Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #833
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Ok so, that whole thing where the DB's stay back and allow the QB to rush and scramble for 3 miles before engaging has to be fixed too. Just played the Seahawks again, and Wilson gets too many yards before being engaged its dumb.. On that note, I figured out how to beat the Seahawks. Just play them at your place. I'm 1-2 against them, both losses coming in Seattle. No joke, I just won 40-14 under All Pro difficulty, EA rosters, and Charters sliders. I'd post a pic from my phone of the post game screen to prove it, but IDK how.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #834
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by acemafia04
Really unhappy with the new vertical playcalling layout. Combine that with the 12 seconds they give you to select a play on defense, leaves a lot of us unable to explore our playbook.

Has there been anything said about this?
thats what practice mode is for homie...im just say...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 09-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #835
Rookie

Scary Larry's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Ok so, that whole thing where the DB's stay back and allow the QB to rush and scramble for 3 miles before engaging has to be fixed too. Just played the Seahawks again, and Wilson gets too many yards before being engaged its dumb.. On that note, I figured out how to beat the Seahawks. Just play them at your place. I'm 1-2 against them, both losses coming in Seattle. No joke, I just won 40-14 under All Pro difficulty, EA rosters, and Charters sliders. I'd post a pic from my phone of the post game screen to prove it, but IDK how.
So, when are you trading this game in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #836
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Sometimes I think an important element get's lost in translation this year with Madden 15.

Game planning, calling the right plays, making the right adjustments, using the right defender with user control for said play etc etc etc. Confidence and game prep are also huge. I worked on Brent Grimes confidence leading into this week 3 game vs the Chiefs and the first play from scrimmage he takes a INT all the way to the house for a quick 7-0 lead. FANTASTIC!!!!

One thing I am paying very close attention to is the wonderful new play calling interface with have at our disposal. It literally tracks every single play you call for the season and the avg yards for or against it has produced.

I could not run the ball a lick today vs KC. And I tried outside, inside, power, slash, toss etc. They were just shutting me down. So I took what I could get in the passing game and fortunately I called a great defensive game plan today. Otherwise I would have been stomped by a better offensive team. Mind you Jamal Charles was out and in the end I feel that was the difference.

I am telling you this is the most organic Madden game ever made. And IMO best overall console football game ever made. Each game takes on a life of it's own. I don't see patterns or trends for the most part. Games are unfolding in a highly realistic manner. You must exploit weaknesses to win. You must call a good diversified play book. Another huge tip and suggestion I will share is...play defense in the defensive cam perspective. It is amazing. It really makes you earn it on defense. Whether that is snuffing out a running play, rushing the passer, playing LB and staying home in your zone or being a head hunting FS....it truly has changed the way I am playing Madden (I play NCAA 14 this way).

I think EA Tiburon has finally given us a Madden game that we can play all year and maybe even beyond if no improvement comes on 16 or if they go back to the tourney online ball garbage that sidetracked the vision started on 10.

This Madden reminds me of Madden 10 in the way the player weight is truly making the difference between players. For the very first time ever in a console football game I can really tell the difference between elite players, average players, lousy players. I can tell the difference between a speedster at RB or WR vs a power back or physical WR.

Elite players are truly elite now.

With a good patch this game is going to go down as the GOAT in video game football.

It's that good.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1 (2-1)
MLB 20 The Show - Classic Rosters and Yankees YR8
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-04-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #837
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

A proper patch would put Madden 15 over the top. Some games need a patch to make it good enough. The right patch would solidify Madden 15 as the football game we have been waiting for EA to release. That's not to say Madden 15 is not already a fun game, it's just that there is the potential for it to be truly special. I'd hate to see EA fail to Madden 15 by not allowing it to reach it's true potential.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:31 PM   #838
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't know if they're tuning the game without us knowing but I played a game against the Patriots and I was able to hold Brady at %68, he only took 2 sacks.(I didn't control the DEs except for a couple of times.) He stepped into the pocket, threw the ball away when the rush came. Their running game was working so they kept pounding the ball inside.It was a very realistic game. And all this happened on all-pro DEFAULT sliders. I didn't change a thing.

edit: Ohh, I forgot. I was the Bears. Cutler %59

Last edited by zizoux; 09-04-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #839
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Has anyone come up with a long-term workaround for the high number of user sacks on the CPU? This is about the only thing that keeps this game from being perfect.

If the CPU would simply throw the ball away in situation that would lower sack totals and also lower the CPU's often high pass completion percentage. I know that we can edit the traits to make quarterbacks throw the ball away more often but it's only a temporary fix as the new quarterbacks coming into the NFL will not have the necessary traits attached to them.

I don't think we'll see any kind of patch for this, especially since it was an issue in last year's game as well. I thought about bumping up pass block for the CPU but I don't know if that would address the issue.

Has anyone come up with any kind of solution for this?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 09-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #840
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Larry
So, when are you trading this game in?
Why would I trade it in?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »