Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #857
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
I love how Don Muhlbach made the Lions roster as a LS but I can't play him at LS because reasons.
Been saying for years there needs to be a LS rating.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2014, 06:31 PM   #858
Rookie

brown19's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
APF is my all time favorite football game but I am not sure this is totally true. Last time i played it it had started to show its age. I get the sentimentality for 2k games I do, but would I rather play APF over Madden 15 at this point? For the first time the answer is no.

to this day i still play apf, and i have madden 2015. madden to this day still does not touch the on the field game play of apf in my opinion! in apf anything can happen! i have seen blocked punts, i have seen blocked fg, i have seen the ball snapped over the punters head!! ol/dl interaction still way better in apf. cb/db interaction still better in apf. zone coverage and man coverage is better in apf. commentary way better in apf. did i mention gang tackling in apf is way better! so in the end i summarize that apf still plays a better game of football then madden. and the game is going on 8 years old, we should not even have to debate on what football game is better when one of them is almost a decade old.. now i do believe madden is getting better and this is the best madden!! but in my opinion its no where near the best on the field game of football. to me that crown still goes to apf! and why i will still be playing it.... and you know those things called penalties they are called in apf! like pass interference.. so many years have gone by and were still waiting for penalties to work in madden..

Last edited by brown19; 09-04-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #859
Banned

OVR: 0

if I use 32-team control and choose for CPU to automatically use game prep points for all my teams, will the CPU actually use the points to progress/improve players on all 32-teams ?

Does Madden have year-to-year saves, like mlb the show does ?

thanks.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #860
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown19
to this day i still play apf, and i have madden 2015. madden to this day still does not touch the on the field game play of apf in my opinion! in apf anything can happen! i have seen blocked punts, i have seen blocked fg, i have seen the ball snapped over the punters head!! ol/dl interaction still way better in apf. cb/db interaction still better in apf. zone coverage and man coverage is better in apf. commentary way better in apf. did i mention gang tackling in apf is way better! so in the end i summarize that apf still plays a better game of football then madden. and the game is going on 8 years old, we should not even have to debate on what football game is better when one of them is almost a decade old.. now i do believe madden is getting better and this is the best madden!! but in my opinion its no where near the best on the field game of football. to me that crown still goes to apf! and why i will still be playing it....
I disagree but to each their own.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #861
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Definitely the best Madden has been in years

Still a long ways to go. It's hard for me to call a game the "best ever" for the genre when it doesn't have things like penalties working effectively and very little/no interaction between receivers and defensive backs. Not to mention the glitches that are stopping people from being able to play the game their way.

This game is a positive. It's a good step in a good direction. Hope they keep building.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 08:02 PM   #862
Banned

WISports's Arena

While some player models look good, many look terrible. Take Aaron Rodgers. One of the best players in the league, and he looks terrible. He looks like Frankenstein with those big, wide shoulder pads.

I try editing them, but it doesn't matter. I put the shoulder pad width and height as low as it goes, and they're still huge. If you set those sliders all the way down, shoulder pads should be tiny tiny. This has been an issue awhile now.

Also, you can't have a forearm band on your players like Aaron has.

Another thing, I wish they'd have some jerseys that aren't completely tucked in. Aaron's always looks like it's not completely tucked in.

Last edited by WISports; 09-04-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #863
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
APF is my all time favorite football game but I am not sure this is totally true. Last time i played it it had started to show its age. I get the sentimentality for 2k games I do, but would I rather play APF over Madden 15 at this point? For the first time the answer is no.

The game is certainly showing it's age, but the fact of the matter is it STILL does a number of things more realistically and more consistently than Madden imo. Madden definitely is a way more attractive game at this point, on a much more attractive system, but at it's core it still doesn't provide all the things APF did and does. Even with a mega patch, it still has some more work to do to dethrone APF.

Now would I rather play Madden than APF, hell yeah! But when Madden frustrates me I can't go back to APF, I just play nothing.....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #864
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
A proper patch would put Madden 15 over the top. Some games need a patch to make it good enough. The right patch would solidify Madden 15 as the football game we have been waiting for EA to release. That's not to say Madden 15 is not already a fun game, it's just that there is the potential for it to be truly special. I'd hate to see EA fail to Madden 15 by not allowing it to reach it's true potential.
Not the football game ive been waiting for, still no wr/db interactions, the gameplay is still pre-determined and ridden by canned animations, momentum still dont matter, foot-planting still not where it should be even after multiple attempts, still a TON of sliding and motion shifting, animations are horrid, lacking, and stiff, the game is still very generic with all players having the same animations and even carry the ball the exact same, and still no ball physics. Thats the football game ive been waiting for and no, I dont feel like its asking too much sense other sports games have implemented all of these things.
People need to calm down and realize that Madden 15 is mediocre compared to other sports games, its been horrible for so long that when they finally come out with a decent effort people overreact. Its looking like NBA Live 15 will surpass Madden in terms or graphics, player detail, and animation fidelity, lets keep this in perspective people, Madden 15 aint all that! And this is coming from a person thats enjoying the game after many years of not but I know the game is still far behind where it should be now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »