Home

NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40% within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

This is the worst time to do this because live is back and now more people will consider buying that instead and just hopping live improves graphics and gameplay. I know I will.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 0

With more next-gen releases coming out there is no way they can continue to milk consumers more and more every year. I'm even willing to bet they won't make this much on VC again because they had basically no competition on launch and we were all pretty much caught off-guard by how they integrated VC.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:58 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by @marcusjiles
I dont really have a problem with this. It's business. Shady business, but good business for them because they are boxing you into buying VC. I dont play MyTeam, I dont have time to play the game relentlessly to earn massive amounts of VC all to be lost increasing my MyPlayer speed from 82 to 85 lol. But, if you bought next-gen 2K14, you bought a next-gen system -- meaning you're not broke. So you'll throw 10 bucks, 15 bucks here or there for VC. You'll threaten to not buy the game.. HA! especially with NBA Live 14 as bad as it is, and as mediocre as Live 15 will probably be, you'll buy. ONLY thing I have an issue with is the ignoring of ALL those issues that 2K seems dead-set on not even addressing via twitter. It seems they'll plug this MyTeam BS till the Finals which then will be the time to introduce 2K15.

I think the thought process is; "If we dont answer anything, they'll stop asking" which generally speaking is probably right, but nonetheless annoying. Bottomline is; they're forcing you to buy VC or play the game for hours everyday. Sour, but... oh well.
I respect your stance on the manner. For me personally, a next generation system would be a huge purchase. On the heels of such a pickup, I wouldn't be able to afford to throw out random cash for additional virtual currency.

In terms of threatening not to buy the game, I'd venture to say a lot of these threats are not going to be hollow. For starters, after a decade of opening day 2K purchases, I skipped on current gen and next gen 2K this year. People can and will find other interests. Even as an NBA diehard, I didn't miss 2K as much as I thought I would. It actually gave me a little more free time than normal.

I'd love for 2K to get things back in line, but I'm not sure I'm ready to say they're immune to revolt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #52
Rookie

dal_hawk's Arena

OVR: 13
Screw it. Either I'll get Live or get no basketball. This greed is utterly disgusting. If you want these micro-transactions, don't charge for the game. If you charge 60 dollars up front, throw everything else out.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #53
Rookie

dal_hawk's Arena

OVR: 13
lets get #2kgreed trending
Old 03-21-2014, 09:40 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 7

It's just amazing how badly they screwed this crap up. Before this year I put the 2k devs in the same category with the Show devs, now they might as well work for EA. Just amazing how greed has become their focus with just this one game, what a disaster.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #55
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Well if NBA live comes out next yr and sucks no NBA game for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Well I was unsure before, but now I am almost certain that they will continue with this virtual currency path that they seem to be on. I was hoping that they would abandon the pay to play approach after the negative feedback.

I am done with NBA 2k for the foreseeable future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »