Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2014, 03:40 AM   #673
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

So I wasn't going to get the game has I didn't get last years game for the first time in a long time has I have just got fead up with madden but I was so wanting to try the game with it being on a new generation of conserls that I end up getting the game. The grapchis are pretty good but so far the only game on ps4 that has blow me away graphic wise is nba 2k14. I just played my first game as I just got the game yesterday. I already noticed something that wasn't a problem back during the ps2 days that was a problem last gen and looks like it is back and that is clock management. I packers vs Vikings and the Vikings have the ball on like the 30erd yard line they complete a pass to about the 20 and with about 12 seconds left and 1 time out by the time they get back to the line. I am think they will call the time out and kick the fg to end the half or call the time out right away and then take a change with one pass to the end zone and if they don't get it then kick the fg. But instead they want and snap the ball with 1 second left and try to get a TD so cost them probly 3 points has I stop them. So hear are my first game stats all pro deafault sliders keep in mind I am not the most skilled madden player and I didn't have last years game and haven't played a lot of madden in a long time.

Packers me
passing A. Rodgers 29-47 311 yds 2td 4int long 37
Rushing e lacy 20 70 yards 2 td
Team stats
rushing yards 79
passing yards 303
told 382
turnovers 5

Vikings CPU
m.cassel 17-26 275 yards 3td 2int long 87
a.Peterson 37 149 yards 1 td
team stats
rushing yards 197
passing yards 268
told 465

Now I got behind really quike in this game and had a really bad last like 3 minutes before half time with a fumble and a int and was down 24-7 at half time witch is why I had to thorw the ball so much. Has you can see lots of tunovers. Both teams 1 sack. Will have to play more has 1 game is not much but I had trouble getting to the qb for the most part and the qb excabel 2 sacks that they probly shouldn't have been able to excaple including 1 that lead to the 87 yard pass play. I felt like 1 of the 4 int that the CPU foced me into was kind of cheep and the 1 I had was on a reall good catch. To early to make a judgment but I really hope I didn't wast my money on the game has I felt like all of last gen was just a wast for madden. This was with 15 minute quarters and 20 accle clock may have to put it down to 15 accle clock has I think there was maybe a few to many plays 146 nfl average I think is 120-130
Old 09-01-2014, 03:52 AM   #674
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Unfortunately, wasn't this also an issue last year? Correct me if I am wrong but I think I remember people going back and forth between those sliders in particular being "backward or broken" form awhile now. Might not be a on easy fix since it seems to have been around for awhile
I'm not sure. I know it's been an issue before but I remember seeing in the next-gen thread last year weird things like the interception slider actually being pass coverage but I checked that and it didn't do anything. There was this issue a couple years ago I believe in Madden 13 where they didn't work in CFM and that got fixed. The slider works for the CPU perfectly but doesn't seem to work at all for the user so hopefully it is an easy fix.

Just did it on the corner route in practice and it plays out the exact same every time whether coverage is at 0 or 100, All-Madden or Rookie. Going to check some more routes to see if it plays out the same.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:24 AM   #675
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Well the slider does seem to work at least a little bit. Kept having the CPU run curls and there seemed to be a little bit of a difference between 0 and 100. Seems like anything that involves the DB planting his feet because of a receiver break though results in huge separation whether you're on 0 or 100 and it doesn't affect the CPU hardly at all on 50. Didn't do any zone testing but that's been just as bad as the man coverage so I'd still like to see the effectiveness of pass coverage raised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 04:43 AM   #676
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Ehh.. At this point, the game is fun to me, that's all I care about. . I have no desire to go on bug hunts. To each their own, but I don't put a lot of stock in the opinions of people who are simply looking for YouTube fame.
All I see with those guys, no matter what game they are playing, is them playing the game fairly badly and then trying to say the game is bad.

This seems like a solid iteration of Madden and hopefully they will patch some things to make it feel a bit more natural.

Now Playing FIFA, UFC 4, PGA Tour 2k23, WWE, MLB The Show and Dirt Rally 2.0
Old 09-01-2014, 07:03 AM   #677
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Has anyone found a way to have the AI attack you down field more? I've had some competitive games (including a fair share of losses), but it's either due to my lack of offense or the AI completing about 30-40 short passes and/or running all over me. I'm fine with losing that way, but I'd like to see some more variety in games and, honestly, I should have lost some of my games by a lot more if the AI was on its passing game. And when I say "down field" I'm not asking for a barrage of deep balls or anything...just an increase in pass attempts for more than 10 yds.

I've yet to have my secondary really tested. I've tried calling more man defenses (was running a lot of zone early on) but the AI still won't test me and if I all-out blitz then the CPU is going to get sacked at least 6-8 times (this last game it was 11 and that was with their pass block slider at 95) and end up getting no offense in. Now, it obviously makes sense that with an overpowered pass rush there would be less time to hit deeper routes, but since I've not seen much talk about passing aggressiveness, I'm hoping it's something I'm doing/not doing on my end.

Anyway, I've gotten the running game pretty much where I want it on both sides and my own passing numbers are solid as well (a bit low most times, but that's on me), but I'm stuck between a short-range "Robo QB" (All Madden) or non-existent/very weak passing game (All Pro) for the AI.

For what it's worth, here are the related sliders I've most recently tried (I keep going back to All Pro because it's giving me the best results everywhere else):

Player coverage and reaction at 40
Player tackling at 35
CPU pass block at 95
CPU Run Block at 70
CPU Accuracy at 40

The only thing I haven't tried (I think) is bumping CPU accuracy past default since I've found the AI too accurate, but if that relates at all to their aggressiveness, I'll try it. Just trying to find balance is all because I'm so darn close to getting this game where I want it.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:13 AM   #678
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

SoxFan, are you playing on slow?

Only way I got CPU taking sacks somewhere close to being reasonable, as well as CPU going downfield a few times a game (both are still not where they should be, but better now) was switching to normal difficulty.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:20 AM   #679
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
SoxFan, are you playing on slow?

Only way I got CPU taking sacks somewhere close to being reasonable, as well as CPU going downfield a few times a game (both are still not where they should be, but better now) was switching to normal difficulty.
Yup, on slow. I've tried normal but the running game was problematic for me. I might have to give it another go though, as it seems I'm having an easier time tweaking running than passing.

How much of a difference did you notice between slow and normal for AI passing?
Old 09-01-2014, 07:49 AM   #680
Just started!

OVR: 0
Disappointed again. Commentary is a joke. Gameplay is always great. Need a name library for created players so the announcers will say their names. Weekly wrap up show. For commentary just copy NBA 2k's commentary. Just do what they do and Madden will be great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »