Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #697
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Sky, are you seeing qbs take shots downfield?
Oh yeah.. My 1st game I played a bit ago in my coach CFM..Fitzpatrick hit a couple mid to long ones. The longest I believe was about 40'ish yards or so yards that was taken to the house for a 75 yard TD pass.
They are there but they don't take long shots a whole lot but seems when they are there and they have time..they take them.

Biggest one was a game I was playing where the CPU QB got out of a sack and then chucked it deep.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #698
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
They still take shots down field at 10.
My last game was at 10. It was roughly a 40 yard pass that went the distance.
Also in same game Fitzpatrick hit his RB down the sideline on a corner route for about 25-30 yards.

Seems (IMO) they take the shots when they have the time. It's a fine line between them taking shots and dumping. Assuming the QB ratings etc.. play into it.
I learned my lesson when I was playing safety a while back and left area just a bit. wr went right by me and I cost us a TD.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-01-2014, 02:33 PM   #699
Banned

OVR: 0

this is a very good discussion that is taking place.

i only own mlb the show and i play it often.

i did not play madden for 7 years. i bought madden 25 and i enjoyed it WITH SLIDERS, even though it had a lot of sad problems.

i have not played the game yet and i am really on the fence about whether or not i should purchase the game (digital, most likely). it is not just about the money to buy the game, but the time invested in the game that concerns me.

would my time be better spent with mlb the show; than to spend time with this madden game ?

i am not trying to "stir the pot" or get banned. i really need help and advice from those who have played madden 15.

if i got madden -- i would use sliders; custom rosters; and likely just use 32-team control and play every game on the 2014-2015 NFL schedule, using the home team in each game.

and, btw, do interceptions still disappear if you do an in-game save -- and do assisted tackles register this year ?

thanks everyone. i appreciate your help.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:45 PM   #700
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

The core game is very good. Best Madden since Madden 10 IMO. Just needs to fix some of the connected franchise stat bugs and I'll be pretty pleased. Solid game that was still rushed out the door to meet street dates. Another month or so it could have been a lot better though.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #701
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdot23
Funny reading some of these comments... Like some of you are expecting video game characters to react like real life human beings. Finding every glitch, bug big or small and questioning plays like everyone is all of a sudden Bill Belichek...fellas It's a video game portrayal of football. It's not going to play perfect to the sport. Even as good as NBA2K and The Show even have crazy out of the normal plays. I know we all want sim football to play out like actual real life NFL but that's never ever ever going to happen. I can play a season with my Jets and throw 65 Td passes with Geno, am I only going to throw 25 to keep it somewhat sim or am I going to try my best to score as much as I can because I can... If I can rush for over 2200 yards with Chris Johnson I'm going to do it... Is that going to be realistic?? No. But am I going to turn a couple 80 yard runs into 5 yard runs to make it more sim??? No. Because it's a video game!!! It's supposed to be fun. Find the fun in the game fellas... If you paid $60 for the game make the best of it... Wait for some updates and just find the good in the games. I been playing Madden since it was John Madden Football without a year lol this is by far the most amazing football game to date on a system. I'm enjoying it. It's amazing. I sit there and can't believe how far sports video games have come... But I know it's a video game and it will always be a video game.... Bugs and glitches and all... I know it will never play out perfect. I'll find sliders and make the best of it.
Thanks for joining OS and trying to keep things in perspective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #702
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
The core game is very good. Best Madden since Madden 10 IMO. Just needs to fix some of the connected franchise stat bugs and I'll be pretty pleased. Solid game that was still rushed out the door to meet street dates. Another month or so it could have been a lot better though.

thanks for your input. i just read through these posts, about Offensive linemen not moving and all kind of other details ... and it makes me wonder if the game is worth playing.

since i enjoyed madden 25, would ya'll say that madden 15 is better than madden 25 -- and how is it better ?
Old 09-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #703
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Oh yeah.. My 1st game I played a bit ago in my coach CFM..Fitzpatrick hit a couple mid to long ones. The longest I believe was about 40'ish yards or so yards that was taken to the house for a 75 yard TD pass.
They are there but they don't take long shots a whole lot but seems when they are there and they have time..they take them.

Biggest one was a game I was playing where the CPU QB got out of a sack and then chucked it deep.
Sky, do you have sliders and settings posted somewhere that I could look at? I know you had been tweaking for awhile, and I still can't get the AI passing game balanced. Jarebear recommended playing at Normal speed and I'm going to try that tonight.

Also, two more questions, if you don't mind:

1. Do you still play on Slow?

2. What difficulty did you settle on (I recall you bouncing between All Pro and All Madden)?

Sorry to pepper you with questions, but I am so close to getting this game tuned and I'm trying to get more suggestions.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #704
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

i dont know if this has been mentioned yet, but i have noticed that most if not all of my innacurate passes are when i throw right on my recievers break, in my experiance the cpu almost never times its throws with a break, so they almost never have an innacurate throw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »