Home

Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2014, 12:39 AM   #177
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks

I know fantasy rankings don't account for intangibles, I'm not even sure what intangible ratings Madden has. Because it's mostly a numbers game, I thought I would just post a list of the top 15 fantasy quarterbacks from last year (CBS). It's as good an indicator of production as anything. Obviously Aaron Rodgers was hurt and would have been near the top. I'm not saying this is how they should be ranked in Madden but it's a starting point.

Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Matthew Stafford
Philip Rivers
Andy Dalton
Cam Newton
Andrew Luck
Tony Romo
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Ryan
Russell Wilson
Tom Brady
Colin Kaepernick
Nick Foles
Alex Smith
Old 07-24-2014, 02:15 AM   #178
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
Wilson tied with Brady? get out ea... Wilson is the epitome of a game manager. He's a great leader, he's not an elite QB.He should be an 87 ovl
Funny thing is they said the same thing about Brady in his first few years. Awesome D, run the ball. Game manager.

Don't confuse what is asked of him because of the talent around him and what he is capable of.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:00 AM   #179
Rookie

HingleMcCringleberry's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm sorry but Wilson is no Brady... 2nd Year Brady on last year's Seahawks team could quite possibly have gone 18-1 or even 19-0.

I'd rank Wilson somewhere in the middle of the pack as far as starting QBs go. maybe in the 13-15 range. but ahead of Brady, Luck, Ben, Rivers, and others of that nature? not a chance.

And Brady should be top 3 at least.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:37 AM   #180
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HingleMcCringleberry
I'm sorry but Wilson is no Brady... 2nd Year Brady on last year's Seahawks team could quite possibly have gone 18-1 or even 19-0.

I'd rank Wilson somewhere in the middle of the pack as far as starting QBs go. maybe in the 13-15 range. but ahead of Brady, Luck, Ben, Rivers, and others of that nature? not a chance.

And Brady should be top 3 at least.
Eye roll... Brady didn't throw over 4K till his 5th season. Wasn't much higher yards wise, and Td's are very similar, Wilson has a better ratio. More importantly since Brady started being the focus they haven't won a Superbowl. Brady is awesome, but don't over look Wilson.

Just for the record I would rate Wilson a 91. I'd rank him around the 5-6 overall qb, trending up. I think he will be Tom Brady 2.0. I have no Issue with Peyton, Brady, Brees, Luck being over him. The rest is a toss up IMO.

Last edited by Bat; 07-24-2014 at 04:25 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #181
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
First off, having an effective running game will help any QB. Second, I would take a WR group of Balwin, Rice, and Harvin in a heartbeat over the ever so injured and inexperienced Patriots receivers of last year.
So how many games did Rice and Harvin play last year during regular season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 01:20 PM   #182
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
First off, having an effective running game will help any QB. Second, I would take a WR group of Balwin, Rice, and Harvin in a heartbeat over the ever so injured and inexperienced Patriots receivers of last year.
Rice barely played last year and Harvin only played in 1 regular season game. Golden Tate was Seattle's top WR last year which says a lot about the lack of receiving options Seattle had to work with. Wilson also didn't really have a receiving threat at tight end as Zach Miller is a blocker at this point of his career.

Brady is a better QB than Wilson yeah, but if Brady were on Seattle last year he would have been on IR after week 2. Seattle's offensive line was that bad and their receivers had a really hard time getting separation.

I think Wilson's rating is deserved. Wilson pulled a bunch of wins out of his *** by keeping plays alive with his legs. They played a lot of top 10 and even top 5 defenses last year and Wilson still managed to keep his rating above 100.

To the comment where he can't carry a team, that's a load of bull. He completed 75% of his passes and had over 300 yards passing against Carolina, had 230 yards and 3 TD's at Arizona, and in maybe the biggest regular season game of the year had over 300 yards and 3 TD's against New Orleans. All three of those teams were top 5 defenses last year (or right around there).
Old 07-24-2014, 01:49 PM   #183
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
I agree with this. It's kind of like the "Styles make fights" argument. Kaepernick and Wilson aren't better quarterbacks than Manning or Brady. However, against the Seahawks Kaepernick is better than Manning because of his athleticism and ability to match up physically to the Seahawks. Who was better? Manning in the Superbowl or Kaepernick in the NFC championship game vs the Seahawks? And no I'm not speaking of pure stats. I'm speaking of effectiveness, i.e. a tipped pass away from winning vs getting blown out.

Same can be said for Wilson. He was better against the Broncos in the Superbowl than Brady was vs the Broncos in the AFC championship game. Why? Because when Brady got pressured he was rendered pretty much helpless because he can't move. When Wilson got pressured vs the Broncos he escaped the pocket, bought a little extra time and converted several crucial 3rd downs.

I'm not sure if you can make those assessments based on how player A played agains a team versus how player B played against that same team. Every week is different. For example Romo had 506 yards and 5 TDs against that Denver D. That doesn't mean he's better than Brady. So much can change from game to game.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #184
Rookie

HingleMcCringleberry's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
Rice barely played last year and Harvin only played in 1 regular season game. Golden Tate was Seattle's top WR last year which says a lot about the lack of receiving options Seattle had to work with. Wilson also didn't really have a receiving threat at tight end as Zach Miller is a blocker at this point of his career.

Brady is a better QB than Wilson yeah, but if Brady were on Seattle last year he would have been on IR after week 2. Seattle's offensive line was that bad and their receivers had a really hard time getting separation.

I think Wilson's rating is deserved. Wilson pulled a bunch of wins out of his *** by keeping plays alive with his legs. They played a lot of top 10 and even top 5 defenses last year and Wilson still managed to keep his rating above 100.

To the comment where he can't carry a team, that's a load of bull. He completed 75% of his passes and had over 300 yards passing against Carolina, had 230 yards and 3 TD's at Arizona, and in maybe the biggest regular season game of the year had over 300 yards and 3 TD's against New Orleans. All three of those teams were top 5 defenses last year (or right around there).
The defense held Carolina to 7 pts, and held the high powered saints offense to 7 points. Oh and the Arizona game the score was 31-13 by the 4th Q. To me that sounds like the team carries itself. Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Romo, Brees, to name a few, have consistently carried depleted teams into the playoffs throughout their careers. Wilson hasn't had to... yet.

I need to see what Wilson does without a top 3 ALL TIME defense before I can make the claim that he is elite. I'm not saying he can't, I'm just saying he hasn't needed to yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »