Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #297
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

I had a really cool thing happen. New England had the ball on my 35 with 12 seconds left in the first half and no time outs. They decided to run another play, and their WR's ran some sideline deep out patterns. The only person open for them was someone right over the middle. Instead of throwing to him and likely running the clock out, Brady threw it away. They then kicked a FG. Pretty good CPU awareness there.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:17 AM   #298
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just had a cool thing happen. My Mlb was beat by the tight end but instead of just gettin beat he played the TE and soon as the ball hit the TE's hand he slapped it out. In recent years they would have just telepathically knock the ball down without seeing it.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #299
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm having fun with this game despite losing every game! Haha well put together game I just can't get past this brick wall I put up myself. Never been a top notch madden player but certainly better than this.

The CPU is having success against my defense 90 percent of the time. Either a first down or good yardage. On offense I can't get anything going either. I call my own plays, pick the plays they choose for me it doesn't matter it's not successful. Gotta figure something out, all pro.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #300
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3

LOVE this year's game. Best Madden I've played in years, but one big complaint I have is in CPU passing. Did they even play test this? And if they did (I assume they did btw) didn't someone say "Is the CPU completing 90+% of their passes for anyone else?" Not sure how that got past them. Once that get's fixed, this will be even better
Old 08-27-2014, 11:57 AM   #301
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

I like a lot of the defensive changes. More fun to play, and more realistic. And not too overpowered like I thought it was the last time they actually worked on defense in 05.

Passing game seems tougher, definitely seeing more missed throws.

Don't like how fast it plays, and I know you can change it, but I want to play online so it would be tough to play 2 different speeds.

Hate the new playcalling screen and it makes no sense to me that they changed it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 12:02 PM   #302
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0731
Are you playing on all pro or all madden?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm playing on All-Pro.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:03 PM   #303
Pro

IUxHOOSIERS's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Dunno what gm yall playing, but online play js cheesy as heck, QB'S throwing across shoulders on the run while being pursued.

QB's throwing while xcrambling backwards while being chased

Wrs making amazing catches in coverages of 2 or mkre defender's

People still running 1 play defenses, contain doesnt work, and putting everyone in the box makes safeties stronger than your olinemen. It also stops everything as everyone's first step of a block results in leopard speed pursuit angles while clipping thru other players and this is from the first step.

Why is sprinting still tied to defenders who not even aware where you're at on tbe field.
I'm sorry but this couldn't be more wrong. I think Online has been great so far. I've had a lot of lower scoring games than I've had on any previous Madden.

Contain has worked well for me, as well as "setting the edge." It was almost impossible to set the edge on M25 because everyone tried to bounce the run outside every time. Now setting the edge is important, as it is in real life. I've stopped the likes of Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson from getting out on the edges on numerous occasions. And I haven't done anything different from what I did on M25.

As for QBs throwing on the run, I've had Aaron Rodgers and and other QBs miss wide open receivers while throwing on the run. And even when they do make throws on the run, I mean these are NFL QBs we are talking about. They're pretty good.

It took me a while to get used to the game but the more I play it the more I love it
Old 08-27-2014, 12:08 PM   #304
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost33
LOVE this year's game. Best Madden I've played in years, but one big complaint I have is in CPU passing. Did they even play test this? And if they did (I assume they did btw) didn't someone say "Is the CPU completing 90+% of their passes for anyone else?" Not sure how that got past them. Once that get's fixed, this will be even better
I lowered the CPU QB Accuracy slider (and human slider) to 10, and now I'm getting much more realistic completion percentages. Even against a top tier quarterback like Andrew Luck, I can still hold him to a sub-65 completion percentage. This is on All-Pro. He still lights me up, but it's now in a realistic fashion. In one half against me, he was like 12 for 19 with 2 TDS and 1 INT.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 08-27-2014 at 03:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »