Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #809
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I'm not going to address pop up dunks, as I could post far far worse videos of alternate titles out there.

The games poor initial release is why it's at the state that it's in with the fans. Most I feel are jaded towards it, and probably rightfully so. Regardless, I'm playing it as if it's a new title, ignoring the poor release state. It's giving me the most bang for my buck, and if they re-released this game with some additional animations and a coat of pretty graphics, I'd have no issue handing over my $60 for NBA Live 15.

It's funny, more and more of the old timers are trying it, and really starting to enjoy it. That's what I'm most excited about, is that guys are seeing what's there, and enjoying it. Is it perfect? Nope. Is it my game of choice? Absolutely.

But it is what it is. We'll agree to disagree. I've gotta take advantage of my gaming time while I've got it.
You don't have to address the dreaded pop up dunk that has plagued this series in particular for a long time because it looks like ea won't either. Not sure why though because people don't like them.

The game was reviewed here with 2 patches and got a lower score than ign which was surprising but all valid reasons. The initial release after they tried to hide the game was all deserved imo. It's not like the masses care now because they dont. The poor sales into the holiday are telling. no matter who here is playing it's still not enough. Matter of fact lyrics outside of here people don't even talk about this game unless they're insulting it.
I remember enjoying live 10 way more than 2k10. New playsets finally in basketball games again , it reviewed well, sold much better than this game and it still want enough. This one is no different. ...

I didn't say enjoy it not, I just pointed out some pretty awful issues plaguing this game that you might overlook but that's not the case for the many more to sustain the series. This is the worst selling nba live ever even more so than the 07 atrocity. That's not some mistake out of ignorance of the games mechanics

Galaxy Note 2
Old 12-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #810
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
So you wanna bring in 2k on the low instead of just talking about nba live?

We can do that but I thought it was an nba live impressions thread. cmon man

Galaxy Note 2

I wasn't bringing it "On The Low" I spoke the truth IMO. Both came out the box like Betas. They both were a mess. That's just being honest. Both still have issues but at least on one all the modes work. Nothing low about that. It's true

Come on 23. We've both been around a long time and pretty much agree on everything but this just happens to be a title that we don't.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #811
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

mo williams didn't have a good impression lol
Attached Images
File Type: png twitter.com 2013-12-27 21 39 0.png (27.6 KB, 102 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #812
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr

Lol. That's messed up. I wonder what are Kyries thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #813
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I wasn't bringing it "On The Low" I spoke the truth IMO. Both came out the box like Betas. They both were a mess. That's just being honest. Both still have issues but at least on one all the modes work. Nothing low about that. It's true

Come on 23. We've both been around a long time and pretty much agree on everything but this just happens to be a title that we don't.

Sent from my iPhone

I'd eager to say current gen expecially the pc version which is what I have is no beta and is a better game than this. I care more about playing games than modes. I'm not into my player in any game Sony ea or 2k more so than the game itself.

I've always preferred rewind to nba today but that's my preference. Other than that this game at release was much much more garbage than anything I've seen in a long time in sports.

Galaxy Note 2
Old 12-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #814
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Lol. That's messed up. I wonder what are Kyries thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone
just thinking that myself. like the majority of ppl he probably wasn't pleased. ppl are missing out on a great thing. their loss
Old 12-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #815
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Played clips with Blazers. I lost by 25. Lilliaard shot 3 for 17 and batum was 1 of 7 from 3. Guys shot 4 of 28 for 3 as a team and clips were like 10 of 14. Missing wide open shots. Don't get it. Griffin was unstoppable . Don't know how to stop guys like that. Had like 35 points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #816
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr

LOL, like many have said, it's the stigma that Live has....hopefully EA continues to work to over come it...

That's why I try to be as honest in my feedback as I can...If this game was gone over with a fine tooth comb like 2k is, we'd see a lot more threads/videos popping up daily...there shouldn't be a misconception that this is because their aren't as many flaws to point out...there certainly are...they just aren't really talked about..

and that's somewhat understandable being that the fan base isn't as big for right now...I just want to make sure EA knows we want them to keep building and give us a good product in 2015...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »