Home

CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

This is a discussion on CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 05:28 PM   #177
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hussell
My personal opinion is trolling now? You can't have opinions on OS?...

That's a just logical conclusion on my part. Why else would Sony try to save face and say $5 a month for a "Vault" of games is bad value for gamers?
You cant state things a fact. You didnt say "I think EA wasn't willing to give them a big enough slice of the pie."

Again be more clear in the future.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:29 PM   #178
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Yes there was Season Ticket and a Demo last year, but EA wised up this year and decided to just cash in.

And yes, a Full but Limited version of a game is effectively a DEMO.
It took them 3 years to wise up? Also your definition of a demo is wrong.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #179
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

It's actually FUN to get the demo a few weeks early. It's kinda been an unofficial aspect of the whole Madden release window hype experience: E3 videos, developer blogs, gameplay snippet vids, more developer blogs, then the demo, then full game footage released, then Madden Midnight launch and finally Madden Holiday. To me, the demo has always been right in the middle of all that.

But I can't say no demo means no purchase. I didn't like the Madden 13 demo too much with the "ragdoll" physics, but I still bought the game. Madden 25 demo (PS3) had disappearing players (which made into the retail version) and I still bought the game. And I never bought into this idea that the demo and retail were going to be noticeably different. Always seemed to the same to me.

Yet I still always buy the game because there is no substitute for playing full quarters and playing around in the menus, etc. So it's disappointing not to have a demo, but hopefully some full game videos are released by EA in the next week.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #180
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is incredibly stupid. Don't know if I'm getting it now or ea access for that matter.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #181
Rookie

Deezo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
It makes perfect business sense with EA JUST having heavily marketed their "EA Access Hub". Really not surprising as the lack of a demo will probably drive up sales a tick for their new season ticket/EA Access deal.

Doesn't matter to me. Im gonna buy the game either way because im a football junkie. Even more so this year because guys like me are really missing an NCAA football game. Usually NCAA would hold me over just fine until the Madden release. Probably gonna grab the early access too as I have a problem with patience. lol.
By far the hardest part about this years wait for Madden is not having NCAA. A title that is IMO much stronger than Madden when it comes to AI, Sliders and overall replayability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 07:07 PM   #182
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Yes there was Season Ticket and a Demo last year, but EA wised up this year and decided to just cash in.

And yes, a Full but Limited version of a game is effectively a DEMO.

In my opinion a demo is not what you described. The typical is typical 2 teams in a shortened game. That in no way represents a full but limited version. When you say full but limited I think more along the lines of a trial version, because in no way has EA every provided is a full but limited demo. Just my opinion.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #183
Banned

OVR: 24

So this cuts out the excuse of "relax guys, it's only a pre-Beta demo" if the game disappoints.... Lol
Old 08-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #184
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4

It kinda reminds me of movie companies that refuse to preview their movies with the movie critics.....one thing is a constant, all those movies suck. Question here is, what are they hiding? I think I'll wait for a bit before I lay out my cash.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »