Home

NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #105
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8
I mean, that's what I thought the purpose of playing online was honestly.
Oh I don't know...how about people that just want to play for FUN and not to prove anything? pfft stick skills....really....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 0
NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Oh I don't know...how about people that just want to play for FUN and not to prove anything? pfft stick skills....really....

I guess I was wrong. I thought you went online to play a user and not the CPU lol. You could have FUN playing the CPU.

Nonetheless, if you find sitting on one person and then when the person you're guarding gets the ball you switch off, fun, then that's fine lol.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:07 PM   #107
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Sorry to say I only half sympathize with online lovers.

Play with friends and people you know. ... otherwise you're going to be complaining forever. .... and I could care less playing with someone telling me how I should be strategizing my own side.

It's not 2ks fault. They can fix as much as they want. If someone wants to cheat then they'll find s way. This goes for 2k call of duty or whatever. They'll find another exploit and it's a never ending cycle with online players.

People hated the 131 and now people are complaining about why they removed it and how it was a cop out.

Sometimes the Internet gets ridiculous. .. the line between reality and what's in the mind of 1000 random onliners is far apart
I play offline with my friends and still complain. Because some of the past gameplay awarded cheese play, period.

People are just wary that 1-3-1 was removed because they actually failed to plug the holes in the gameplay that made it overpowered-- but that's apparently not the case, and it was removed in addition to needed fixes. So the people who complained complained for the right reason. They just didn't have all the facts on hand.

Not plugging exploits is completely 2k's fault. And 2k seems to be acknowledging that. If people didn't have legitimate complaints and if 2k didn't address them, the game simply doesn't get better and more sim. Just because you can't fix everything at once forever or exploits can be found eventually doesn't mean you give up and accept NBA jam. Blaming misbehaving players has always been the biggest and most disingenuous of copouts-- they're the ones that tell you how far you are from your design goals. And I've always felt how a design truly plays is how it plays at its highest no-holds-barred level.

The game has simply gotten better with anti cheese changes addressing complaints, and I'm glad Mike, Da Czar, and OG are out to squelch that cheese and seem committed to the task long term. I'm glad they don't seem to be discounting complaints from sim guys who want a more realistic game, or shrugging their shoulders and saying "good enough" and "just play with your friends". It's how great things are made.

You simply cannot be serious about game design if you are more willing to blame your users and make excuses for your product than you are in finding faults and holes in your design.

Sorry, this topic just gets me fired up. I've seen a game's community so afraid of unwanted behavior and players that they squelched ideas for what would be popular modes that they feared would attract such players, rather than think about what was wrong with the game mechanics that encouraged such behavior and how improvements would spill over to their gameplay as well. Unrelated or not, the game series never progressed much beyond that and mostly died.

Last edited by Sundown; 08-28-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:17 PM   #108
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

Im strictly an offline player but with the changes to shooting and this, Im going to try out some online gameplay.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #109
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I play offline with my friends and still complain. Because some of the past gameplay awarded cheese play, period.

People are just wary that 1-3-1 was removed because they actually failed to plug the holes in the gameplay that made it overpowered-- but that's apparently not the case, and it was removed in addition to needed fixes. So the people who complained complained for the right reason. They just didn't have all the facts on hand.

Not plugging exploits is completely 2k's fault. And 2k seems to be acknowledging that. If people didn't have legitimate complaints and if 2k didn't address them, the game simply doesn't get better and more sim. Just because you can't fix everything at once forever or exploits can be found eventually doesn't mean you give up and accept NBA jam. Blaming misbehaving players has always been the biggest and most disingenuous of copouts-- they're the ones that tell you how far you are from your design goals. And I've always felt how a design truly plays is how it plays at its highest no-holds-barred level.

The game has simply gotten better with anti cheese changes addressing complaints, and I'm glad Mike, Da Czar, and OG are out to squelch that cheese and seem committed to the task long term. I'm glad they don't seem to be discounting complaints from sim guys who want a more realistic game, or shrugging their shoulders and saying "good enough" and "just play with your friends". It's how great things are made.

You simply cannot be serious about game design if you are more willing to blame your users and make excuses for your product than you are in finding faults and holes in your design.

Sorry, this topic just gets me fired up. I've seen a game's community so afraid of unwanted behavior and players that they squelched ideas for what would be popular modes that they feared would attract such players, rather than think about what was wrong with the game mechanics that encouraged such behavior and how improvements would spill over to their gameplay as well. Unrelated or not, the game series never progressed much beyond that and mostly died.
Well what I'm talking about is askng things to be fixed and when it is people were still complaining about it being gone and fixed.

Czar said it was fixed Scott said it was gone and it didn't matter anyway whether it is or not.

Chris Smoove came on here saying it'll be fixed when it's gone and that's exactly what happened along with advice from actual nba coaches. .... no matter what man some dudes just love to log on and complain like it's a cultural tradition
Old 08-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #110
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown

I don't think we're saying the same thing Sundown. I agree with you that exploits should be fixed.

I'll pm you later about what I mean
Old 08-28-2014, 12:40 PM   #111
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Well what I'm talking about is askng things to be fixed and when it is people were still complaining about it being gone and fixed.

Czar said it was fixed Scott said it was gone and it didn't matter anyway whether it is or not.

Chris Smoove came on here saying it'll be fixed when it's gone and that's exactly what happened along with advice from actual nba coaches. .... no matter what man some dudes just love to log on and complain like it's a cultural tradition
Again, I only see people complaining because they reasonably feared the root cause of overpowered 1-3-1 wasn't fixed (where it affects other aspects of gameplay) and it was removed as a stopgap measure.

I really haven't seen anyone complain just to complain, and the complaints seemed to come from the right mindset even if misinformed.

I had that same concern and I know OG's response set me at ease and I'm now even more excited about their dedication to NBA simulation from both a mechanic and playbook angle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #112
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

I'm usually one to object when anything is removed from the game, but really 1-3-1 is usually used just to cheese online. Last year with some zone killing plays being gone and other plays being broken it was more annoying to get around it. Hopefully we'll see some new plays that are specifically meant to play against 3-2 and 2-3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »