Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2014, 03:59 PM   #337
Rookie

OVR: 9
I like it so far. The gameplay is good. The game isn't perfect, no game is, especially since they only have a year of development time. However, if EA patches the Sim Stats and the Player Progression/Regression for the CFM, I'd be willing to claim Madden 15 as one of, if not the best Madden ever.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #338
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javo007
Is anyone else seeing tight spirals ever time? It seems like every pass I've thrown has been a perfect ball with ZERO wobble.

Let me know if I'm going crazy here.
That's part of the particular QB's attributes. I created a QB who doesn't throw tight spirals, and by gum, he doesn't.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #339
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Man, I'm having a blast with this game. Playing against Seahawks is no joke. However I was able to beat them with 49ers at all-pro. Yes they have great defense but they are not perfect or flawless. I actually completed a curl route againts Sherman. The trick is passing the ball as soon as your WR starts to turn around.But it doesn't work all the time and your WR should be a good player or else he drops or can't catch the ball. The second time I tried it Sherman picked me off lol.

What I really don't like is that guys play 2-3 games then start to complain instead of stepping up their games. i.e passing is too tough and/or CPU run stopping is overpowered etc.
I would understand if CPU players were sliding all over the place to stop you or your +90 rated OLs couldnt create holes for you to run.
IMO all-pro difficulty is realistic as it gets and I really hope the EA doesn't dumb down the CPU defense.

My only gripe in terms of gameplay is that pocket passers like Manning and Brady, freeze when they don't find open guys.Thus resulting in too many sacks. Simple solution like throwing the ball away would be enough imo.
I moved Intentional Grounding penalty all the way down to zero. Still no luck.
I don't want to increase the CPU pass blocking slider. Bc it would give artificial boost to low rated linemen.

Last edited by zizoux; 08-27-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:16 PM   #340
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
It is a bug and not intentional. It will be addressed in the first patch.
Hey Rex! Great job bro! My biggest pet peeve is how the overlays disappear before u can read them. Is this something that can get patched? You guys did a heck of a job but if we can't read them there's no point!!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #341
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Zip
the one thing i hate is that there are NO PENALTIES being called, its rediculous that there is no P.I. calls something has to be done about this or i will not be playing this too much longer. i know you can change it but not for online players H2H. smh other than that im pleased with the game i guess.

the way the game is being called in real life NFL there is no excuse for this. I played 6 online ranked games and had one P.I. called for 4 yards and one clipping penalty. ARE YOU SERIOUS MADDEN IN TODAYS NFL their is a flag thrown every 5-10 snaps on avg.

Was actually just going to post something on this.

I made all penalty sliders 70, played a full game. I had 6 penalties for 88 yards. 1 was clipping on the kickoff return, and the other 5 were face mask. The CPU had 9 for 101. 1 was a false start, 8 were facemask.

So facemask is too high at 70, everything else is going to be bumped to 80 to see where they are after another game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 04:24 PM   #342
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Overall an improved game and it's definitely a good effort from EA. I'll probably play it more than any other game this year. But, it's still good not great.

Couple things that really irritate me is not being able to skip first half of halftime show, not being able to skip the ref animation during penalties. They addressed the wait with skipping the coin flip and adding the chew clock feature on the play call screen. But during those solo challenges that you need to do in MUT to get precious coins the last thing I want to do is watch cut scenes. Don't get me wrong I like that they are there, but you should be able to speed it along if you want to in single player games.

The new playcalling screen is taking ALOT of getting use to. I hope they did this for improved efficiency (that I've yet to discover) and not just to jazz it up to look different. I've press the wrong play so many times!!! I'm sure it will grow on me but Why the change. If anything I would have made the old play calling screen more transparent so you could see the action on the field or a replay while calling your play etc.

Why won't Madden put the price you paid as well as accumulated stats on the MUT cards, without this info the cards just feel generic and not like they are "yours"...
Old 08-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #343
Banned

OVR: 0

Played my second game today. 15 minute quarter length with the accelerated play clock run down to 15 seconds. Difficulty set to All-Pro.

Played as the Patriots and lost 24-20 to the Steelers on a late TD. That's the second time I've lost via a TD with only a few seconds left - and I've only played 2 games. CPU offense is unstoppable late in the game when attempting a comeback.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:38 PM   #344
Banned

Markdoe's Arena

OVR: 0
Game looks better. A bit better atmosphere to it. Extremely upset about offline connected careers. Selecting all 32 teams takes about half an hour. As tedious as ever. For some reason when you select to play as two users, the game locks you out of supersim so you're forced to play the whole game from start to finish. For us offline sim player this is an extreme, time consuming hassle. There is no need to lock us out of supersim at anytime. I hope ea fixes this in the next update. Also controller select mode is indefinitely locked once you enter any game. Ea seems to like restricting our access to fit how they want us to play and not vise versa. Hopefully ea unlocks their menus and allows us sim players a little more freedom. But that's EA for you..
Interceptions are still too frequent. Penalties... as mentioned before are virtually non existent . Shame really.
In closing .. It's a shiny new game, but seriously geared towards an online crowd. Seems to me like sim players are overlooked once again. So if you consider yourself one, I'd stick to madden 25 on 360 or ps3.. At least there you get NCAA draft classes and more control in how you want to play your connected careers. I bought this game today and I'm already regretting it. Seems like a half finished product. I recommend it for casual gamers. But for you NFL sim guys, this one is definitely a skip.

6/10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »