Home

A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2014, 01:33 AM   #57
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
The problem started in Madden 13 to be exact. It's all tied to problems with Infinity. Remember in 13 the players would usually just get up and fall over each other. I guess the paralysis is a band-aid.
Wow, you're right, it was Madden 13.

I mean, I'm happy it's been toned done in Madden 15 but I can't believe it's still in there.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:36 AM   #58
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
The new presentation is a start. I love the videos next to QB run out. Just hope they keep adding to presentation.
It should only keep getting better with Brian Murray there. He's the former senior cinematographer for NFL Films and he's the director of Presentation now. This is his first year and it already puts Madden's presentation far beyond anything Madden has ever done.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:40 AM   #59
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
They're not going to redo animations now. The best window for that was coming into this gen. They made a decision not to do that, so we're stuck with this for the rest of the generation, give or take some animations. Even knowing that, it's infuriating watching animations from Madden 06, bad animations at that.

There are even post-play animations from Madden 08 and 09. They tell us about all of this new stuff with post-play, but all they're doing is changing camera angles in these scenes while using old animation sequences from old Maddens. Last generation Maddens. And speaking of angles, what's with all of these far-off shots during post-play here? It just ruins the very concept they're promoting. Did they forget what they did with Madden 12? Look at these correct angles in Madden 12:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a58Hw-4x6as

How do you go from that to what's in Madden 15? What the heck?

These tackles in M15 are so bad, man. Why is everything a spin-down or a pull-down? And why are they having pro QB's drop the ball below their waists like that when they set? Those are 1930's era fundamentals that have been obsolete for generations. They even do it when they scramble in the pocket, smh. And when the QB's are mobile in the pocket their upper bodies are so overly stiff and static while their feet are dancing a jig, moving around the pocket like there is a rocket pack strapped to their back. You can still drop back super fast and unrealistically far with little or no consequence.

The graphics are so good, it's a shame they're being cheapened by all of this.
Signature animations as well as things like WR/DB interactions are already being worked on for future Madden titles, as new animations are created the old ones will slowly fade away, Rex and Cam have animation replacement on their priority list too. He mentioned these things in his podcast this and last year. If the game doesn't meet your expectations until these things aren't in there, don't buy it until the game has what you want to feel satisfied.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-12-2014 at 01:42 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:02 AM   #60
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
A couple more things. I seriously wonder if Phil Simms has an issue with the way his likeness would look talking because they literally cut away right as he is about to start talking. I think there was one or maybe two intros last year where they showed him talking. Anyways, not important. Just an observation I always have noticed.

I've seen a lot of people mentioning what would happen in the QB intro for Russell Wilson or Kaepernick if they were to get traded or end up on another team. My guess is that they would just remove the part where they're showing the NFL Films stuff. What I'm curious about is how a guy like Johnny Manziel or Blake Bortles or any of the rookies will be handled seeing as how there is no NFL footage of them and will continue to be none until after the game comes out. Again, my guess would be that there would just be nothing there but who knows.
This is in my video thread but here's a direct feed video, easily can hear all the audio from the game
http://youtu.be/ADT9T60Hzsw
Old 06-12-2014, 02:24 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 0

Honestly can't do much with this video because of the difficulty they're playing on. Would be much better if I could see a game with All Pro to All Madden difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 02:37 AM   #62
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Game is looking alright, overall. There are gameplay faults that everyone has mentioned, but it keeps improving at least. I do still long for true gang tackling and pileups the most of anything that is missing to me. DB/WR interaction is next. And special teams needs a total revamp!

I am digging the looks and graphics of the game. I do wish that they would make the play call screen have stats from the game for both team and individuals. They had it nearly perfect on the PS2 with the early Maddens and NCAA games.

I personally don't have a need to be told what plays to call or when, as I am sure most of the people in the OS community wouldn't either. Nice to have it as an option for the newer players, but I need more immersion. Show me stats, out of town scores, and other vital info. Not what percentage of the plays the rest of the online cheesing community is running.

Last edited by bigwill33; 06-12-2014 at 02:43 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:48 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 0

Why are all players wearing high socks on the sidelines?
Old 06-12-2014, 03:21 AM   #64
Rookie

Lilgoosy's Arena

OVR: 2
well we can say everything we want, but this game looks damn good.

don't get me wrong, i know Madden flaws and i know that until we don't play the demo at least we can't say anything accurate but, let me tell you, i am becoming the chief of my own hype train and i feel like after years of "meh" games, we are finally getting something good to play and worth watching.

every sports game has his flaws, nba 2k does, the show does, but Madden is entering in a new level of "having flaws", flaws that are more tolerated because the overall look of the game is beginning to look amazing to me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »