Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #129
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Ok , I've played 6 games so far, playing my 7th right now. I'm playing on All
Pro, slow speed, 8 min quarters, accel clock off. The first 6 games I played with the default all pro sliders and lost every game. NOTE- I play sim. This 7th game I did some slight tweaking and I'm leading the jets at arrowhead 9-3 in the second.

I love this game. On the field I feel it is excellent. It plays great and is very realistic and challenging.

My complaints are, the play challenge system is still a bit messed up, I've had one call that was clearly a ball that hit the ground, but when I threw the red flag they still gave the CPU the catch, even though the replay clearly showed the ball hitting the ground. Also a bit more time to select defensive plays would be nice. And the half time show is a joke, why even bother. The Extra Point half time show in Madden 10 was way better.

I give this game over all , based on fun, replay value, and on the field play a 8.5 out of 10. Gameplay wise they have finally put 2k5 to rest.

EDIT: just finished game 7 , Jets at Chiefs. Jets came back to take the lead 19-13 with 2:34 left in the game. I had the drive of my life , finishing off with Charles going for a 12 yard run, his longest of the game for a TD with just over a minute left. Came out on D and Houston stepped up, sack, batted down a pass, then Berry made the tackle on 4th down just inches from the 1st down marker. Chiefs win 20-19 . Wow , what a blast.

I'm still having a hard time running the ball. In this game Charles was 21 for 45 and Chris Johnson was 20 for 67. So user and CPU are pretty even, just need to be able to get the yards per carry up a bit for both.

Last edited by JMD; 08-26-2014 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #130
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
I have been a Madden ***** for the last few years, but in my limited time with the game they may have shut me up. Seriously, I was so hesitant to buy this game, but after about 10 minutes of actual play time, I have fallen in love. Madden is back!
Good to hear from a madden skeptic. I am currently debating going out and buying the game right now. Hearing a lot of positives but I want to hear more from those who are tough on madden rather than those that buy the gsme year after year.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #131
Rookie

krinkle's Arena

OVR: 0

How can I use the official roster update for connected franchise? Am I missing something? I've tried both options of importing roster and using default roster and both are the same (not the updated roster)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #132
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Good to hear from a madden skeptic. I am currently debating going out and buying the game right now. Hearing a lot of positives but I want to hear more from those who are tough on madden rather than those that buy the gsme year after year.
Hell, after reading the reviews I'm debating going to buy a PS4 and the game... I'm a PC gamer, but Madden 2008 can only do so much and to hear this game is trumping NFL 2k5 (gameplay wise), I'm excited as I've ever been.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:47 PM   #133
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Boys, we finally have a damn good football game again. From the presentation to the gameplay.. this is a great effort from the EA team and shows promise they are trying for a true simulation.. I am loving it.

I am trying a Colts (USER) vs Browns (CPU) game now on All-Pro with some slider adjustments and it is doing GREAT.

I have the QB ACC for USER set to 25 and CPU 25 and I have seen Hoyer throw some bad passes especially when pressured. Luck threw way behind and high to TE on a crossing route that looked beautiful regardless of it being very incomplete lol

Luck got injured and Hassleback is now in and he is dumping off short passes just fine as expected but on a deep post, he threw a ball really high but Hilton jumped up and snagged it. Beautiful game this year.

Here is the video if you have facebook - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...67598559254236

If you are on the fence, do yourself a favor and go get this.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:51 PM   #134
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6

Th game plays just fine on xbone, dont believe the hype. So far I am thoroughly enjoying Madden. I have tweaked a few sliders, mainly human and cpu QB accuracy and cpu pass blocking. The game looks a tad dark at night., Like some of the stadium lights went out. Especially in the end zones. But all in all I had a hard time putting the controller down. I think the development team really put some effort into this game. Does not look like the lazy efforts of past even though there are a few legacy issues that in time.....like next year....get addressed
Old 08-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #135
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
I restart M15 and yay, I can actually resume my game instead of starting it over. Nice, auto in-game saves.
Yup, very cool touch. I got kicked out of a XB1 game and lo and behold, booted it back up and it dropped me right back into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #136
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
Hell, after reading the reviews I'm debating going to buy a PS4 and the game... I'm a PC gamer, but Madden 2008 can only do so much and to hear this game is trumping NFL 2k5 (gameplay wise), I'm excited as I've ever been.
Yeah hearing that this game has finally outdone 2k5 on the field has me extremely interested. I am just being my typical madden skeptic self. I do hope defense is as fun as people are saying because defense was my favorite aspect of 2k5 and even all pro football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »