the Playstation.

Knowing that NHL 15 for the XBOX 360/PS3 would be NHL 14 with a facelift, I decided instead to purchase a ticket to Riot Fest in Chicago next weekend. The ticket was expensive, as will be the hotel and travel arrangements, but I decided I'd rather go have a fun weekend than purchase a system to play one game. Now, knowing the one game is going to be stripped to it's core, I am happy that I spent that money to go see a music festival.

The gameplay may be awesome, but the rest is not close to being worth the $60 it will cost to purchase. Sports games are a lot like cars; once you leave Gamespot (or the lot), the games dwindles in value. If some of you contend to spend $60 on this, then you're the same person who can't get mad when the price drops to $39.99 by Christmas, and ultimately, less than $20 by the end of the season.

Save your money kids. Play the older games. Plug in the Sega; play a non-EA Sports hockey game, or enjoy the upcoming NHL season, unless you're a Sabres fan like me. I'll be drinking whiskey watching every game while playing NHL 07 reliving the Presidents Trophy winning-season and possibly crying.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:04 PM   #131
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Epic failure
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
No way to edit individual players
No custom camera option
Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
I like to think of myself as a pretty patient, pretty forgiving guy when it comes to these things. You won't find me whining about missing stuff, or features most of the time. But c'mon. This is silly.

I'm going to skip this year's version. Frankly, I'm sick of EA Sports. Enough is enough.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #133
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
I will hope that EA will add a few features, but deep down inside I know they won't. It is dissapointing for sure, but will improve in the long run when most people pass on this game because of lack of features. I just hope the NHL series can survive the corporate pirates in charge.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #134
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Maybe thats what RAM was saying in his interview...building this series from ground up....remove 90% and try to put it "back in" in the next couple of series....what a joke this guy and the whole EA department responsible for this cruel joke to the passionate hockey video gamers!
Old 09-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #135
Rookie

OVR: 1
I have an idea for EA to make it up for my missing modes: Give me a full/free/included download of NHL 15 on the XBox 360 with my already pre-ordered NHL 15 for XBox One. I get all the next gen prettiness and can pop on the 360 to get some EASHL in. Anyone else be satisfied if that fantasy came true?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #136
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Guess its another year on 360...
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »