Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #1561
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Just played at Portland in a pretty fun game, beat them 105-95. Went up by 20+ by halftime but I knew the run in the 2nd half was coming. By end of 3rd they had cut it to 7 but they cooled off in the 4th. PIP were actually 60-54 in my favor(for the 1st time). I doubled the post on the catch no matter who it was and forced jumpshots. Think I'm actually ready for Allstar difficulty level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 11:08 PM   #1562
Pro

Thumbs down Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

WTF

Thank you for the Bogut kick out video. Yes, I "have" seen guys grab offensive rebounds and pass out, but it's honestly been about three times in over 30 games. I've seen Andy V do it once for Cleveland and I also saw Tyson do it once. But that's been it. 99.9% of the time it's simply go back up even if there's three defenders there.

Re fast breaks, I've yet to see the cpu run a 2 on 1 or a 3 on 2. You asked how I know they can't do it? Well, I've never seen them do it in multiple games and if you don't even defend the fast break at all (i.e. move your defender to the side and take your hand off the controller) they still don't run hard and attack the hoop. They almost always pass to the wing.

I am not sure why you are seeing things that so many people aren't. I can take my hands off the controller and not even defend and the cpu still runs through their play even with no one guarding them. There's no reactive AI at all. I am on PS4, I don't know if the XB1 is different. Everything 24th letter has posted as flaws in videos I see over and over when I play.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:28 PM   #1563
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

This big man issue has been bothering me so I ran a little test on All Star/6 minutes...

I had Amir Johnson run point, attempt to score every basket and this is how I fared:

Spoiler

When I wasn't getting transition buckets, I was able to ISO past any defender pretty easily. I'm not sure how this started, but it needs to be a top priority for the devs...
Old 01-22-2014, 01:04 AM   #1564
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This big man issue has been bothering me so I ran a little test on All Star/6 minutes...

I had Amir Johnson run point, attempt to score every basket and this is how I fared:

Spoiler

When I wasn't getting transition buckets, I was able to ISO past any defender pretty easily. I'm not sure how this started, but it needs to be a top priority for the devs...
Wow

This has to get fixed
Old 01-22-2014, 01:18 AM   #1565
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Spoiler

That is why I'm not impressed with the A.I. aka (Human Intelligence) in this game. I have done a similar experiment with Duncan, D.Howard, D.Cousins, Hibbert, and L. Aldridge. The CPU's defense's A.I. should recognize that you are bringing the ball down with a big man with limited ball handling skills and react to it, but they don't. They need to fix these things if they want to be taken seriously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 02:08 AM   #1566
Rookie

OVR: 4

3's are still a major problem online. It's almost impossible to block them, especially when you are playing somebody straight up.

Had somebody hit 7 fully contested 3s with Klay in one half earlier. Even when I double teamed him, he just went straight up like he was in the gym by himself and hit nothing but net.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:07 AM   #1567
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
WTF

Thank you for the Bogut kick out video. Yes, I "have" seen guys grab offensive rebounds and pass out, but it's honestly been about three times in over 30 games. I've seen Andy V do it once for Cleveland and I also saw Tyson do it once. But that's been it. 99.9% of the time it's simply go back up even if there's three defenders there.

Re fast breaks, I've yet to see the cpu run a 2 on 1 or a 3 on 2. You asked how I know they can't do it? Well, I've never seen them do it in multiple games and if you don't even defend the fast break at all (i.e. move your defender to the side and take your hand off the controller) they still don't run hard and attack the hoop. They almost always pass to the wing.

I am not sure why you are seeing things that so many people aren't. I can take my hands off the controller and not even defend and the cpu still runs through their play even with no one guarding them. There's no reactive AI at all. I am on PS4, I don't know if the XB1 is different. Everything 24th letter has posted as flaws in videos I see over and over when I play.
i just posted this in the video thread as well. but the ai does react pretty well. lebron comes off the screen and i cut him off with waiters. lebron kicks out to allen for the open three instead of trying to finish at the rim.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:23 AM   #1568
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
WTF

No worries. That's why I post what I do. For whatever reason, everyone seems to be playing a different game. I've tried the take the hands off of the controller, and 90% of the time, I'll get burnt. I have seen the run the play at all costs, but normally when it's not an offensive "attack" minded player. I tried with Steph and he'll simply run right past me and stop and pop a jumper.

The reason I took videos of the kickouts was because it didn't happen often before the game I played. Then I saw 3-4 3's hit off of them in one half against the Warriors. I don't know if it's something that they tweaked in the Synergy update, or what it is. Hopefully that's something that's easily tweakable for them. That game was starting to become one of the best experiences for me, but it was 2am and literally couldn't stay up for the 2nd half.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »