Home

CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

This is a discussion on CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 03:45 PM   #137
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
TBH, if you ask me, things have been going downhill since M06. 09 was a good effort, and 10 was ok, but it started around M06 if you ask me. (The same time they acquired the license, hey look at that).
Opposite for me. I thought Madden 09 was trash and 10 was the first one I really enjoyed last gen. Hopefully they keep improving this generation at a more rapid pace. Disaapointed with no demo, but there will be more than enough evidence to support a buy or no buy in the next couple of weeks.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #138
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by monegames
pretty sure they created a demo for both E3 and gamescom right? pretty sure either of those would have passed for a pre release demo. no reason for them to not release a demo, except to put it(early access instead of demo) behind a paywall like EA Access.
Building a tightly controlled demo for a trade show is fundamentally different from building a demo for public consumption. Again drawing from my own experience: at the most basic level, there's no first-party approval process to get the demo app onto the PS Store / XBOX Live Marketplace / whatever digital distribution platforms EA wants to deploy to. On a more detailed level, temporary code can be authored to put a short-term solution into the game to mask a bigger problem, where that temporary code is enough to make the game work and not crash but not a viable long-term solution to the problem.

Last edited by Hooe; 08-11-2014 at 03:51 PM. Reason: I accidentally a word
Old 08-11-2014, 03:48 PM   #139
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
They might not benefit an annualized game like like Madden, where people already know what they're getting every year, but demos are definitely a huge interest driver for new or unfamiliar franchises, and for games that aren't using a yearly release cycle.

That is why Microsoft required every XBLA and XBLIG title on the Xbox 360 to include a trial version.

For a game like Madden that has been coming out every year for more than 25 years, a demo definitely doesn't make as much sense, and probably isn't worth the extra effort to produce.
There have been some games I bought specifically cause I enjoyed the demo. It can be a big boost for lesser known games/companies. But for Madden CFM is the most important thing to me and a demo is next to useless for that.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #140
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Building a tightly controlled demo for a trade show is fundamentally different from building a demo for public consumption. Again drawing from my own experience: at the most basic level, there's no first-party approval process to get the demo app onto the PS Store / XBOX Live Marketplace / whatever digital distribution platforms EA wants to deploy to. On a more detailed level, temporarily code can be authored to put a short-term solution into the game to mask a bigger problem, where that temporary code is enough to make the game work and not crash but not a viable long-term solution to the problem.
This really has nothing to do with Demo's but out of curiosity did you design games in the past or do some work on that level? Seems like you have a good technical knowledge of how it all works.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #141
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
This really has nothing to do with Demo's but out of curiosity did you design games in the past or do some work on that level? Seems like you have a good technical knowledge of how it all works.
I don't want to derail the thread too much, so I'll answer in brief - I'm a professional software developer for an independent video game studio in Richmond VA. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #142
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3

While I don't need a demo to help me decide if I am going to purchase Madden every year, it is something I look forward too. Especially when they are changing things like the presentation, and the player models. Plus it personally gives me something to play until it releases instead of playing 25.

I want to get a feel for the gameplay and see how I feel about the new additions to the game this year. Plus without a new Ncaa game this year I was kinda looking forward to playing Madden demo a couple weeks early.

And since Sony decided we PS4 owners didn't need to " Bow to the MAN" and pay EA to play games early. We kinda get the crap end of the stick unless we want to go out and fork over 400 or more to Microsoft, just to try out Madden 15 before release like other's have the opportunity to do.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:00 PM   #143
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

No demo almost means no purchase for me. I'll stick with The Show. I might read impressions a month after release when everyone is more liable to tell the truth unlike the first coupe weeks. I definitely am not planning on buying it now. If a demo had been released and was enjoyable, EA would've gained a sale potentially.

― Plato
Old 08-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #144
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

This from Polygon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon
While EA initially declined to comment on the reasons for the lack of a Madden 15 demo, an EA representative reached out to Polygon after the publication of this story with the following statement to provide some additional context: "The difficult decision not to do a demo for Madden was strictly a result of the team's commitment to deliver the highest-quality game possible. We chose to put 100 percent of our development resources toward the full game."
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »