Home

Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #9
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
Until the ps4/one have a larger market share than the ps3/360 they won't abandon the current Gen consoles as they be costing themselves a lot of sales.
Definitely. I don't blame them.

I will say that I think getting the most out of the current gen version should be a priority over making sure that previous gen users have parity.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 06-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm interested in the halftime show, but I also accept that I'll probably be mashing X to skip it after a few games & never see it again after that. That's depressing.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #11
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

I was hoping for more details on offline CFM. I'm wondering if they put CPU vs. CPU back in the CFM mode or neglected it again.

I'd also like to know what features will be in and out of the 360/PS4 versions other than the advanced graphics and playing animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
I'm a tad concerned that they're working on beefing up coverage AI and pass rush AI. There are already more than enough interceptions and sacks as is, hopefully it won't be even easier to rack them up with M15.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:29 PM   #13
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Does anyone else find this sentence very strange?

RD: For the first year of the new pre-game and halftime shows, it is about the game you are playing, but we’re definitely looking at ways to expand it in the future. The halftime show is a huge breakthrough for the Madden NFL franchise and something we’re very excited to give to fans.

So wait are we to be told that in Madden 10 a post game/half time show didn't exist? Also I remember Madden 10's post game/half time covering other games as well. Yet in Madden 14, we get a half time show/post game shows that only talk about our games when they discussed other games prior in the Madden 10 post game/half time shows.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #14
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

yeah, so hard to judge. Everything 'sounds' great. They obviously worked 'hard' on defense, and he makes mentions of some important legacy issues like QB accuracy and WR/DB interactions. I like the defensive camera thing and this will be cool to see implemented, if done correctly. And, as much as I want to refrain from mentioning 2k5, it's tough. 2k5 implemented an in player cam that worked similarly to this defensive camera, and they had a fully working halftime show. All done on the Xbox, not Xbox 360, the original Xbox. So, it's just always tough to be fired up about things that were available what, 10 years ago? On an inferior platform? But, overall, I am legitimately looking forward to playing Madden 15. I'm happy about what is said in this interview, and I enjoyed the E3 vid stuff about Madden. Although, nothing is good to go until you see someone actually playing the game to see if these things have been implemented correctly, so that remains to be seen. I am looking forward to playing it, though.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #15
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Things I liked:

Quote:
Due to the impact of the overhauled coverage AI, you will see defenders in much better position to make plays on balls. This includes jostling for position and aggressively moving towards the catch point.
Quote:
We tweaked our system to make it so not every single throw is either perfectly on the numbers or way out of bounds, there’s more nuance and passes that are slightly offline, but potentially catchable. This has a huge impact on the game both functionally and aesthetically.
Quote:
There is now a very short delay where the QB physically calls the audible before the user can input another one. This eliminates the problem of offenses putting in multiple rapid fire pre-play adjustments before the defense has the time to respond.
Quote:
All new kick meter and kick arc graphics. Ratings matter now, not every kicker can kick a 50 yard field goal anymore. Wind matters now.
That last one, I have to admit, I love. I really hope it is a challenge and not at all on the right stick. I've been wanting a new kick meter forever. Hopefully they messed a bit with punts as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #16
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Other than the defensive improvements I'm most excited about this

RD: For years, Madden fans have asked to see a greater separation in QB play due to accuracy. Pass accuracy plays a huge role in the NFL and now it will in the game as well. We tweaked our system to make it so not every single throw is either perfectly on the numbers or way out of bounds, there’s more nuance and passes that are slightly offline, but potentially catchable. This has a huge impact on the game both functionally and aesthetically. This system also creates noticeable separation between the QBs. You can forget about the days of subbing in the fastest QB regardless of accuracy because accuracy definitely matters now. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady now feel elite (the AI versions will really tear you up this year) while lower rated QBs can really struggle at times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »