Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #1185
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Not QUITE what I mean WTF, but thanks for the tip...Ill try the "towards the defender" tactic tonight!and yes, that oop was very nice..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #1186
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

I've noticed you "feel" less joystick "pressure" when playing D to get the same results you get in the other game because there is less lock on suction. Defense is supposed to be hard. Not every team plays good D. When I apply 2K type defensive contact I either get a continuation foul because of bad positioning, or knock a guy to the floor and get a foul. There is a sweet spot with "pressure" that will allow defense that causes many missed shots by the CPU, without fouling. I also keep my hands up at every opportunity, (as coach taught us back in the day) forcing CPU misses down low. I Just held the Bulls to 38% shooting for the game (last night), gave up 4 dunks and NO SECOND CHANCE points(8 min quarters), which really shocked me, and convinced me to start playing on Superstar. They tried to body me up and bully me all game, but I didn't relent, Boozer was 2/12 and Noah was 4/8 inside, Rose was 5/18 with 6 TO. It was an ugly game we only shot 42% but we won.

I think part of the problem people are having is trying to play this in the same way you play the other game or past Live games, which we can't. ( I got better fast when I stopped playing 2k style ball) Ball position, momentum, and angles are much more important in this game than previous releases.

There are some issues, but they (EA) have a great foundation for continued progress in the series as long as they communicate with their player base, and don't fall into "graphics/animation wars" with the other game and sacrifice gameplay/features/online.
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 01-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #1187
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Ive played ball for a long time man , high and low levels...I understand that defense isnt easy...this isnt a case of me not understand how defense works....honestly its probably the opposite...Im expecting the body of my player to be respectedin certain situations and thats not happening. I know this game isnt 2k and I am definitely not playing it like 2k. I dont see how that would stop some of the stuff ive documented anyway.

You should post a video though, everybody should, we all have next gen machines. I would like to see how you guys are shutting down people inside on a regualr basis. Im all for solution.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #1188
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

On the Asik clip above, do you ever see that 24th? Or is it a given that it's going in?

When you get home, try the stick towards the defender, and literally hold it til the guy shoots. That's what I do and have success. Apparently DonWuan and a few others do as well.

In the game above, Asik went 5/12, of course all in the paint. Howard on the other hand was a different story.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #1189
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
On the Asik clip above, do you ever see that 24th? Or is it a given that it's going in?

When you get home, try the stick towards the defender, and literally hold it til the guy shoots. That's what I do and have success. Apparently DonWuan and a few others do as well.

In the game above, Asik went 5/12, of course all in the paint. Howard on the other hand was a different story.

Yeah I have seen post shots missed....guess it'd be better of I just showed you what I mean...

But I'll try the strategy you and DJ suggested tonight and follow up!
Old 01-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #1190
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

DAMN!!! Did you call the police? Howard molested you down there. LOL

One thing I like at least Chandler is an effective defender in this game. I've played "games" where Chandler , Knicks, was a total liability. I wonder if EA could have Chandler do what he specializes in doing in real life and instead of getting board per se , he tips out rebounds to teammates. I honestly haven't seen any of that in any game

EDIT: But in all honesty I haven't had Chandler out on the court in this game that much to begin with. I usually just run with whatever the roster is when I start a game and in most games Chandler's out.

Last edited by thatdudetoo; 01-09-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #1191
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Lol. Yep. Thankfully Harden played spot on, and shot them out of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #1192
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Then they should've told us; "Updated daily, except during the holiday season" Otherwise, I'll have to hold them to their word..
Now that I agree with. That's how they do it where the wife works and and the spot I used to work at as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »