Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-18-2014, 11:40 PM   #1457
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
U my man are tripping lol each game compliments each other. I was tired of the BS with 2k so I picked up Live. I've gon back to 2k and stopped playing Live. Each game has it's flaws but Live really needs some work. If 2k could have the espn presentation it would put it over the top. I love Lives presentation and espn immersion into the game but the gameplay in my opinion is really bad. It's just not as fluid as 2k to me, I hope you enjoy the game more then I did.

PS.....WTF don't be mad at me lol
I actually shocked myself when I did it too lol. But hey to each his own. Crazy thing is I've been a HARDCORE 2k player since 2k8. I just wasn't having fun with NG 2k14. The bad outweighed the good for me.

But Live...it isn't great, it isn't as fluid, but its more fundamentally sound. And I'm having a lot more fun with it.

Sorry about the other game being mentioned here. I swear I'll never do it again lol
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 01-19-2014, 01:00 AM   #1458
Pro

OVR: 0

The only reason this game is not getting absolutely destroyed on here is that there's barely anyone playing it and those who are all 'want' to see the good bits rather than reality.

Late game AI-------------Late game AI is atrociously bad. If you play man to man D, the cpu doesn't take a shot if they have called an isolation play. They just bounce the ball and stand there and lose.

If they have called another play they sometimes shoot, but 90% of the time they call an isolation at the end of the game and just bounce the ball and get a shot clock violation.

Time outs -------------The CPU never calls time outs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can the people here posting 100s of videos and impressions not notice this???????? The cpu never calls time outs!!!!!!!!!

Dynasty mode-------------I play Dynasty and I like to make my own subs. GUESS WHAT? If you use manual subs THE CPU DOESEN'T MAKE ANY SUBS ALL GAME. They play their starters 48 mins even when they are fatigues. This is appalling, yet none of the guys posting videos and propaganda seem to notice it!!!

Online ------------- Online is TERRIBLE. Laggy and constant drops mid game.

If there was a million people playing this game, it would be getting absolutely hammered for these flaws. Instead, no one is playing it and no one cares. But these are MAJOR flaws in the game. People NOT pointing this stuff out can only be not doing so as they are so obsessed with it they don't want to admit it's terrible. For anyone even considering buying it, note these flaws first.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:03 AM   #1459
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
The only reason this game is not getting absolutely destroyed on here is that there's barely anyone playing it and those who are all 'want' to see the good bits rather than reality.

Late game AI-------------Late game AI is atrociously bad. If you play man to man D, the cpu doesn't take a shot if they have called an isolation play. They just bounce the ball and stand there and lose.

If they have called another play they sometimes shoot, but 90% of the time they call an isolation at the end of the game and just bounce the ball and get a shot clock violation.

Time outs -------------The CPU never calls time outs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can the people here posting 100s of videos and impressions not notice this???????? The cpu never calls time outs!!!!!!!!!

Dynasty mode-------------I play Dynasty and I like to make my own subs. GUESS WHAT? If you use manual subs THE CPU DOESEN'T MAKE ANY SUBS ALL GAME. They play their starters 48 mins even when they are fatigues. This is appalling, yet none of the guys posting videos and propaganda seem to notice it!!!

If there was a million people playing this game, it would be getting absolutely hammered for these flaws. Instead, no one is playing it and no one cares. But these are MAJOR flaws in the game. People NOT pointing this stuff out can only be not doing so as they are so obsessed with it they don't want to admit it's terrible. For anyone even considering buying it, note these flaws first.
You know what matters to me? I like it. Should I care what a million other people would think?
Old 01-19-2014, 01:19 AM   #1460
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
You know what matters to me? I like it. Should I care what a million other people would think?

You completely missed the point. Yes, you like it. And, yes, a dozen or so people here who don't care about late game AI and time outs, and rosters, and cpu using subs like it. I.e. people who enjoy a bit of casual fun.

But the vast majority of people who want to play a simulation sports game actually want something like late game AI and time outs. Funny that.

2014 and the late game AI doesn't work and the CPU doesn't call times outs
Old 01-19-2014, 01:20 AM   #1461
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
But Live...it isn't great, it isn't as fluid, but its more fundamentally sound. And I'm having a lot more fun with it.
l
What does that mean as far as basketball videogames go? It's more fundamentally sound?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 01:38 AM   #1462
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
You completely missed the point. Yes, you like it. And, yes, a dozen or so people here who don't care about late game AI and time outs, and rosters, and cpu using subs like it. I.e. people who enjoy a bit of casual fun.

But the vast majority of people who want to play a simulation sports game actually want something like late game AI and time outs. Funny that.

2014 and the late game AI doesn't work and the CPU doesn't call times outs
So...I'm curious...why are you spending your time here?

And BTW I agree about those issues but guess what? They can be fixed... can't tell you if they will be but that can be discussed down the road. In the meantime there is another basketball option you should know about if you need it. Your legit criticisms have been discussed ad nauseam by those of us that think this game has potential believe it or not...

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2014, 01:55 AM   #1463
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
So...I'm curious...why are you spending your time here?

And BTW I agree about those issues but guess what? They can be fixed... can't tell you if they will be but that can be discussed down the road. In the meantime there is another basketball option you should know about if you need it. Your legit criticisms have been discussed ad nauseam by those of us that think this game has potential believe it or not...

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

Why? Umm, it's called 'hoping the major game killing issues get addressed in this upcoming big patch'. Pointing flaws out. This is called an "impressions" thread.

And, ummm, yes I know there's another game. I have it and it's very, very good but has major bugs. It's a completely different game and company, that's why I don't mention it here. If you do want to make comparisons, I also have FIFA and it's dramatically better than NBA Live. Same company. No way EA would dare release FIFA in this state. In other words, they value their soccer community much more than their basketball community. If FIFA had appalling late game AI and the CPU never was called for offside or something, there'd be outrage and EA would fix it in weeks as football fans demand a simulation experience. NBA live late game AI is brain dead, who cares.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #1464
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

Quote:
The game takes 2 for 1 opportunities when I play, and luckily, I haven't had the late game AI issue yet. They look for what they need at the time, and I've posted MANY videos of my late game. They foul me if they need, the push the ball if they need, and THEY CALL TIME OUTS after I score if there is still a chance for them to come back. I've posted my endings with these videos.

I do know that the late game AI bug exists, it's well documented. The Dev teams know it exists, it's well documented.

Quote:
Wrong on my end. I've posted several videos showing how my end of games go. I'm not sure why I'm not having an issue, but hopefully it continues and doesn't rear its ugly head during my play time. I've had 2-3 shot clock violations in my time with the game, and those were actual shot clock violations that I had to work for. I've had the 3 second in the lane glitch several times.

Quote:
Like above, they call it in crunch time, and that's good enough for me until the patch. It's well documented, and they are aware of it as well. I've given several lists, each after my extensive play time with the game, to the team showing my individual wants/needs. Do I need to come on here and post my list every time? You have plenty of people tearing the game down, you have plenty of people expressing their dismay. Believe it or not, I'm having an absolute blast with the game BECAUSE I'm not seeing the same things alot of guys are seeing. If I was seeing the end of game glitch, I wouldn't be playing the game until it was fixed.

Quote:
Just use auto subs, and make your own manual subs anyway. It's not that difficult. That's what I do. And YES, I have put this on my list of needed fixes as well. But it's not a game killing bug by any means. Posting propaganda?

Quote:

I'm a grown man, I have limited time to play a game period. When I do get the opportunity to play, I play Live. If it was a terrible game IN MY EYES, I wouldn't waste what little time I get to play, playing the game.

You have your opinion, others have theirs. If you want to be at Operationsports then you need to learn how to respect others' opinions. I've posted my games, videos, screenshots, stats, etc.

If you don't like it, wait for the patch. No need to subject yourself to torture if you feel the game is terrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »