Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2014, 12:33 AM   #777
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That doesn't even bother me. I don't see that as being so bad.
For me it doesn't bother me at all since it's my world etc.. once I start a franchise.
I don't need a replica of the real world. I game to get out of the real world. That's just me though.
Sure I could sit down with the game and find a ton of things off after a year and heck even before.... that's not fun for me.
The day I get that way or have anger issues with a game is the day I hope my wife shoots me.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 09-03-2014 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:50 AM   #778
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

OVR: 0

Is it just me or is the turbo button nothing but a quick acceleration boost (at least for ball carriers)? Top speed seems to be the same whether or not you're holding turbo. I remember a pre game tip in NCAA Football 14 saying something like this, but I haven't paid attention during gameplay until tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2014, 02:21 AM   #779
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekbird
I have barely played any of the maddens since xbox360 came out (even though I bought them all day one and I played pre-last gen Maddens for hours upon hours) I would buy them, start playing the first day being all excited, then lose interest very quickly...I simply havent liked their franchise/cfm modes, which are the meat of the game for me. And even though I said I wouldnt, I bought 15 on tuesday because....football.

First off, gameplay is excellent and DEFINITELY the best its ever been (as it should be...finally) There are still little things here and there but its a video game and it meets realistic expectations. Though the play calling is awful this year...please let me change it back.

As far as the CFM...i knew sim stats were messed up, I knew the new confidence rating had some kinks...I did not expect what I got:

I simmed a season as my beloved Panthers who went 5-11, which is whatever, you never know in the NFL, dont care about that....but the stats...wow.

In preseason they kept 4 QBs and 5 TEs but cut all but 2 DTs...other things were weird too, I dont know what mushroom aided logic was used here...

Newton - 2019 passing yards...missed no games...7 TDs 17 INTs

he also led the team in rushing with around 600 yards, noone had more than 3 rushing TDs

the leading receiver (Avant for some reason)had less than 600 yards and 0 TDs. Benjamin as the #1 had less than 500 and 2 TDs (tied for team lead) and finished the year with 1 confidence

not quite as insane but troubling was defense, where the team that last year had more sacks than any team since 06 finished with around 20, lead by a backup DE with 7. Gano also kicked 54% of his FGs

The reigning coach of the year must have a really really awful system...

League stats of course were not much better, Brady led the NFL with 3600 yards and the most TDs were 27...2 people broke the NFL sack record including someone with 29...4 kickers had over 50 FG attempts and many more had over 40.

Then to the off season...they let Cam walk in favor of Christian Ponder, not that I really blame them with those stats but he was still rated high...

In the draft they only drafted 2 players because they traded all the other picks in order to have 17 (!) picks in next seasons draft.

I know these things are known, maybe theres no reason to complain about them yet again but its just mind blowing...did noone play this mode before they released it...I live near tiburon, just send me a game early and Ill test it for free...its unacceptable and much worse than I gathered from other threads.

EA, take a hint from NBA2k15 which is giving us fully customizable myGM mode....hell, I would be grinning from ear to ear for the next year if you gave us NFL Head Coach with new rosters and Madden 15's game play....why cant you just do that?

Sorry about the rant, just want people that havent gotten it yet that love dynasty modes to know what they are getting into...cant believe I let EA take my money yet again...is it October yet? NBA2k is looking pretty sweet...
Yeah its truly ridiculous how bad the sim stats are...even though they've been a problem for years. They're worse than they've ever been! I do NOT understand how that's possible.

And when you're playing against elite QBs, the ridiculousness goes the other way. They can't miss. At halftime of my current game, I have 6 sacks (I raised the CPU pass blocking up and it doesn't seem to help much, but I'm certainly not on pace for the unfathomable total of 18 that I amassed against the Bears) on Brees, and have to have hit him at least a dozen times on his throws. Does it affect him? No. It does not. His statline is 28-31 375yd 2TD 1 INT. Why does stamina still not matter for QBs? If you get hit 20 times by lineman you're not only going to get very tired and rattled, but you're probably going to get injured. Madden's QBs are complete iron men...until they cross the line of scrimmage. Then they can't help but get themselves hosed off the turf. But in the pocket? Immune to pain. Looks like Welker isn't the only person who has been taking amphetamines....
Old 09-03-2014, 03:09 AM   #780
Kitten Mittens!!

thegut's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm still enjoying the game but it's been a challenge to find the right difficulty, sliders, and (what they can't fix) house rules. It's a fun game but legacy problems are still there. I'm at my wits end trying to find a setting that won't lead to robo qb's or Qb's that will not throw for 10 yards or less or can make a decision instead of taking 10 sacks a game. Pretty annoying but the game is fun. I definitely don't find it sim (which is my jam) but it is scratching my football itch.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:28 AM   #781
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegut
I'm still enjoying the game but it's been a challenge to find the right difficulty, sliders, and (what they can't fix) house rules. It's a fun game but legacy problems are still there. I'm at my wits end trying to find a setting that won't lead to robo qb's or Qb's that will not throw for 10 yards or less or can make a decision instead of taking 10 sacks a game. Pretty annoying but the game is fun. I definitely don't find it sim (which is my jam) but it is scratching my football itch.

Read that entire post in Ron Swanson's voice. 😂
I agree though. All Pro is too easy while All Madden is not too difficulty, but entirely too glitchy. CPU AI is broken so I'm not sure we'll ever get a proper challenge.

-CPU QB don't go through progressions they just hit the wide open man or take a sack.
-CPU HB can't find holes.
-CPU WR don't fight for the ball.
-CPU DL don't use correct moves.
-No clear separation between fast and slow players even with the threshold at 0.

I'm still enjoying the game, but I'm not sure how much longer it'll be before it begins to get stale. Hopefully CFM can keep my interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 03:38 AM   #782
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

My biggest issue is that Play Now and CFM play totally different with exact same slider settings.
Just don't get that at all.
I know I seen a post about the same thing with practice mode.
Oh well.. I'll just keep testing (even though I'm pretty much done testing) through my CFM.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-03-2014, 04:06 AM   #783
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
My biggest issue is that Play Now and CFM play totally different with exact same slider settings.
Just don't get that at all.
damn,I was hoping this wouldn't be the case again. Guess I'd better get my butt into a "test" CFM then
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-03-2014, 05:45 AM   #784
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I've played more madden games in the last week than I have in the last few years combined.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

What camera view do you play on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »