Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2014, 10:07 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
I love the NBA2k series. I believe it's the BEST sports series out there, and this one is no different. I don't care what no one says, but I do miss the PS2/XBOX/Gamecube days, where you had sooooooo many options. You had NBA Shootout, NBA Street, NBA Starting Five, NBA 2K, NBA Live, NBA Jam, NBA Courtside, NBA ballers and I think the most underrated NBA game of all time NBA Inside Drive 2003 (Paul Pierce on the cover). I say that because it was like an NBA RPG game when you created a player (this is just regular exhibition, not a mode like Myplayer). You had to play actual games to increase your player stats. I just like variety. This game looks great though.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:13 AM   #58
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Played the equivalent of one game. A half against the Browns and the Chiefs.

Visually, it looks very nice. A definite step up from last year.

Love the presentation elements. Nice real time camera angles, enhanced crowd, etc. Commentary while still limited, there seems to be more emotion. The game feels alive. In the past, it seemed more robotic in presentation.

Not sure how I feel about the new gameplay view. One is close (great for running) and another is a bit too far away (better for passing). It's a little tough for these old eyes on the passing routes, but I'm sure I'll adjust. Might not be so nice when playing head to head as I'm sure my son and I will have different preferences.

Really liking the defensive camera switch to a lineman. Guessing the snap is tricky, but enjoy the game inside the game.

Gameplay wise, as I've read, defense is the name of the game. Maybe I need to practice, but it seems there won't be a lot of track races to pay dirt on every possession. On my first play from scrimmage, Stacy took it 15 yards on a pitch on All Pro. Thinking the pitch is still money like in Madden 15, I failed to pick up any yards the rest of the half going left or right. I was able to bust a couple 5 and 7 yard gains up the middle but they were all earned. Passing is difficult if not just because of the camera angles. I'm finding the windows being much tighter than any previous versions. You really have to time the routes and perhaps throw the ball much earlier.

Overall, very happy with my initial play time. The digital version went very smoothly and I was up and playing as the clock struck 11 pm. Now I'm paying for it as I'm going on less then 6 hours of sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2014, 10:13 AM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidtaylor1989
I love the NBA2k series. I believe it's the BEST sports series out there, and this one is no different. I don't care what no one says, but I do miss the PS2/XBOX/Gamecube days, where you had sooooooo many options. You had NBA Shootout, NBA Street, NBA Starting Five, NBA 2K, NBA Live, NBA Jam, NBA Courtside, NBA ballers and I think the most underrated NBA game of all time NBA Inside Drive 2003 (Paul Pierce on the cover). I say that because it was like an NBA RPG game when you created a player (this is just regular exhibition, not a mode like Myplayer). You had to play actual games to increase your player stats. I just like variety. This game looks great though.
Sorry I had two tabs open. Thought this was the 2K thread. Same thing goes for MADDEN, which has been disappointing. At least 2k brings it every year.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #60
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Are you, by chance, ps4 digital?

I'm having slight issues too (I'm ps4 digital) that I didn't notice on X1 access time. Nothin huge but just slight menu lag and play calling screen in game seems a little unresponsive some times. I might reinstall or try the disc version

I've noticed the delay or lag also im ps4 digital as we'll where it seems to skip when u trying to pick a play u choose and it seems to click pass play u want,

what i wanna know is why does it ask u to choose the way u wanna see the play calling and i select the traditional way or old way and we get stuck with huge play calling screens? if u choose old way it should go back to like the previous yrs look.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #61
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3

Do yourself a favor and pick this game up. I went in with relatively low expectations and Madden 15 has exceeded every expectation that I had. Is it perfect? No. Is it worth our $60 and continued support, Yes. They really tried hard this year and it shows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #62
Rookie

Does anyone know if you and a friend can be on the same team during an offline franchise connected? In Madden 13 they didn't have it and it was a huge bummer. Last year they did allow it and my brother and I could play on the same team. We've done this for about 15 years now and It's about the only mode we can play.

This will determine if I buy the game today or not...
Old 08-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I've noticed the delay or lag also im ps4 digital as we'll where it seems to skip when u trying to pick a play u choose and it seems to click pass play u want,

what i wanna know is why does it ask u to choose the way u wanna see the play calling and i select the traditional way or old way and we get stuck with huge play calling screens? if u choose old way it should go back to like the previous yrs look.
This might sound crazy to some, but the new playcall screen is completely ruining this game for me. The constant drop down of the menue when switching formations and the layout is so brutal that it makes it really tough to call plays especially only having 10 seconds when on D.

I really wish the old playcall screen was available because the new one is beyond terrible IMO for people that call plays by formation.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:51 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 20

Just picked it up, played a half of Seattle vs Denver in Pre-Season, default all-pro. Haven't seen a penalty yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »