Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #1697
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
I can understand your issues with the game, I know it has them. But after seeing your post history why are you still attempting to play it. You've said one good thing about the game and that was in regard to a photo of a player.

I'm not bashing you at all here, but why continue showing your displeasure with a game over and over? If it was me and I've done this with games like COD, I would just stop going in that forum and move on. I didn't feel like wasting my time coming in and stating that same thing.

I think 99% here can agree that the game has issues, but why keep saying the same thing? Again, I'm not bashing you at all, I'm just curious.

Don't want to answer for him, but I don't know if you missed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
The more I play this game the more i'm drawn into it...
Some things just get to you after a while...and if he's anything like some others here, he wants to like the game....there are just some things that keep you from fully enjoying the experience. Add the fact we have no patch information...it's kind've changes some tones..

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 02-04-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:51 PM   #1698
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Don't want to answer for him, but I don't know if you missed this:

Some things just get to you after a while...and if he's anything like some others here, he wants to like the game....there are just some things that keep you from fully enjoying the experience. Add the fact we have no patch information...it's kind've changes some tones..
Makes sense and I didn't see those. Like I said please understand I wasn't bashing or implying anything. I was just trying to understand.

I think we're all waiting, hoping for a patch or some kind of news about it. Half way though the season and not hearing anything is really a slap in the face to the few consumers that have purchased 14.

mlp, please accept my apologies.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 02-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #1699
Rookie

OVR: 0

Don't want to continue harping about this issue, but I just don't buy their excuse for not upgrading the visuals for Live 14 on the next gen consoles. Here is a sneak peak of MLB the Show 14 on PS3. These visuals on a current gen system puts Live 14 to shame. I touched on other issues during my impressions, but this one nags me a bit more when I compares Live's visuals to my PS3 games. They need to improve this for Live 15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WE3Q4rmfQc#t=39
Old 02-05-2014, 02:17 AM   #1700
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
Don't want to continue harping about this issue, but I just don't buy their excuse for not upgrading the visuals for Live 14 on the next gen consoles. Here is a sneak peak of MLB the Show 14 on PS3. These visuals on a current gen system puts Live 14 to shame. I touched on other issues during my impressions, but this one nags me a bit more when I compares Live's visuals to my PS3 games. They need to improve this for Live 15.

This will come off like an excuse but MLB the show is a 1st party title. Better comparison would be Cod, bf4, assassin creed etc but it's still the worse next Gen title to date graphically.

I think the first fifa game on vita looks better than Live.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2014, 07:54 AM   #1701
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:

im not saying that lives visuals shouldnt improve but this isnt a fair comparison for a few reasons. one like donwuan said the show is a first party game where the team has a complete understanding of the system they are working with. live is a third party title on a new system so they have little experience with it.

second there is much less happening in baseball vs basketball so its much easier to focus on visuals. there is nowhere close to as much player interaction so almost everything is 100% animation based which will always *look* better.

third and this ties in with number one but the video you showed was on ps3 where scea has been making the game for years so they have had ample time to tweak the graphics from year to year. they also had a completely solid foundation from year to year to build from as opposed to live building with almost nothing since live 10 and in less than two years.

again im not saying that live doesnt need to get better overall but holding it up against the best looking sports game from year to year is just unfair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #1702
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
This will come off like an excuse but MLB the show is a 1st party title. Better comparison would be Cod, bf4, assassin creed etc but it's still the worse next Gen title to date graphically.

I think the first fifa game on vita looks better than Live.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

They don't deserve that excuse anymore. Gaming for consumers is getting more costly, so this preparation should have been handled on their part. We now have to pay to play online every year on both consoles now. If Live 15 does not live up to expectations, will there be another excuse for them?
Old 02-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #1703
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
im not saying that lives visuals shouldnt improve but this isnt a fair comparison for a few reasons. one like donwuan said the show is a first party game where the team has a complete understanding of the system they are working with. live is a third party title on a new system so they have little experience with it.

second there is much less happening in baseball vs basketball so its much easier to focus on visuals. there is nowhere close to as much player interaction so almost everything is 100% animation based which will always *look* better.

third and this ties in with number one but the video you showed was on ps3 where scea has been making the game for years so they have had ample time to tweak the graphics from year to year. they also had a completely solid foundation from year to year to build from as opposed to live building with almost nothing since live 10 and in less than two years.

again im not saying that live doesnt need to get better overall but holding it up against the best looking sports game from year to year is just unfair.
Those excuses have run out for them. That is why promises were made to improve the visuals soon because they were blasted by very popular review sources. Those sources were taken seriously and have effected their profits. Their nine lives have been up since their cancellations of Elite 11 and Live 13. They have no more excuses. By the way if you pay attention to Live 14 you will see that they have taken things from past Live games like animations, sounds, and some commentary. If you own past Live games you will notice that they have taken things from those past games to implement into Live 14. Live 14 is not built from the ground up, so please don't believe that lie from them. If the game was truly built from the grown up, then I would have probably given them an excuse. I own a long library of Live games and I see alot of the same animations, sounds, and same commentary used from Elite 11 because I'm one of the people who got their hands on that game.

Last edited by shutdown10; 02-05-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #1704
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Those excuses have run out for them. That is why promises were made to improve the visuals soon because they were blasted by very popular review sources. Those sources were taken seriously and have effected their profits. Their nine lives have been up since their cancellations of Elite 11 and Live 13. They have no more excuses. By the way if you pay attention to Live 14 you will see that they have taken things from past Live games like animations, sounds, and some commentary. If you own past Live games you will notice that they have taken things from those past games to implement into Live 14. Live 14 is not built from the ground up, so please don't believe that lie from them. If the game was truly built from the grown up, then I would have probably given them an excuse. I own a long library of Live games and I see alot of the same animations, sounds, and same commentary used from Elite 11 because I'm one of the people who got their hands on that game.
im not saying it was built from the ground up. im saying that they havent been working on it and building it up from year to year. live 14 looks similar to live 10 but it definitely does not play or control the same. again i am in no way saying that we shouldnt expect more next year but to compare it to a long-running polished game like the show is not a fair comparison.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »