Home

NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2014, 03:13 PM   #145
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
I can't wait for the competitive games... head to head and what hasn't been announced yet.
I hope the game is more competitive because that "king of the court" tourney was 1000% cheddar with excessive halfcourt alley oops and 1-3-1.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 04:07 PM   #146
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
How a sports game plays when two people are playing head to head is the truest test of how well it has been designed and implemented.

No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy. In this case no sports game survives contact with the competitive online player.

Even those of us who don't play online often or at all, should, in a respectful manner of course, ask more of development teams in terms of ameliorating User malfeasance. Always keeping in mind the limitations imposed by time and technology though. If a game plays great with two Users going at it, then it will be spectacular in a User v CPU environment.

With the team now assembled at VC, I think OG's anti-Cheddar gifs are a harbinger of things to come for the cheeser crowd going forward.

Great post. I agree 99 percent.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 08-31-2014, 09:36 PM   #147
Rookie

Jstache83's Arena

OVR: 0

OG strikes again #SimNation
Old 09-01-2014, 01:10 AM   #148
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
I hope the game is more competitive because that "king of the court" tourney was 1000% cheddar with excessive halfcourt alley oops and 1-3-1.
The best part about that was connecting those money-game players to the dev. team to talk how they play - how they play to win specifically - and tactics they use. Getting feedback from those type of players is important.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Old 09-01-2014, 01:55 AM   #149
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
The best part about that was connecting those money-game players to the dev. team to talk how they play - how they play to win specifically - and tactics they use. Getting feedback from those type of players is important.
i've said this from day one....cheaters always prosper.....the only way to beat certain people is to literally have developers see their tactics, and take those tactics out the game. So long as 2 humans have access to a game, someone will find a flaw in the gameplay and use it as an advantage. As humans, its what we do. It even mirrors real life basketball. On offense you to try to exploit the defense. On defense, coaches like Chicago Bulls Coach Tom Thibideaux get the big bucks to come up with defensive SCHEMES to exploit the offense. Its in our nature to be competitive.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:04 PM   #150
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstache83
OG strikes again #SimNation
#SimNation

Old 09-02-2014, 12:54 AM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 1

This type of stuff is just empty promises. Every year around this time we get super hyped with new game mechanics and additional features only to be left disappointed; well at least in my case. NBA 2K14 for next gen consoles was a terrible game from an online players standpoint. The NBA 2K servers are by far the worst in the sports game industry and the one thing that is near and dear to my heart; online leagues/associations was completely ruined and stripped to an unplayable state. All these changes and tweets sound good, but you must forgive some of us consumers for not believing everything we hear; especially from 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
This is a great way to discover how cheesers play, how they discover cheesey play & what they do to win. Lowering the alleyoop success & adding in angles & etc will make it harder to complete as in real life. Thanks for pointing it out @Teebone & thanks for sharing your way to try to combat the issues @Ld2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
i've said this from day one....cheaters always prosper.....the only way to beat certain people is to literally have developers see their tactics, and take those tactics out the game. So long as 2 humans have access to a game, someone will find a flaw in the gameplay and use it as an advantage. As humans, its what we do. It even mirrors real life basketball. On offense you to try to exploit the defense. On defense, coaches like Chicago Bulls Coach Tom Thibideaux get the big bucks to come up with defensive SCHEMES to exploit the offense. Its in our nature to be competitive.

I agree there will always be cheaters but 2k could lessen their chances of cheese by tweaking players, gameplay, fatigue & etc. These things are the most used during exploiting. Ex: Lebron spin dunking insert lower possibility to finish with a dunk in traffic and etc. The more its done more fatigue and now it should be like 2k5 as you get more fatigue you move slower and you must be taken out the game or hurt your team chemistry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
#SimNation

Thats what I'm talking about SimNation & Online Nation!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »