Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2014, 10:39 AM   #681
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

The more I play the more it is sinking in. This game leads to the SAME TACTICS every year. Because they refuse to address the things on defense that matter you still have MONEY run plays in the game thus creating a situation where you have to look for MONEY RUN stoppers. It's like your defenders get out of position on purpose sometimes; there are magic run plays where the blockers no matter what team just scoop up everybody.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #682
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Not sure what you mean by want old Madden. I actually think all the zig zag stuff is still here actually.

I guess ultimately, I think that more control over the runner is needed. You can't, for example, run outside, plant, pivot and bounce back inside. That's an impossible thing to do here... There are just no animations created by EA to make it so.

I'm not saying you can't have a decent running game. I just think the running game is severely limited because you have some weird suction/magnetic thing going on. And that occurs at the expense of having total control of your running back.
I actually like the running game. I've always felt madden was too twitchy. Cut on a dime or zig zag without bothering to use moves at all. I'm getting realistic results. Granted I use Eddie Lacy mostly, but I run between the tackles and don't touch sprint until I hit the hole. Most runs are 3-4 yards, occasionally I'll break a tackle or two and pick up a nice gain. Sometimes I get blown up after a yard or 2.

I also mix it up and use Starks on outside runs and stretch plays. I hit the Sprint right away to get to the edge and then let off to cut upfield. Again, sometimes I can't get the edge and gain a yard. Other times I can break a 10-15 yard scamper.

I will admit I don't use a ton of moves. Mostly truck with Lacy and just sprint with Starks. The elusive ones like juke and spin don't work very well with those backs for me. But I'm getting realistic results for Green Bays running game.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #683
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The more I play the more it is sinking in. This game leads to the SAME TACTICS every year. Because they refuse to address the things on defense that matter you still have MONEY run plays in the game thus creating a situation where you have to look for MONEY RUN stoppers. It's like your defenders get out of position on purpose sometimes; there are magic run plays where the blockers no matter what team just scoop up everybody.
What type of run are you seeing that's money? I have a hard time in obvious running situations. My opponents take d lineman and get off their blocks almost instantly with that jump the snap. To have any success online I have to make sure I avoid running at manual lineman.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:22 AM   #684
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Not sure what you mean by want old Madden. I actually think all the zig zag stuff is still here actually.

I guess ultimately, I think that more control over the runner is needed. You can't, for example, run outside, plant, pivot and bounce back inside. That's an impossible thing to do here... There are just no animations created by EA to make it so.

I'm not saying you can't have a decent running game. I just think the running game is severely limited because you have some weird suction/magnetic thing going on. And that occurs at the expense of having total control of your running back.
I know what you mean. For me there are some running plays where the CPU makes the RB take a step or 2 in a pre determined direction (to the designated hole) before you are able to control/ redirect the RB. Maybe its due to momentum. But I do feel like RBs do feel / move/ cut differently. I have played with McCoy, Chris Johnson, CJ spiller, Gerhardt and the most enjoyable for me was doug martin. I was actually able to do the plant and cut back move you're looking for by holding the L2/LT to throttle down quickly then slamming the left stick in the opposite direction to cut. Give it a try with different backs in practice mode and combine it with turbo for a quick burst out of the cut. I'm really enjoying the strategy and chess match of this years game. Not a fan of the big play shootouts every game. Every yard feels earned this year. Definitely a step in the right direction.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #685
Banned

OVR: 0

Boy does this game cheat on 3rd and 4th and short, defenders will break off their blocks and lay you out before you get to that first down marker no matter how your momentum is going, same for db's they will lay backs the likes of Marshawn Lynch flat of their backs or 3rd or 4th and short, such crap!

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 09-01-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #686
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachboy19
I know what you mean. For me there are some running plays where the CPU makes the RB take a step or 2 in a pre determined direction (to the designated hole) before you are able to control/ redirect the RB. Maybe its due to momentum. But I do feel like RBs do feel / move/ cut differently. I have played with McCoy, Chris Johnson, CJ spiller, Gerhardt and the most enjoyable for me was doug martin. I was actually able to do the plant and cut back move you're looking for by holding the L2/LT to throttle down quickly then slamming the left stick in the opposite direction to cut. Give it a try with different backs in practice mode and combine it with turbo for a quick burst out of the cut. I'm really enjoying the strategy and chess match of this years game. Not a fan of the big play shootouts every game. Every yard feels earned this year. Definitely a step in the right direction.
Shouldn't have to press L2 to do that, that should be able to be done just slamming the left thumb stick from side-to-side. Defenders close in so fast pressing the left trigger then juking takes too long.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #687
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
What type of run are you seeing that's money? I have a hard time in obvious running situations. My opponents take d lineman and get off their blocks almost instantly with that jump the snap. To have any success online I have to make sure I avoid running at manual lineman.
I'll send you a PM because I don't want to post the play. I actually just found something for it today.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:31 PM   #688
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakhamr
Disappointed again. Commentary is a joke. Gameplay is always great. Need a name library for created players so the announcers will say their names. Weekly wrap up show. For commentary just copy NBA 2k's commentary. Just do what they do and Madden will be great.
They have an audio database for last names. Was user-accessible for years until MUT got big. I believe they're purposely nerfing it because of MUT. They don't want people to just create legends and have their names said without you paying for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »