Home

NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40% within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-22-2014, 12:47 AM   #65
Rookie

Coolade's Arena

OVR: 0
I never would have though back in October I'd be looking forward to NBA Live 15 of all things. 2k managed to lose a fan on their first next gen offering. I won't be buying 2k15. And if that means I don't get to play any basketball game this year or the next then so be it. It wont stop the game from selling well. It just has to be a personal choice to give up on basketball games for the foreseeable future. EA UFC, MLB the Show, and Fifa will have to fill that sports void. Not much else you can do. Wouldn't be surprised if in NBA2k15 after you pay $60 for the game, they gonna make you pay 1000vc everytime to save your game data to their servers, just watch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2014, 12:54 AM   #66
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Hey man, if I may ask respectfully, what was your breaking point this year? I cannot recall for certain, but you initially liked 2K14, yes?
i liked it until i got bored with it haven't touched in a few months then i come on in here and read this ..2k can just enjoy less sales next yr
Old 03-22-2014, 12:58 AM   #67
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncutMoneybags
I have been saying this from the beginning 2k has the worst development team in the entire ****ing world. Instead of fixing the game breaking glitches like constantly getting dashboarded or servers not working they decide to patch domination glitches that actually let you get 1 myteam pack a game which actually makes sense. It also seems like I am in the ****ing depression because my vc is worth absolutely nothing. I have spent like over $80 and I have almost nothing to show for it because you don't get anything. For $80 I should be able to have a 99 overall player and the entire myteam collections but instead you get constant duplicates and pennies on the dollar for selling them back in. Honestly I like 2k but I swear on everything if they keep ****ing patching these glitches that people like me do because they don't want to spend money and actually want to make a decent amount of vc in a reasonably amount of time and they don't patch the ****ing glitches that actually hurt gameplay I am just going to quit 2k.
These are the kind of comments I have a problem with. 2K has very far from the worst development team in the world. VC isn't a development team issue. Sadly, they put themselves in position for this kind of crap to be said about them.

If they're going to continue to be completely silent on this issue, then they better damn well ship a game in October (or November or whatever the schedule will be now for next gen) that is free of the DRM and VC issues that they've infested this title with because they are doing serious damage to their brand. They worked all these years to climb to the top and make 2K Sports a name synonymous with quality and excellence in the sporting game arena and they're flushing it down the ****ing toilet in one damn year. Everybody thinks they're untouchable until they get punched in the mouth and 2K's punch is coming if they don't get their priorities straight.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:23 AM   #68
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

I really want to hear Leftos thoughts on this. Surely they couldn't have implemented this change without some input from him, right?
Old 03-22-2014, 02:40 AM   #69
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
I really want to hear Leftos thoughts on this. Surely they couldn't have implemented this change without some input from him, right?
Leftos, Wang and and the rest of the core game developpers have probably nothing to do with that kind of decisions. They're the only reason this game is still great gameplay wise.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:59 AM   #70
Pro

The sad thing about this is there are 2K devs reading this thread and saying/doing nothing.

I know the few that frequent OS probably aren't the ones making the big decisions. But, "our" voice collectively being against VC should mean something since we're the ones feeding their basketball monopoly. And whether our opinions are relayed to the decision makers or not remains to be seen.

They've taken the fun out of basketball and are almost turning the game into a managerial system.

All I want to do is have the ability to play Association, Create-A-Player, etc. like I used to do.

I used to strongly support 2K. But now, I dunno. All of these issues point at them turning into their competitors.

At the end of the day, 2K is reading complaints, making these monopolizing decisions, and doing this in our faces (ie. reducing VC earnings, KNOWING how hard it is to attain VC):

Last edited by SouthBeach; 03-22-2014 at 03:02 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:31 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Man I've been having a ridiculous amount of fun with this game...especially lately...but jeez man, if sucks to hear stuff Like this....who is making these decisions?
What game modes do you play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #72
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

It's funny that all of a sudden, a thing we expect from EA Sports is done by 2K*. It's no surprise to be honest. The game is popular, the opposition isn't there and the best way to make people buy the VC is to make it neart to impossible to improve while just playing the game.

As for the 2K devs on the forum, I mean, let's be honest a bit. If I was one of them, I wouldn't say a thing even if I'm against the way to do the thing. They have a job and you don't lose it for decision you don't have a say on.

For the 4 pages of people not happy in here, there's still a bunch of people buying VC, so we can talk all we want about that, it's like trying to kill someone with a Nerf sword. We'll get tired before the guy in front is dead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »