Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-14-2014, 11:32 PM   #1393
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I have, if it's a close game down the stretch...

Funny thing is, they'll call a timeout, come out of the huddle and dribble the clock out
Or they won't call timeout all game until then. Those two issues are starting to takes its toll.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 01-15-2014, 02:15 AM   #1394
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

God I wish I could play better defense. Its would be a pretty fun game if I didn't get burnt almost every play.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:25 AM   #1395
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Thing that bothers me the most is when you call for a pick it takes forever for the picker to come over and set the pick.
i noticed that if someone else is moving the screener will wait for them to finish getting to their spot before coming to set the pick. so it seems like the screen button isnt working but if you wait for the other players to get to where they were going the screener will usually come to set the pick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 08:16 AM   #1396
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I wonder if picks would come quicker if auto motion wasn’t on, that’s what I figured was stopping guys from coming immediately. Sometimes it sucks because there will only be like 10 seconds left on the shot clock by the time they come. No way I am going to turn automotion off though, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Another observation I've made towards Live 14 is that it seems like it lacks explosion from the players; noticed it more while choosing a play where the players seem to jog to their spots, it hurts in the opportunity they can have to get separation from the defender to have an open shot. It feels like there's barely acceleration on this game and quick players aren't that different from the rest.
To your first point I think this is just a transition year…it’s the same issue NBA 2K13 had last year when implementing their new physics system….dissolving two man animations successfully, but not having enough time to implement defensive animations to counter the offensive ones…so now you have players being pushed back regardless of size. I agree on speed. I poked the ball away from a defender the other day and Pau Gasol beat Russell Westbrook in a race for to the ball…makes me wonder if the A.I uses the turbo button in these situations. To expand on player differences, this is kind of what has me waning lately. Players, teams just don’t feel that different to me…love the pace, love the way the game flows with mostly realistic stats, but I am seeing just about every team run a methodical offense. As far as players, I think it’s just the lack of overall signature style and behavior that has gotten to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
After the latest updates I had some nice games with cpu running a lot of plays and playing like their real life counterparts, but the last couple of games were disappointing. On defense it was all about stop the paint cheese. A lot of PIP and big man’s forcing inside. Last game was against Bobcats and Kemba Walker barely shot the ball. It was Jefferson and Zeller all game long, very depressing.
This is what I have been experiencing for a while now. The majority of the mid range jumpers I am seeing are as a result of pulls ups, occasional step backs or because I am over protecting the rim..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Or they won't call timeout all game until then. Those two issues are starting to takes its toll.
Yeah, I think I am actually going to hold off getting deep into this game until the patch with this and what I mentioned above..it's not like a lot of it can't be fixed though so I am hopeful.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:13 AM   #1397
Rookie

OVR: 0

I found the quickest response was to use the D Pad for a screen, near always instant screen
Old 01-15-2014, 11:09 AM   #1398
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
The 3's and PiP were off somewhat by the box score, but I had my defense set to Tight off ball and Tight on Ball, which helps explain the 3's being low. My strategy was to play the post 1 on 1, and to keep every shot contested. I bit on a lot of pump fakes, and I left a lot of driving lanes open.

They ended up shooting a TON of mid range shots, but they just were not falling period.

The PiP was an issue, Lin lit me up for several layups, and he posted Knight as well. I agree, the PiP were rough, but overall it as a great experience. They tried to post Asik on Terrence Jones, due to the size and physicality, but when it figured out Noel was lurking off ball, they stopped that strategy, pulled Asik to the FT line, and ran Lin off ball to get positioning. Howard had a rough game all around, Harden was Harden, driving and throwing his head back getting the foul call

I can look past some of the stuff, if it makes sense within the context of the game, and in this case, it did. I think this was the highest PiP that I've had yet, but part of that was my own doing, overshowing on every screen, defending and playing the lanes too tight, etc.

My scrubs ended up winning though, so I'll take it
If your intent was to take away the 3-pt shot, then you succeeded marvelously. You held a team that typically averages 25 attempts per game to only four. I hope it was your stellar defensive strategy rather than a fail with EAs Synergy. In theory, PIP should be high if you decide before hand to take away the three. Bravo ... I think.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:12 AM   #1399
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Moreso to limit any open shots

My team o' scrubs I just wanted to play tight all over the floor, no open looks. And I seemingly succeeded. Needless to say, I think I'm just going to start one with the regular Bobcats, and build them over time, instead of gutting the team. It was pretty fun, but I had around $20M in cap space after I was done wheeling and dealing,
Old 01-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #1400
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
As some were mentioning before today there need a huge improvement in its physics engine, I don't understand how the developers let PGs or SGs ran over and make huge PFs or Cs fall like Hulk smashed them for example. Despite being a bad game Elite 11 had a few good concepts that I don't get why they were scrapped specially when it was said that part of that game code is in Live 14, real time physics would be at least decent and better than now if it was kept and continued being improved over these four years; plus EASBA, team play and some new features on its Be a Pro mode would've added more replay value to the game. Isn't Live the only AAA game for EA that doesn't have rtp? Is it that difficult to implement on basketball?

Another observation I've made towards Live 14 is that it seems like it lacks explosion from the players; noticed it more while choosing a play where the players seem to jog to their spots, it hurts in the opportunity they can have to get separation from the defender to have an open shot. It feels like there's barely acceleration on this game and quick players aren't that different from the rest.
The lack of explosion really irks me. Whether it be "first-step" or "take-offs" I feel like it needs to be toned up some. Not rocket dunk'ish but increased to reflect the high level of athleticism in the league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »