Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #689
Rookie

OVR: 0
Funny reading some of these comments... Like some of you are expecting video game characters to react like real life human beings. Finding every glitch, bug big or small and questioning plays like everyone is all of a sudden Bill Belichek...fellas It's a video game portrayal of football. It's not going to play perfect to the sport. Even as good as NBA2K and The Show even have crazy out of the normal plays. I know we all want sim football to play out like actual real life NFL but that's never ever ever going to happen. I can play a season with my Jets and throw 65 Td passes with Geno, am I only going to throw 25 to keep it somewhat sim or am I going to try my best to score as much as I can because I can... If I can rush for over 2200 yards with Chris Johnson I'm going to do it... Is that going to be realistic?? No. But am I going to turn a couple 80 yard runs into 5 yard runs to make it more sim??? No. Because it's a video game!!! It's supposed to be fun. Find the fun in the game fellas... If you paid $60 for the game make the best of it... Wait for some updates and just find the good in the games. I been playing Madden since it was John Madden Football without a year lol this is by far the most amazing football game to date on a system. I'm enjoying it. It's amazing. I sit there and can't believe how far sports video games have come... But I know it's a video game and it will always be a video game.... Bugs and glitches and all... I know it will never play out perfect. I'll find sliders and make the best of it.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:39 PM   #690
Banned

Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Lighting is terribly inconsistent in this game.

University of Phoenix Stadium 1pm = incredible

AT&T Stadium 1pm = crap

Night games everywhere = great

1pm lighting outdoors pretty much everywhere= crap

4pm lighting Raymond James = great

4pm lighting Gillette = crap

Indoor closed stadiums = great

And in general at 1pm, the lighting brightness is just not there outdoors. I think I might post some comparison shots of 25 to 15 later on. They really screwed this up.

I also don't understand why the grass is so dull in outdoor stadiums, and why it has this strange sort of sparkle at times.

Last edited by FaceMask; 09-01-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #691
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

The Robo QB is killing me. I had to turn off the game after Jay Cutler broke a tackle from Aldon Smith, was chased out of pocket by Justin Smith, ran into his own linebacker but somehow still threw the ball off balance 20+ yards perfectly between 2 defenders on 3rd and 14. I almost threw my controller
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #692
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeezy89
The Robo QB is killing me. I had to turn off the game after Jay Cutler broke a tackle from Aldon Smith, was chased out of pocket by Justin Smith, ran into his own linebacker but somehow still threw the ball off balance 20+ yards perfectly between 2 defenders on 3rd and 14. I almost threw my controller
I lowered the Qb Slider to 30. Much more enjoyable now .
Old 09-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #693
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

This game has me torn and feeling crazy. One night I will play and it is the best football video game I've touched. The next night I will play and the game is so frustrating I turn it off. I can play 4 beautiful quarters of realistic football where every call matters and the gameplay looks great.

Then I can play 4 quarters of linemen never getting blocked, post routes destroying cover 3 and cover 4, the underneath routes never being covered, etc. etc.

I just don't get it. It can play the greatest game of football and the worst... how?

Also, to add to this. I love losing in sports games as much as I love winning. I want my season to be a challenge and a dogfight. If I go 10-6, I want that to really matter and be because I fielded a good team. If I am playing with a bad team, I want to struggle and fight for a 6-10 season.

With that being said, I also hate losing for no real reason. I love MLB The Show and nearing the end of my second season of playing every game. I've lost over 100 games easily. I can sit here and go back and point out why I lost every single one. I made a bad pitch, I missed a hanging breaking ball, an error by my questionable CF, etc. That's fine and is what makes it an amazing game. Every game can be rewound and you can pinpoint exactly why every result was the way it was.

Now with Madden, you can't do that every game and that is what leads to the frustration. I can play one game and it's beautiful and I know why I won/lost. Then I can play another game and I can do nothing but sit there and feel cheated or that I got an advantage. It's cool if a play gets beat here and there when it was the right playcall. It isn't cool when a 2 man rush gets a sack in .2 seconds 2 plays in a row and 5 times in one quarter. It is okay if I call cover 3 and my safety makes an error and gets beat deep. It isn't cool when my safety is getting beat every single time when he literally only has one man to cover the entire play and is faster and better overall.

That's this year's game in a nutshell for me. I love it at times, I hate it at times. I do think at it's peak, it is the best football game I have ever played. I also believe that at times it can play the ever so ugly Maddenball that I absolutely despise. Why is the game so inconsistent at times? I have no clue, but it is frustrating and keeping me from buying this game despite how good it can be at times. I want a football game where I can look back and understand why a play was beat. Have a spectacular play here and there the is against the odds and I won't care one bit. I will care when my cover 4 gets beat 6 times in one game by a streak while the other 2 WR's and TE run routes no longer than 10 yards.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 09-01-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:44 PM   #694
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I lowered the Qb Slider to 30. Much more enjoyable now .
On All pro I have user and CPU at 10. Just held Fitzpatrick to 56%.
(I play Coach mode)
Also put intentional grounding to 0 and both QB's had balls thrown away. When I looked at the highlights (play by play) it even said "Fitzpatrick threw pass away"
There is no robo QB with good settings.
Game was a blast.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #695
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
On All pro I have user and CPU at 10. Just held Fitzpatrick to 56%.
(I play Coach mode)
Also put intentional grounding to 0 and both QB's had balls thrown away. When I looked at the highlights (play by play) it even said "Fitzpatrick threw pass away"
There is no robo QB with good settings.
Game was a blast.
Sky, are you seeing qbs take shots downfield?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 02:03 PM   #696
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

They still take shots down field at 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »