Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #1449
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

No more nicknames!
Old 01-18-2014, 04:01 PM   #1450
Rookie

OVR: 0

Played one game of Trailblazers vs Spurs last night to me the game was different. More animations and I think it overall played better, but that might be me just getting better at the game.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:40 PM   #1451
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I did see some things I hadn't seen before. Players diving for loose balls. New animations or should I say more realistic/believable animations.

The game has gone from a PS3 graphics game to a PS3/PS4 graphics looking game.

Sent from my iPhone

I saw that last time I played, but he was out of bounds when he touched the ball. didn't get call.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2014, 07:18 PM   #1452
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Did the unthinkable (lol) and sold the competitor to pick this game up. The Gamestop employees told me I was crazy, which I just laughed off, and assumed that they were casuals and knew absolutely nothing about basketball.

One think I love about it is the fact that the shooting percentages are almost spot on straight out of the box. It plays slower, but in a way that feels good and flows. There's a lot of nice defensive adjustments you can make, which can really give different teams different personalities. Nice little details like players drawing their hands back as the ball is going out of bounds, and bigmen setting screens in the backcourt to free you up...just the little things. Not saying the game is GREAT, but there are a lot of nice things here that people aren't giving it credit for.

I played the demo, and I have to say this game feels a lot better. Live really has a nice foundation to build on. Lets just hope EA keeps this train moving in the right direction.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 01-18-2014, 08:39 PM   #1453
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Did the unthinkable (lol) and sold the competitor to pick this game up. The Gamestop employees told me I was crazy, which I just laughed off, and assumed that they were casuals and knew absolutely nothing about basketball.

One think I love about it is the fact that the shooting percentages are almost spot on straight out of the box. It plays slower, but in a way that feels good and flows. There's a lot of nice defensive adjustments you can make, which can really give different teams different personalities. Nice little details like players drawing their hands back as the ball is going out of bounds, and bigmen setting screens in the backcourt to free you up...just the little things. Not saying the game is GREAT, but there are a lot of nice things here that people aren't giving it credit for.

I played the demo, and I have to say this game feels a lot better. Live really has a nice foundation to build on. Lets just hope EA keeps this train moving in the right direction.

U my man are tripping lol each game compliments each other. I was tired of the BS with 2k so I picked up Live. I've gon back to 2k and stopped playing Live. Each game has it's flaws but Live really needs some work. If 2k could have the espn presentation it would put it over the top. I love Lives presentation and espn immersion into the game but the gameplay in my opinion is really bad. It's just not as fluid as 2k to me, I hope you enjoy the game more then I did.

PS.....WTF don't be mad at me lol
Old 01-18-2014, 08:46 PM   #1454
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

This is so unacceptable. What's the point in playing when every other game is being stolen from you. 10x worse than late game ai is having the game just end and being handed a loss when you're up 14 under a minute left.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:00 PM   #1455
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

That's sucks The_Kid, hope they get on it...it would make me no lt even want to play TBH...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #1456
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Just played my most fun game yet... Pacers @ Knicks(me). Was down 17 in the 1st quarter, cut it to 3 at the half. 3rd and 4th quarters it was back and forth with a ton of lead changes but down the stretch I just took over. Won 107-95.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »