Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 01-29-2014, 04:08 PM   #1641
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Does the retail copy have more animations ? I've been fooling around with the demo and feel that I've seen every animation after a few games....same dunks, lay ups etc.

I thought EA said the demo would update a long side the game....or I may have that wrong...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #1642
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I thought EA said the demo would update a long side the game....or I may have that wrong...
They definitely said that and it's definitely not the case
Old 01-29-2014, 05:34 PM   #1643
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Is it me or is the defensive stance button pretty counter productive. I seem to be able to stay in front of guys just as well without it.
WTF said a while ago that it is best used for when you want to bump the offensive player. Other than that, forget it.

NBA 2K10 Community Site Mix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cndytDNb-c

The people say they're pretty good.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:05 PM   #1644
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

I never use it.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:11 PM   #1645
Pro

RayZLAL's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
They definitely said that and it's definitely not the case

I'm currently earning coins and XP on the demo

When I get the retail version later this week will my progression and coins transfer? Or do I start over when I get the retail version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2014, 02:40 AM   #1646
MVP

OVR: 34

Still into my 1st week with the game...ive been playing knicks-nets and have graduated from being slaughtered by the cpu, to being competitive and getting closer to winning one .

I figured out what I was doing wrong defensively. I was playing way too tight on the ball. Deron Williams was just slaying me every game. I've been doing a much better job of keeping players out of the paint, and forcing more mid and long 2's .

This game really forces me to play tactically, and I haven't been used to having to do that to survive. There's a lot of good strategic elements to this game. When there is a matchup that I cannot guard, I am forced to bring doubles to force a bad shoot or to make the player give up the ball. I find myself using most of the coaching settings based on who is on the floor.

What I don't like is that the CPU in the 4th quarter has this ability to flip a switch and turn into the '95-'96 Chicago Bulls. I was in a tight 39-38 game 2 minutes into the 4th, and all of a sudden KG, Paul Pierce, and Joe Johnson turned into Jordan, Pippen and Rodman on the defensive end and I could not do anything. They just shut down everything, ripped off a 10-0 run and with 5 min. quarters..the game was over. These games really need to cut that crap out.

Also, what happened to the playbooks?? I LOVED NBA Live 10's playbooks. They were so deep and you could set them virtually any way you wanted. These PB's are really shallow by comparison, you cant customize them at all, and the X button passing when you are trying to execute a set can be nutty.

Overall, 5 days into having this system,this game has gotten the most run. It is oddly addictive. I just keep on playing it and don't even realize its happening until I have cranked out 4-5 games in row

Im really looking forward to when I can record and post vids on here..the one drawback of the PS4 is that it is a royal pain to set it up to record and do the youtube thing with..I have to get a damn hdmi splitter to do what I could with no issue on ps3? Psh
Old 01-30-2014, 03:24 PM   #1647
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thought the patch would be out by now. boy does EA know how to string us along.....
Old 01-30-2014, 06:57 PM   #1648
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Still into my 1st week with the game...ive been playing knicks-nets and have graduated from being slaughtered by the cpu, to being competitive and getting closer to winning one .

I figured out what I was doing wrong defensively. I was playing way too tight on the ball. Deron Williams was just slaying me every game. I've been doing a much better job of keeping players out of the paint, and forcing more mid and long 2's .

This game really forces me to play tactically, and I haven't been used to having to do that to survive. There's a lot of good strategic elements to this game. When there is a matchup that I cannot guard, I am forced to bring doubles to force a bad shoot or to make the player give up the ball. I find myself using most of the coaching settings based on who is on the floor.

What I don't like is that the CPU in the 4th quarter has this ability to flip a switch and turn into the '95-'96 Chicago Bulls. I was in a tight 39-38 game 2 minutes into the 4th, and all of a sudden KG, Paul Pierce, and Joe Johnson turned into Jordan, Pippen and Rodman on the defensive end and I could not do anything. They just shut down everything, ripped off a 10-0 run and with 5 min. quarters..the game was over. These games really need to cut that crap out.

Also, what happened to the playbooks?? I LOVED NBA Live 10's playbooks. They were so deep and you could set them virtually any way you wanted. These PB's are really shallow by comparison, you cant customize them at all, and the X button passing when you are trying to execute a set can be nutty.

Overall, 5 days into having this system,this game has gotten the most run. It is oddly addictive. I just keep on playing it and don't even realize its happening until I have cranked out 4-5 games in row

Im really looking forward to when I can record and post vids on here..the one drawback of the PS4 is that it is a royal pain to set it up to record and do the youtube thing with..I have to get a damn hdmi splitter to do what I could with no issue on ps3? Psh
Good impressions, Sporty. I'm very intrigued by this game and might grab it if I bite the bullet and pick up a PS4 (almost purchased one last night online).
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »