Home

CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

This is a discussion on CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 07:51 PM   #185
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

Maybe it's just me, but to accuse Tiburon of hiding something when they've live-streamed their game being played at least three times now (gameplay, presentation, and CFM broadcasts on Twitch) without any smoke-and-mirrors editing, post-production touch-ups, non-gameplay camera angles, or anything else doesn't make sense to me.

If anything, we've seen more of a Madden NFL game prior to release this year than any year previous in the history of the series. We've seen the game being played live, we know what it's going to entail.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to have a demo, I very much would. I want to play the game. It appears it's not in the cards, however.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #186
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4

Have you played the game? I have not. They say a picture is like a 1000 words...well, maybe in some cases but not a video game.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:22 PM   #187
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why would they put a demo out? So a bunch of constant bitchers could rip apart an early build and bash the hell out of EA like happens every year. I have been buying this game every year since Sega Genesis. There have been up years and down years, but not every year is the worst version like I constantly read people posting. There is a difference between constructive criticism and bashing.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:22 PM   #188
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Maybe it's just me, but to accuse Tiburon of hiding something when they've live-streamed their game being played at least three times now (gameplay, presentation, and CFM broadcasts on Twitch) without any smoke-and-mirrors editing, post-production touch-ups, non-gameplay camera angles, or anything else doesn't make sense to me.

If anything, we've seen more of a Madden NFL game prior to release this year than any year previous in the history of the series. We've seen the game being played live, we know what it's going to entail.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to have a demo, I very much would. I want to play the game. It appears it's not in the cards, however.
All I know is after seeing the CFM broadcast I'm ready for the 21st.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:25 PM   #189
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I just saw the update that an EA rep gave to polygon lol. They could have given us the demo from E3 or even Comic con.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #190
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I just saw the update that an EA rep gave to polygon lol. They could have given us the demo from E3 or even Comic con.
Not really, those types of builds typically arent ready for mass consumption and people are there ready to resolve any problems should there be crashes, freezing, etc.

Last edited by mestevo; 08-11-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #191
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan
Have you played the game? I have not. They say a picture is like a 1000 words...well, maybe in some cases but not a video game.
No, I have not played the game. However, Tiburon has gone well out of their way to educate gamers about exactly what they are buying this year.

I'm already buying the game, personally, so the lack of demo is a mild disappointment, but it's not something from which I'm going to try and draw any subliminal message.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #192
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
True. Producing a demo is serious and expensive business that the general gamer isn't aware of. In many cases, it can be akin to producing a separate game. That's why I wince when I hear people complain about Kickstarter projects and general indie games not having them. Just tells me the industry hasn't done much to educate gamers on how these things work.

That said, it seems like demos at the AAA level are getting lean this generation, and I don't like it one bit. Overall, it seems like EA/Tiburon is trimming the fat from their marketing and at the same time trying to avoid over-saturation. We'll see how that works sales-wise this year.
This is interesting timing. I am not sure the last time EA decided to not release a Madden demo. Might this mean that real effort went into the game. Lets see.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »