Home

NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40% within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-21-2014, 10:22 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Well if NBA live comes out next yr and sucks no NBA game for me
Hey man, if I may ask respectfully, what was your breaking point this year? I cannot recall for certain, but you initially liked 2K14, yes?
Old 03-21-2014, 10:50 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
UPDATE: I have traded 2K in and used the money towards Live.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

Let me know how that goes for you. I was actually thinking about trying Live myself. I might wait till Live 15 tho because this one doesn't look too great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2014, 11:15 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
WTF? If anything they should be giving us MORE VC payout, not less!!

Seriously, W. T. F.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:23 PM   #60
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

This is coming from a long time supporter of NBA/NFL 2k

quite frankly I wont buy another game from them until this stuff is curtailed and the options and features we had last gen return.

Also I hope the OS Media guys who do the interviews with them dont chicken out and get them on record about the business model they're trying to force onto people

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 03-22-2014 at 06:33 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:32 PM   #61
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
If this game didn't have the best gameplay I've ever played in a basketball game, I'd be trading it in and getting current-gen 2k14.

So many restrictions in the game and downright greedy moves that they're making.

I HATE women comparisons with games...but it's kind've like dating a fine girl who treats you great, but you keep hearing about how bad she treats your/her friends...you wonder if it will eventually be you too, lol

Right now, with the modes I play, MyTeam and quick games...I have a lot of fun...and that's what I am all about....I don't care to analyze the direction of the series and all of that, I just want to put in my disc and have fun...VC hasn't had an effect on any of that yet (but DRM has)....I still play often and enjoy myself...but it still sucks to hear this kind of stuff on behalf of the community...

2k really needs to take a long look in the mirror in the 'offseason'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2014, 11:53 PM   #62
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Damn and I was sitting here thinking it couldn't get any worse.

SMH.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 03-22-2014, 12:12 AM   #63
Just started!

OVR: 0
I have been saying this from the beginning 2k has the worst development team in the entire ****ing world. Instead of fixing the game breaking glitches like constantly getting dashboarded or servers not working they decide to patch domination glitches that actually let you get 1 myteam pack a game which actually makes sense. It also seems like I am in the ****ing depression because my vc is worth absolutely nothing. I have spent like over $80 and I have almost nothing to show for it because you don't get anything. For $80 I should be able to have a 99 overall player and the entire myteam collections but instead you get constant duplicates and pennies on the dollar for selling them back in. Honestly I like 2k but I swear on everything if they keep ****ing patching these glitches that people like me do because they don't want to spend money and actually want to make a decent amount of vc in a reasonably amount of time and they don't patch the ****ing glitches that actually hurt gameplay I am just going to quit 2k.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:37 AM   #64
Pro

StankonYa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
Thanks for writing this, it's just another smack in the face. I guarantee that the overwhelming majority of people who "farm" have also spent way more actual money on this game than they would want to admit. The whole reason for farming is that the VC reward system is way out of balance--which of course is intentional so you are practically forced to buy VC to get deep into a mode like MyTeam.

I just read this morning that the winner of the Million VC giveaway couldn't even get the current 30 players he needed to unlock the diamond Lebron award! Think about it--1,000,000 VC isn't enough to get 30 current players you want...

The sad thing is they've changed the reward but are too cowardly to announce that they have and too lazy to change the graphic that now tells you the wrong amount. Pathetic.

Amazing how any part of the game that unintentionally benefits the consumer is quickly fixed while countless other problems will be ignored.
I just got this last week and I have to say..vc is evil. I can't believe 2k would even do us fans like this. I just got into myteam yesterday and man I've missed out on locker codes since I've had the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »