Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #705
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
thanks for your input. i just read through these posts, about Offensive linemen not moving and all kind of other details ... and it makes me wonder if the game is worth playing.

since i enjoyed madden 25, would ya'll say that madden 15 is better than madden 25 -- and how is it better ?

I played about 12 seasons in CFM with the Ravens in M25 (a lot for me) and it looks like I'll be playing the same or more with 15. It has it's problems but is still fun to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 07:49 PM   #706
Pro

OVR: 4

Is there anyway to change the weather in play now games? I'm hoping it's something I'm overlooking.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #707
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
Is there anyway to change the weather in play now games? I'm hoping it's something I'm overlooking.
Yeah it's there, it's on the screen that comes up after you pick teams, where you can choose stadium and gametime, etc.; it's toward the bottom.

Don't understand why we can't select the CPU's uniforms in CFM. Playing @Jets and they're wearing their whites. What's that about? A quick google says Jets haven't worn their whites at home since 2010. Is it just random or what?
Old 09-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #708
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7

Well, I see the QB dive - fumble bug is still alive and well, 8 years later.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #709
Rookie

OVR: 4

Is anyohe else having trouble strafing right off the ball on defense? I go to hold down LT before the snap and sometimes it seems like my defensive guy doesn't do it right away. He waits and sometimes it looks like he may turn the other way.

Or am I crazy?
Old 09-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #710
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
This game has me torn and feeling crazy. One night I will play and it is the best football video game I've touched. The next night I will play and the game is so frustrating I turn it off. I can play 4 beautiful quarters of realistic football where every call matters and the gameplay looks great.

Then I can play 4 quarters of linemen never getting blocked, post routes destroying cover 3 and cover 4, the underneath routes never being covered, etc. etc.

I just don't get it. It can play the greatest game of football and the worst... how?

Also, to add to this. I love losing in sports games as much as I love winning. I want my season to be a challenge and a dogfight. If I go 10-6, I want that to really matter and be because I fielded a good team. If I am playing with a bad team, I want to struggle and fight for a 6-10 season.

With that being said, I also hate losing for no real reason. I love MLB The Show and nearing the end of my second season of playing every game. I've lost over 100 games easily. I can sit here and go back and point out why I lost every single one. I made a bad pitch, I missed a hanging breaking ball, an error by my questionable CF, etc. That's fine and is what makes it an amazing game. Every game can be rewound and you can pinpoint exactly why every result was the way it was.

Now with Madden, you can't do that every game and that is what leads to the frustration. I can play one game and it's beautiful and I know why I won/lost. Then I can play another game and I can do nothing but sit there and feel cheated or that I got an advantage. It's cool if a play gets beat here and there when it was the right playcall. It isn't cool when a 2 man rush gets a sack in .2 seconds 2 plays in a row and 5 times in one quarter. It is okay if I call cover 3 and my safety makes an error and gets beat deep. It isn't cool when my safety is getting beat every single time when he literally only has one man to cover the entire play and is faster and better overall.

That's this year's game in a nutshell for me. I love it at times, I hate it at times. I do think at it's peak, it is the best football game I have ever played. I also believe that at times it can play the ever so ugly Maddenball that I absolutely despise. Why is the game so inconsistent at times? I have no clue, but it is frustrating and keeping me from buying this game despite how good it can be at times. I want a football game where I can look back and understand why a play was beat. Have a spectacular play here and there the is against the odds and I won't care one bit. I will care when my cover 4 gets beat 6 times in one game by a streak while the other 2 WR's and TE run routes no longer than 10 yards.

for one, football is an intense game, I believe the programmers have to do a better job of finding proper game-play balance.

In other sports titles the randomness and the hot and cold streaks players have is more realistic. Its rare that youll have an entire team play horribly in those other sports titles. it happens but not every game. youll get a mix of players having good games and bad games.

In Madden football its either the entire team plays bad or they all play well. its never a mix. that's the main problem, and I believe its tied to the way they coded randomness.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:01 PM   #711
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
One thing I failed to mention was regarding USER Control. Several here brought this up...but compared to last gen, I feel like in M15 that I have very limited user control. There's a delay or something but at least with M25 or NCAA14 on 360 I felt like I had full control of my players. Ugh. The more I play M15 the more disappointed i become.
Ok...so after fighting through the frustration with M15 I decided to head back to M25 for XB1. Honestly...I'm having a "holy crap" moment. I hated M25 on XB1, now after fighting M15 this week and going back...I've been playing for about 4hrs and noticing little things the game actually does pretty well. There's more user control, the inaccuracy slider works, and I feel more in control of my defenders without that stupid tackle cone. Graphics look brighter, players aren't all buffed out, and the fields are bright and not dulled out. Now what the hell am I supposed to do?!

I'm currently in a game (Seahawks vs 49ers) and its 14-3 hawks early in the 4th. Its been a closely contested game. Sliding, morphing, and weirdness from the infinity engine is toned down. Not a huge fan of true step still but coming from the lack of user control I felt in 15... its not that bad now.

Totally recommend, if you still have your copy of 25...give it a whirl and share your experiences...do you feel like you have more or less user control in M15 (compared to 25)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #712
Pro

Indyboy180's Arena

OVR: 5

FB Dive is OP.

Automatic first down on 4th and 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »