Home

NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #41
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Elminated

The charge cheese sucked in 2K14. Glad it's gone. Guys would try to draw them all over the court as a strategy, it was really silly. It was avoidable if you walked it up court and took your time, but even then you could get caught in the animation sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 10:48 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 0
At first glance I was about to jump for joy, but then I realized, its not just these two exploits, the game was filled with gameplay issues such as PASSING, cumbersome animation playouts that cause turnovers/backcourts/out of bouds, sliding, warping, spacing, cheap defensive ai, exc. But the biggest issue is this momentum crap being implemented into all these sports games. I want my skill to dictate the outcomes not cpu generated dicerolls. I want to know that if I execute proficiently while my opponent plays one on one while jacking up contested shots all game I am going to have a LARGE advantage. I frequently would be in back in forth battles in 14 even while getting a good shot nearly every possession while my opponent would be taking low percentage shots the majority of the time.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:20 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Elminated

I played a lot of competitive 2k14 and i would say i am fairly good. I have won about 95% of my games on 2k online or against my friends and after a while u start to see a pattern. First was 1-3-1. Literally everyone i played online or even my friends were running that cheese defense. Corner threes killed it but if you had no shooters or they were off someone who is a far lesser player that u can beat u. So i'm glad its gone. I switched back and forth between 1-3-1 n man. In 2K12-2k14 to be competitive u had to unfortunately run at least some 1-3-1 so i'm glad to say goodbye to it. Next would be how broken the charge was in 2k14. So hopefully they have fix the charge button too not just the charge cheese. Because sometimes i would actually take a charge, like stand there for 2 seconds, get hit, nothing happens it was crazy. You if u stand for at least 2 seconds and someone runs u over its a charge no matter where on the court and 2k14 missed some of those but instead gave charges to quick draws. LAST BUT NOT LEAST is the reaching. THIS HAS to be addressed. I rather have too much reach-in foul calls than none. It just disrupts people who actually run an offense like myself when someone is reaching 5 times and getting 1 reach-in call and maybe a steal on my all star point guard. Hope that wasn't too long, just wanted to give the perspective of someone who plays 99% of his games vs humans.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:05 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 0

I actually liked playing against the 1-3-1 because I would run plays with shooters in the corners, drive and kick.

The real problem was the unrealistic defensive recovery speed and reaction. Quick releases were a must.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:38 AM   #45
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

OVR: 16

What’s good SimNation?!

I apologize for not posting in here earlier. Anyway… let’s talk about the removal of the 1-3-1 cheddar! As many of you have posted in here, it’s not a defense that NBA teams play. This wasn’t even a hard decision, to be honest. We knew it had to be taken out. I’ve been fortunate enough to speak with over half of the coaches in the league and they have all communicated the same message, “Nobody in league plays a straight 1-3-1.” This includes Doc Rivers, who we spoke with last week. Let us understand that the 1-3-1 that was in 2k14 was the same scheme that you would see in college hoops. I could go on and on for why teams don’t use it.

I’m big into ranked matches; anyone who’s played online knows that whenever your opponent got in trouble, he would go right to that cheddar zone! There’s obviously other reasons why that zone was so effective, though we will break down those improvements later. I’m very pleased to see the responses thus far for removing it.

“X’s and O’s”
I think what may confuse some is when you see that initial 1-3-1 look as the PG is bringing up the ball. I’ve seen it in the NBA as well. This is just a “junk look” until the first pass. For example, a team like Dallas may show a 1-3-1 until the first pass, then they will drop into a 2-3/3-2 or a match up 2-3. You will hear Carlisle yell “13 to 23”…that’s all it means.

OG

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 01:47 AM   #46
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
What’s good SimNation?!

I apologize for not posting in here earlier. Anyway… let’s talk about the removal of the 1-3-1 cheddar! As many of you have posted in here, it’s not a defense that NBA teams play. This wasn’t even a hard decision, to be honest. We knew it had to be taken out. I’ve been fortunate enough to speak with over half of the coaches in the league and they have all communicated the same message, “Nobody in league plays a straight 1-3-1.” This includes Doc Rivers, who we spoke with last week. Let us understand that the 1-3-1 that was in 2k14 was the same scheme that you would see in college hoops. I could go on and on for why teams don’t use it.

I’m big into ranked matches; anyone who’s played online knows that whenever your opponent got in trouble, he would go right to that cheddar zone! There’s obviously other reasons why that zone was so effective, though we will break down those improvements later. I’m very pleased to see the responses thus far for removing it.

“X’s and O’s”
I think what may confuse some is when you see that initial 1-3-1 look as the PG is bringing up the ball. I’ve seen it in the NBA as well. This is just a “junk look” until the first pass. For example, a team like Dallas may show a 1-3-1 until the first pass, then they will drop into a 2-3/3-2 or a match up 2-3. You will hear Carlisle yell “13 to 23”…that’s all it means.

OG

Can't stress enough how happy I am to see it gone. I think it was just there all these years for the sake of having more options.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 08-26-2014, 01:47 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 6

I hope they don't eliminate charge completely. I mean sure it's an exploit but find a way to remedy the situation than getting rid of charge completely. That's an easy way out. It's like what they done with the long football passes. Instead of a logical way to fix the problem, 2K chose to have the man catch the ball and pretend to have him step out of bound almost every single time lol...c'mon man...that's like an easy way out. Try to confront the situation and solve it in a logical way. Also, please fix the reach-in-steal canimation that leave your defender unable to break. And why is the reach in steal button assign to the same for intentional foul? That is the most annoying thing ever. If you try to steal quickly by double tapping the steal button, you ended up fouling. I can't tell you how many times people done that unintentionally ...people that don't even play much of basketball game find that annoying as they couldn't figure out why his man did an intentional foul when all he want is to try to reach in to steal the ball. It is just illogical to use the same button for steal and intentional foul.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:13 AM   #48
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Depends on if you want to win or lose this year.
Spacing has to be present in order for the post game to be effective.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »