Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2014, 09:28 AM   #785
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
In some cases yes. In some cases, there clearly is wonky stuff going on. It' clear guys ilke Ryan Moody, are clearly in it for Youtube fame and getting hits. They desperately need things to post about, manipulating the situation is not out of the question.

That being said, to each their own. If buying games for the strict purpose of going on bug hunts is what they want to do, more power to them. I have no problem with it.

I just play the games I like and don't play the ones I don't like. I don't need some guy on the internet looking for YoutTube celebrity to tell me whether I should enjoy the game or not.
You don't have to hunt hard in Madden though. Really don't have to hunt at all, a lot of the issues are obvious man. People like Moody are not the problem because they can point out the same issues still in Madden year after year. The developers are the problem for not being able to correct them year after year.

I don't get the hate for YouTube cats. It's a community just like this one. Only difference is they have more video. Moody is one of the most stand up dudes in it, and on the real I respect his views on the games issues more than anybody. If he were doing everything for fame and money he'd go the route of QJB or Golden, dudes who praise Madden and are basically paid advertisers of the game, cause dudes like that have hundreds of thousands of a subscribers and are making a living with that angle. Guys like Moody are making zip from it cause they're critical of Madden.

Seem like everybody at this site has something negative to say about everybody whether they do good, bad, or indifferent. I don't know what's up with that or how it got this way, but it's a bad look, for real.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #786
Banned

OVR: 4

Here's something else that needs to at least be looked at. Special teams blocking for user, and blocking for user in general. They said they rewrote the blocking, but I still see so many flaws. For example, on KO and Punt returns for the user, the A.I. always seems to break free and get clear shots at me, while they block me very well during such events when I'm kicking to them. And also, while on offense, way too many times have I seen on a screen, the lead blocker run downfield instead of getting the inside guy coming sideways first, and on passing plays my linemen would give up if a DE got around them, they wouldn't stay with them. I mean one play I was sacked that surprised me, and when I saw the sack, my O-lineman was RIGHT THERE. Like he never even picked him up. (Maybe I just gotta go into the ratings and up all my guys AWR) lol.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:01 AM   #787
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeezy89
So I just lost to the Cowboys (no Romo) with the Eagles 24 - 30 and i'm ****ing pissed!!!!!

*Using A&S sliders*

- My TE get's knocked out of the air by a Safety who's all over him and no call for PI

- I'm blitzing on every play and my defenders react once the RB is already 5 yards ahead WTF!!!!

- On 4th down McCoy runs the ball pass the 1st then breaks a tackle, goes BACKWARDS, then is tackled for no gain WTFFFFFF

- I'm throwing a streak pass with 11 secs left in the 4th, my WR and the CB both jump in the air at the same time to try and catch it, the CB tips the ball down and my WR randomly pushes the CB to the ground after and they call a ****ing clipping call on my WR.

Oh yeah Lance ****ing Dunbar ran on me for 165 smh

OMG! I lost it! I'm putting up the vids shortly after I cool down
There's really ONE explanation that covers EVERYTHING in all these vids. It's called "Legacy issues". What I dont get is for a company that touted a brand new engine and fixes for the new gen of consoles, are still plagued by problems that the last gen had. Here's the central point; if it's a brand new engine for next gen, and they specifically wrote it to do away with legacy issues... WHY AND HOW ARE LEGACY ISSUES EVEN MAKING IT INTO NEXT GEN TO BEGIN WITH??? It's almost as if EA said, we have this new engine, (but really, they dont, they're still using A LOT of upgraded last gen techniques and coding. And honestly, I wouldn't put it past them).
Old 09-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #788
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
My biggest issue is that Play Now and CFM play totally different with exact same slider settings.
Just don't get that at all.
I know I seen a post about the same thing with practice mode.
Oh well.. I'll just keep testing (even though I'm pretty much done testing) through my CFM.
I haven't even gone into CFM yet. How does it play different? Is it better or worse in CFM?
Old 09-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #789
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
My biggest issue is that Play Now and CFM play totally different with exact same slider settings.
I think that has been the case for several years. I believe it was '03 when I got the game, played a bunch of Play Now games to tweak the sliders to my weak skill set. Finally started a season and it played completely different.

Ever since, I have started up bogus franchises to sort out the sliders/settings....of course that opens up a new can of variables like hot/cold streaks etc.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #790
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I know I seen a post about the same thing with practice mode.
Oh well.. I'll just keep testing (even though I'm pretty much done testing) through my CFM.
I'm just about fed up with this game. I have tried so many different combos of sliders, speeds, tests, and nothing that I do will make the CPU QB grow a freaking brain. Everyone has things in a game they can live with and things they can't. I can even live with some of the legacy issues that exist, but I can't deal with a brain dead CPU opponent.

Offensively from a USER standpoint, the game is as good as it's ever been. On the other hand, defense is NOT fun. I average 6-10 sacks a game and I don't even use a DL or camera lock. Really, why should we be surprised? What was the "feature" last year? True Step and the running game. Adrian Peterson on "wins" the cover vote. What was overpowered last year? Yep. The running game. What is the new feature this year? Defense and make defense fun. Richard Sherman "wins" the cover vote. What happened? They improved zone coverage and they dumbed down the CPU QB to make it appear as if defense reigns in M15.

This game is NOT balanced. I remember seeing a video where the devs said they were watching games and if the stats weren't balanced they would tune it. Really? How many people does it take to notice the ridiculous number of sacks? What about the constant check down routes completed for 5 yards on 3rd and 10 or more? Does the CPU QB go through a progression?

Hoping for a patch that could easily make this the best Madden ever...
Old 09-03-2014, 01:23 PM   #791
Banned

You know, something just hit me that belongs here. In the past, the Giants haven't been all that great in Madden. In fact, I'll be honest, I've used the Broncos much more in the past 2-3 years on Madden than my Giants. (Always started out using the Giants though). My point is this; they've changed the game to where if you actually play it right and realistically, you can take a sucky team (especially the 2013 Giants), and win with sim sliders and default rosters. AND THAT MAKES MADDEN FUN! In the past, you had to play Madden, you couldn't play realistically, and therefore you couldn't use sucky teams if you wanted a chance to win, just couldn't do it. NOW, you can. And it's a great thing. If you complete the football concepts training, and play even remotely close to how it helps teach you, you can take a sucky team and win. (Or even take a sucky team, and play a great team and lose but still keep it close). For instance, to me the best 3 teams in the game are the Seahawks, Broncos and Packers. I'm 0-2 against the Hawks (but kept one close only lost by 2),and Broncos I'm 1-1, and 1-0 against the Packers. Always using the Giants, and always using sim sliders and rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #792
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Been playing it the last few days, I've enjoyed the gameplay to an extent. I've never cared about the equipment but their lack of equipment and the abnormal size of some facemasks is pretty disappointing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »