Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-22-2014, 11:34 AM   #1577
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
A couple things that I've noticed from the game are that defender don't close out aggressively towards shooters, they only contest shots from their spot trying to block or raising a hand even if they're too far to affect anything, instead I believe they should be rushing towards the shooter or at least contesting moving forward to the other player. This would be better since you'd have to choose better if you want to shoot with a long defender arriving or one with a big wingspan and also overaggressive defenders could be tricked by offensive players by drawing fouls.

The other thing is that defenders aren't physical enough specially against the best players. I've seen several gamewinners in this game where the offensive player freely moves to the spot on the court wherever he wants without any opposition from his defender. You'll notice that during those situations defenders bump, get very physical, even pull and grab the player to stop their opposition to move where they want.
I've notice that the only time you get the bump animation is when the offensive player drives and you cut him off. You can't initate the contact. He has to come into your space THEN the bump animation. It doesn't seem that you can crowd him or bump him (even at the expense of a foul). I would like it better even if I were penalized occasionally.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:48 AM   #1578
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
I've notice that the only time you get the bump animation is when the offensive player drives and you cut him off. You can't initate the contact. He has to come into your space THEN the bump animation. It doesn't seem that you can crowd him or bump him (even at the expense of a foul). I would like it better even if I were penalized occasionally.
I wish it was like that, that playing physical can be a tool to defend but overusing it or being overaggressive costs you a foul but with the lack of fouls that this game currently has unfortunately I can't see it being implemented nor effective.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:52 AM   #1579
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im using golden state in dynasty mode and curry can basically do what ever he wants on any skill level.. its way to easy for him to get to the basketball... its the same all around the board.. if you have a good enough point guard then it shouldnt be a problem getting to the bucket.. I would like to see more help on the drive.. and more animatons please EA... yall came this Far dont drop the ball now..
Old 01-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #1580
Rookie

PiP is still messed up, had OKC score 100 on me in the paint. Blow out game 140-116. How on earth is it possible to have such a high scoring game at all? There is some core gameplay here EA needs to fix asap! I'm getting tired of seeing people drive to the basket, while i stand perfectly in front of them to block their lane..

I really do like this game, but it's frustration some times, and this recent game against OKC makes me wanna shelf this game, for now.

When it plays good, this game is perfect for me... Please EA make it play good at all times, and not on and off.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #1581
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimaAkaJoJo
PiP is still messed up, had OKC score 100 on me in the paint. Blow out game 140-116. How on earth is it possible to have such a high scoring game at all? There is some core gameplay here EA needs to fix asap! I'm getting tired of seeing people drive to the basket, while i stand perfectly in front of them to block their lane..

I really do like this game, but it's frustration some times, and this recent game against OKC makes me wanna shelf this game, for now.

When it plays good, this game is perfect for me... Please EA make it play good at all times, and not on and off.
i have seen some games that high scoring irl so its not out of the realm of possibility as long as its a rare occurrence. but i definitely agree about the amount of points in the paint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 05:06 PM   #1582
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I was just admiring El Poops LeBron kick out video....I wish the A.I wings would help as hard as he did in that vid...seems like they only come once you are deep in the paint....or it could just be the philosophy of the teams I am playing...

Do you guys notice help from the wings on drives?
Old 01-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #1583
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
i have seen some games that high scoring irl so its not out of the realm of possibility as long as its a rare occurrence. but i definitely agree about the amount of points in the paint.
That could be the case here. But still, I'm seeing games with 80 regularly. It def needs some adjustment or just some sliders for us.

I might try play on Pro, see if I can compete better there. I have some games on All Star, when I catch fire and can compete with the CPU. Could be the issue here.. I'll try and post back.

What difficulty are you guys playing on?
Old 01-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #1584
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I've been on all star for quite some time. I was thinking about going back down to Pro, or even try the next step up to see how it plays.

Having great games on all star though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »