Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-19-2014, 11:08 AM   #1473
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Oh,and now someone says rosters are fine. Yet three season ending injured players still start in the game.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #1474
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!

I have only had four or five games go down to the wire where the cpu has been behind and all of them were completely ruined by the cpu dribbling the clock out. Videos are all over youtube, yet one user here apparently has never seen it so it is somehow alright.

This thread is littered with "I just downloaded the latest title update, I only played three minutes but I am sure I saw new animations and the cpu act more aggressively" or "I only played a quarter, but the cpu took 4 three pointers, so the update has increased their ball movement for sure" type preaching. Absolutely ridiculous stuff. I played Miami a few weeks ago and LeBron scored 47 yet now, after a title update a poster here played Miami and said LeBron is more aggressive. That stuff is just normal game to game stuff. It was there already. PLACEBO here is out of control.

Nothing to do with title updates. If the developers do read these things, I hope they see the late game AI and all the bugs and fix those. There's only four cameras and two don't work. Start there. Blocks need massive toning down also. So far there's been about ten updates yet two of my four camera options still don't work and the cpu still doesn't call time outs. Fix those things EA!!!
You can mention me, this will be the last time I address you. If you aren't sitting in my man cave with me when I play this game, you have no clue what I'm seeing and what I'm not seeing. I have posted a LOT of videos showing the ends of my games. Like I said, if I saw the late game AI mess, then I'd stop playing, it's as simple as that. I don't have time to play a full game, only to have it ruined at the end.

The dev team is more than aware of the issues that you guys are having. I personally compiled a list of items that OS is having with the game and forwarded it onward.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #1475
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Oh,and now someone says rosters are fine. Yet three season ending injured players still start in the game.

Yes, Deron is day to day, but still in the lineup. Lopez is not. Deron supposedly back on MLK day:
http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/1/16/5...s-2014-mlk-day

CP3 not in lineup, lineup seems accurate.

Rose is out, lineup seems accurate otherwise.

Bledsoe is out, seems accurate.

Last I checked, this is the right LAL lineup.

All taken just a few seconds ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #1476
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Just FYI: as far as the Nuggets go, Gallo hasn't played a minute this season with a torn ACL

Granger still in the Pacers starting line up, Holiday starting for the Pelicans....I am not sure how they are doing on missing players etc.

Accessories are still off for most teams...

Not a huge deal (to me)....but I have to hold them to their daily/hour after the game promises...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 01-19-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #1477
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Yeah, I don't pay much attention to the Nuggets. Hadn't heard anyone bring him up. Normally it's Kobe and Rose. I'll pass along as well.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #1478
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

a few rosters at least are still out of date. the cavs have waiters starting at the 2 instead of miles. and dellavadova isnt even on the roster.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #1479
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

salmons still starting for my raptors over ross smh
Old 01-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #1480
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I read it as it does the basics of basketball well and is lacking in the more advanced areas of the sport. Aside from the bugs and other documented things it is lacking in like graphics, animations, personality, authenticity, etc., I would say the game is fundamentally sound. The basics of NBA basketball are there.
Appreciate your answer Pared. I mean by these standards hasn't almost every NBA game that has come out been "fundamentally sound"? lol. My man said it's more fundamentally sound than the competition. I'm just trying to figure out what this game does that is more fundamental than the past and the competition. I don't want to start a comparison thread, but what does the competition do that is less fundamental? What does that mean for me as a gamer?

Honestly besides the team shot percentages(which I do appreciate in Live) the differences in these 2 games are the things you mentioned, lol. Why would I want to play a game that has less personality, worse animations, less authenticity, & worse graphics? Seems like alot of people are flocking to this game simply because it's not the competition. Which is totally fine, but the broad statements I've seen try to make it seem like it's more to this game than it being simply a change of pace and a different game.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »