Home

Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 15
Any news on locomotion and if all 22 players are now applying the same locomotion system as the ball carrier?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
yeah, so hard to judge. Everything 'sounds' great. They obviously worked 'hard' on defense, and he makes mentions of some important legacy issues like QB accuracy and WR/DB interactions. I like the defensive camera thing and this will be cool to see implemented, if done correctly. And, as much as I want to refrain from mentioning 2k5, it's tough. 2k5 implemented an in player cam that worked similarly to this defensive camera, and they had a fully working halftime show. All done on the Xbox, not Xbox 360, the original Xbox. So, it's just always tough to be fired up about things that were available what, 10 years ago? On an inferior platform? But, overall, I am legitimately looking forward to playing Madden 15. I'm happy about what is said in this interview, and I enjoyed the E3 vid stuff about Madden. Although, nothing is good to go until you see someone actually playing the game to see if these things have been implemented correctly, so that remains to be seen. I am looking forward to playing it, though.
I really hope so
Old 06-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #43
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
When I read things like 'Wind matters now' it kinda makes my eye twitch a little bit.

I will get this game pre-owned.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:29 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0
Playing the wait and see w madden.. Hopefully 2k shows a game
Old 06-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #45
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson

I probably could just copy and paste what I'm about to say in every thread popping up about Madden 15.

The improvements sound great and are much needed, hopefully the execution is done well, along with being balanced well by the last patch.

That said, I just wonder at what point Madden will finally be a reasonably complete football game. What I mean is for every improvement I read about and I'm so happy to finally see added, I can't help but think about the things that are still missing, that have been in past football games, including past Maddens, on inferior hardware. I won't even bother using some poor analogy or posting some long list because I'm sure anyone that's been around awhile understands what I mean. I really would just like to enjoy Madden and get my football fix but those missing elements consistently destroy my immersion, making it harder for me to overlook even the understandable flaws.

To end this post on a positive note, hopefully the new upgraded broadcast presentation elements help me forget I'm playing a video game. I strongly believe realistically done broadcast presentation can help distract from some video game shortcomings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 28

I will say this, Rex Dickson is certainly not a bad guy to have in the position he's in.

Listen to his interview, some of the things he says are music to the ears of simulation community players. His exact words were along the line of, "Our goal is 100% authenticity and simulation". That nips in the bud any controversy around whether or not Madden is marketed as a simulation game. The lead gameplay designer says it is. One thing he also says that is nice to hear is that the controversial review by IGN saying that madden 25 was too realistic for its own good was the best compliment they could have ever gotten. He also states that he's hard to please and that even when they release the game, he is never generally happy with it. I respect this type of mentality greatly and it was certainly not there in years past.

Yeah... Rex Dickson has the attitude I want for the people working on this game.
I just hope the engineers writing the code are the same way.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #47
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

The biggest thing for me is that most of the features will be on current gen and not just next gen.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #48
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I will say this, Rex Dickson is certainly not a bad guy to have in the position he's in.

Listen to his interview, some of the things he says are music to the ears of simulation community players. His exact words were along the line of, "Our goal is 100% authenticity and simulation". That nips in the bud any controversy around whether or not Madden is marketed as a simulation game. The lead gameplay designer says it is. One thing he also says that is nice to hear is that the controversial review by IGN saying that madden 25 was too realistic for its own good was the best compliment they could have ever gotten. He also states that he's hard to please and that even when they release the game, he is never generally happy with it. I respect this type of mentality greatly and it was certainly not there in years past.

Yeah... Rex Dickson has the attitude I want for the people working on this game.
I just hope the engineers writing the code are the same way.
Completely agree with this. I've never questioned his plan. My biggest worry is whether or not they will be able to keep the same dev team with a common vision in place long enough to complete their vision. I like the direction they're going, let's just keep them in place.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »