Home

Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #145
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
I agree with this. It's kind of like the "Styles make fights" argument. Kaepernick and Wilson aren't better quarterbacks than Manning or Brady. However, against the Seahawks Kaepernick is better than Manning because of his athleticism and ability to match up physically to the Seahawks. Who was better? Manning in the Superbowl or Kaepernick in the NFC championship game vs the Seahawks? And no I'm not speaking of pure stats. I'm speaking of effectiveness, i.e. a tipped pass away from winning vs getting blown out.

Same can be said for Wilson. He was better against the Broncos in the Superbowl than Brady was vs the Broncos in the AFC championship game. Why? Because when Brady got pressured he was rendered pretty much helpless because he can't move. When Wilson got pressured vs the Broncos he escaped the pocket, bought a little extra time and converted several crucial 3rd downs.
One thing you all are missing is which QB's were still in there rookie contract. To really know how good the QB is, you have to wait for the QB to eat up much more of the salary cap where that extra money can't go into team depth. That's when you find the true value of the QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #146
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
You would need to factor in, somehow, the number of drive killing drops that reduce the # of offensive plays for your team. That would add completions, TD's etc.
Perhaps, but as a whole, you're talking about less than 1 per game more compared to league average. Without the precise context of every drop, it's impossible to say. You'd also have to then do the same thing for every other QB, and I'd imagine all numbers would rise a little bit. He may wind up in the same place, roughly.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:17 AM   #147
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
hahaha. Sloppy with the ball? You clearly don't watch NFL. He's thrown for 5000+ yards 3 years in a row. 39 TDs last season and only 12 interceptions. He doesn't have an argument to put Wilson with any of the 3. Rodgers was the one with just 17 touchdowns last year.
You should double Rogers TD's. He was out half the season.

Last edited by bucky60; 07-23-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #148
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Perhaps, but as a whole, you're talking about less than 1 per game more compared to league average. Without the precise context of every drop, it's impossible to say. You'd also have to then do the same thing for every other QB, and I'd imagine all numbers would rise a little bit. He may wind up in the same place, roughly.
I think a team that has a lot of drops wouldn't roughly end up the same as a team with few drops. 1 per game more? What, completions? TD? I think it would come out to more than 1 completion.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:47 AM   #149
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I think a team that has a lot of drops wouldn't roughly end up the same as a team with few drops. 1 per game more? What, completions? TD? I think it would come out to more than 1 completion.
They had 13 more drops over a 16 game season than the league average. It's less than 1 per game.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #150
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Remember Guys speed inflates the qb's OVR.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:18 PM   #151
MVP

OVR: 1

Lots of dismay shot Wilson's way--hey, that rhymes!

Well, which elite QB had a worse receiver core? which elite QB had a worse offensive line? The Seahawks offensive line is much better at run blocking than pass blocking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #152
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
One thing you all are missing is which QB's were still in there rookie contract. To really know how good the QB is, you have to wait for the QB to eat up much more of the salary cap where that extra money can't go into team depth. That's when you find the true value of the QB.
I agree that teams with good young quarterbacks on rookie contracts allow them to potentially field more talent around them.

However, Manning eats up a lot of cap space but according to CBS sports top 100 players in the NFL, the Broncos have the most players in the top 100 (Manning, Clady, Vasquez, D. Thomas, V. Miller, D. Ware, Talib, Ward). So, it is possible to field a strong team even if your quarterback has a big cap number.

My premise is this. The extra athleticism that Wilson, Kap, Luck, Rodgers, Cam have helps them against elite defenses. So, against most teams Brady and Manning will produce better numbers than a lot of these guys but, I may take those other guys vs the elite defenses.

Again, the examples I used were Brady vs the Broncos in the AFC championship and Wilson vs those same Broncos in the Superbowl. Wilson converted more 1st downs. Kept drives alive. And I'm sorry but Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate aren't any better than Edelman and Amendola. The extra time Wilson afforded them vs what Brady could provide was really the diffference. Neither the Hawks or Pats could generate a running game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »