Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #585
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Far and Away the best console football game I have ever played on the field...no question.

CFM Sim Stats are now fixed online and patch for offline is forth coming.

QB Edits have fixed the sack issues (read in the slider forums for those details) and I am confident it will be tuned via patch as well.

On All-Pro with adjusted sliders the game is pure dream for me.

Other than my slider thread I am going to stay away for a little while in the general forum. There are a bunch of us who are in virtual football heaven with Madden 15. A huge leap from PS3/360.

HUGE.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1 Pre-Season
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 09:21 PM   #586
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
after spending 2 days with my gamefly copy, i can say i will be returning to madden 25 not because its better but after the heavy edits and time spent getting it to play how i want my football, madden 15 doesn't play better.

i have seen the complaints and read alot if notable impressions and i agree with most of them, but i dont believe a patch can fix these issues. so no need to keep playing 15.

AI QB sacks- the coverage is too damn good for the user, while the pass rush is much improved, we asked for this and we got it, cpu gets crushed.

Zone coverage- too perfect especially deep, again cpu cant find anyone open takes short passes, we asked for this and got it....

so while games vs the AI gets old fast, these improvements are wonderful online where for the first time in 10 years i played more than 5 online games, but online sports gaming isn't my thing especially since i cant find a unranked lobby.

i think some edited rosters would make this game very special, madden fans need to accept that the game needs to be re-edited to reach its full potential.
Online is as good as I've seen in madden. I've played 3 randoms since none of my usual online friends have upgraded to ps4 yet. 2 of my 3 games were against the Seahawks of course, but I expected as much. The one hawks user was on his Mic talking trash, complaining when I kicked a fg and again when I punted on 4th and 5 from the 50. Telling me I needed to learn how to play and Madden wasn't like real football. Meanwhile he tried to run screens every other play and one defense. I beat him 31-7. So rewarding to win without resorting to madden ball for a change.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:58 PM   #587
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Just played a great game against the Cowboys on All-Pro. Finally got a decent CPU passing game that didn't seem like I was just getting completely screwed. Like I said before, seems like the CPU guys do exactly what they need to do and perfectly while my guys are clueless a lot of the time and do weird things even with coverage and reaction at 100. They get a lot of knockdowns and catch-strips and it seems like my guys never knockdown or are in position for that. The run game is a battle and I love it. For anybody having the CPU sack problem, if you lower the IG'ing to around 15, it does seem to help. It won't completely eliminate it, but they will get rid of the ball a lot quicker and won't hold for as many completely boneheaded sacks. Can't stop playing the game though. I love the sound. Playing with a surround sound headset and pumping up the crowd is awesome.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #588
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wonky physics, poor play calling and never feeling in control of my player pretty much sums it up for me...... How I miss NFL 2K, where you could control a defensive player and actually feel in control.

Madden 15 still has the slippery controls and pinball physics where you just bounce back and forth while running the ball.

I can't believe I bought this game and feel for the hype, truly disappointed......

Will be selling this game asap....

Pluses are graphics look nice and the game actually has a lot of menu systems and seems very deep, main problem for me though is I just don't like the gameplay at all. Just feels too loose, beyond disappointed......

Gamers coming from 2k don't even bother, one day hopeful 2K will be back on the field

Done Here
Old 08-30-2014, 10:14 PM   #589
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I've gotten a few more games under my belt and........ this is Madden. I can go an entire year of playing every game I own and enjoying my video game collection and just loving video games. Then Madden comes out and I want to try the new one and rent it and enjoy the first game every time because I haven't played a football game in nearly a year and it feels nice.

Then, when I keep playing it, the more I realize it is still Madden. The only video game in existence that can literally ruin my mood, yet I only want to play it more.

I will give credit that this year's Madden has better defensive statistics, but that doesn't necessarily mean better defensive gameplay. It seems EA's idea of better D was to make every single player break on a pass before it was out of the QB's hands at breakneck speeds so that by the time you threw a 3 yard pass you had the whole D and the practice squad all swatting the ball out of the air.

My experience is basically...
-10x better presentation. Seriously, good job EA. I love it. Get a good halftime show please. It's terrible. Everything else is good and I don't even think the commentary is bad.

-The players feel so much better when you are controlling them. Every player feels different in a good, more realistic way.

-Non-controlled players/ball carrier move in a much more unrealistic fashion. This is obviously due to TrueStep not affecting them and it really hurts the game. C'mon EA, don't let TrueStep be another one and done feature of no improvements.

-The defense is better and makes for a more fun game. I think this is a pro. However, it's not all great because the defense doesn't play actual defense with read and react tendencies. This is still EA football with psychic defenders. It's toned down and works in a more realistic way. It may even be the best defense Madden has ever had in a game, but it is also evidently clear it is not read and react and I just don't know how to feel about that. I don't care if it isn't read and react, just mask it to look like it so I can believe it is. Madden 15 does not do that.

-QB's are inaccurate.... if they are human controlled or you drop the slider down from the default 50 to 10 or less. Sure, it's nice to have inaccuracies and in Hum vs Hum games it is cool to see QB's be off target, but to get the AI to be inaccurate should not be a product of moving a slider down to almost the lowest value. That leaves no room to work with that slider and eliminates it from the game in a way.

I also dislike how the QB's miss in the game. I love they do miss, but it should make sense why. In real life a QB generally is missing because he is trying to either throw on the run and can't, or he is placing the ball somewhere his WR can get to it and no one else. However, in Madden 15, an inaccurate pass more or less has a 10 foot radius around a WR that the pass can go and it makes no sense why some passes are missed where they are. If I am throwing a slant route, the ball should not be thrown completely behind the trailing CB by 4 yards ever. In Madden it does. In real life that ball is always going to be lead too much, thrown too high, or thrown too low if it is a miss because that is where the QB will be aiming. This is the NFL, these guys don't just randomly miss targets by 10 yards. They miss because they are trying to be precise and are placing the ball in areas only their guys can get to and sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Madden likes to think that most interceptions should be on balls thrown 15 yards off when in reality most picks are from bad decisions, not bad accuracy.

-Line interactions looks so much nicer and I honestly have not found anything to complain about here. It's probably the best lineplay I have seen in a video game.

-Ratings seem to matter a lot more at every position and I like that. I hate how the worse players play like they lack a brain. I get it, some guys are smarter than others, but EA's way of showing this is by having the bad players literally look worse than any highschool freshman in the world mentally.

-Tackling is better and worse. I like that this isn't WWE anymore and tackles look realistic and make sense physically when they happen. I hate how Lamar Miller and RGIII and Desean Jackson are able to shrug off the Hawks and Orakpos of the league like it is nothing and they are actually named Adrian Peterson. I also have seen too many instances of where me and my CPU defenders are getting near ball carriers and then are stuck in place as he runs by and I think this is a product of the new tackling cone and the mechanic behind it. It seems like it is going to play an animation out, but doesn't and the player is left standing still before either diving in a direction that generally makes no sense or they are able to take off again. I am seeing guys I control do this, I am seeing the AI on my team and the other team do this fairly consistently. I think the game is making the AI attempt breakdown tackles at angles that it should never and that is the root of the problem.

So overall, I don't know with this Madden. Some parts are good, some aren't. I'm giving it more time, but I honestly can't say if I like it or not. Has it made strides to be more realistic? Definitely. Is that saying much with the state of this franchise lately? No. Does it at least excite me for the future with this team? Yes, and that is the most important part.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 08-30-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:20 PM   #590
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Nothing but frustrating in the last three games. I can't call f'ing plays on defense at times and it always seems to be when the other person is going for it on 4th down. This product is not complete. Whoever decided on this new play call screen

Wait for it ..............

Old 08-30-2014, 10:43 PM   #591
Pro

StankonYa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Then, when I keep playing it, the more I realize it is still Madden. The only video game in existence that can literally ruin my mood, yet I only want to play it more.
I feel the same way a-lot when it comes to Madden, but for the most part this year's game ... is the most I've enjoyed playing since Madden 12.

I just wish they left game face in and in game highlights and all the different camera angles within it for the ps4 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 11:04 PM   #592
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Far and Away the best console football game I have ever played on the field...no question.

CFM Sim Stats are now fixed online and patch for offline is forth coming.

QB Edits have fixed the sack issues (read in the slider forums for those details) and I am confident it will be tuned via patch as well.

On All-Pro with adjusted sliders the game is pure dream for me.

Other than my slider thread I am going to stay away for a little while in the general forum. There are a bunch of us who are in virtual football heaven with Madden 15. A huge leap from PS3/360.

HUGE.
Yep first time in a long time I actually can't wait to be off a few days to fire a Madden game up.
It's like you said.. it's football Heaven right now. Can't wait for out Online League to fire up.
Off the next 3 days after tonight and am looking forward to it.
I think I may do a CFM fantasy draft this year just because I've never really done one. We'll see..

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »