Home

NBA 2K: Should Zone Defense Be Removed?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K: Should Zone Defense Be Removed? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-30-2014, 09:08 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K: Should Zone Defense Be Removed?

its sad to see online people abuse it, cause it just shows us that they dont know what theyre doing, lol, we all know how to break zone easy and get a open jumper why do everyone keep doing it. Yes they should take it out playing man to man will make everyone a better player if zone are not in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 10:36 PM   #26
Banned

Even after toning them down from 2K13 the zones are still overpowered.

But you can mostly beat them if you run a Horns play in your playbook. My personal favorite is the Horns DBL from the Lakers playbook.

I was playing some clown who used it yesterday. Every trip down the court I ran the play and killed him from three. Had him scrambling from corner to corner trying to defend it.

Ironically though he never left the zone! His "adjustment" was to start throwing double teams at me as soon as I crossed the court and played the passing lanes.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:04 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2
Yes, zone defense should be removed from NBA 2k.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3
1-3-1 zone in 2k wins by clogging the paint and reacting phonomenly to cross court passes with deflections or blocking corner shots. Also it prevents offensive boards by clogging the paint and prevents most down low or in the paint shots. In real life, downsides of the 1-3-1 are offensive rebounds, corner threes, and most of all big men down low due to the 1 defender. So in 2k things work exactly the opposite of real life.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #29
Just started!

Me personally I hate using zone defense, I only use it when I have too, But it's the only defense against 2k's constant offensive exploits. Only chance of stopping the top 40 players rated 85 or higher from just blatantly driving to the rack from the foul line dunking over my center. I'm a nuggets fan so I mainly use denver, so I have guys like Kd,Bron,Iggy, Rudy Gay, Westbrook etc. begin their 2-step drive and just dunk over Javale Mcgee and Mozgov 7/10% of the time -__-. Or the continual crossover back and forth until I eventually make I make a mistake or 2k's stupid tripping animation occurs and you get an easy shot(most likely a 3). Until they can fix those issues and a few others the zone in nba 2k has to stay no matter what.

Honestly I think Sports games should have a 2 year development cycle with 4 title updates with minor updates during the 2 years. Paying $60 for games with a few minimal improvements every year is really starting to suck.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #30
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Removing zone isn't fixing the underlying issues of why its so strong. Fixing things like the slow passing, passing trajectories, passing animations and defender's hustle, defender's reaction time and defender's awareness should be looked into.

Removing zone - a very realistic scheme THAT EVERY team runs - is like putting a band aid on a gunshot wound.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:02 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 10

For 2k to remove zone defense and FORCE everyone to play man to man, they'd have to fine tune the hell out of it to where we actually have a chance of staying in front of the other player
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by iki319
Dont know if im the only one who noticed but why are the all star jerseys sleeveless in the main photo?
I believe it's because that screenshot was taken while the 2K servers were down, so I was stuck using the default on-disk roster. You can see further evidence of that by the fact that Gortat is still on the Suns.

I don't think you can use any of the new jerseys without downloading 2K's roster update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »