Home

NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #193
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
do you double tap up to push and guard the paint? I've drawn a lot of charges actually in this game. Double tap the regular directional pad in different directions to see what they do. Took me 4 games to figure this out. lol
Same thing for offense just in case some didn't know.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #194
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

So I put some time in with the demo today since I'm hearing a lot of positive things in here about the game. I hadn't played it since it came out.

I think it plays a solid game of basketball. I like the weighted feeling of the players. I like the pace of the game and the less complicated controls. Although I wish there was a tutorial.

I also really don't think the graphics are all that bad. Yes, they aren't what next-gen should be. But I'll give them a pass this year because I know this game has been in development for last gen systems for years.

As far as gameplay, I just really like the simplicty of the controls. I like the quick plays mapped to the d pad. The pick and roll is very well done. The game really does feel like a slightly upgraded version of Live 10. And I loved Live 10.

I've always liked Live. 05 was one of my favorite sports games ever. I just get more of a fun factor from Live than I do from other basketball games.

I want to get my hands on a retail copy to see what improvements have been made from the demo. I know there is supposed to be a lot, so that's really encouraging. I will consider buying it if that's the case.

I honestly appreciate what EA is doing with this game. They got a playable game out the door. That's huge. I think some people just don't get how big of a deal that is. They also seem to be serious about post-release support. This shows a commitment to take back significant market share from the other game. I don't care that it's taken them this long to put a game out. That's water under the bridge. People need to let that go. Its not letting them off the hook.

So yeah, now I really wanna play the retail version. I almost bought it on Amazon today since its $45. But I just don't know if its worth it until I play it.

I'll be sure to comment more when I finally do get to play it.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #195
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
So I put some time in with the demo today since I'm hearing a lot of positive things in here about the game. I hadn't played it since it came out.

I think it plays a solid game of basketball. I like the weighted feeling of the players. I like the pace of the game and the less complicated controls. Although I wish there was a tutorial.

I also really don't think the graphics are all that bad. Yes, they aren't what next-gen should be. But I'll give them a pass this year because I know this game has been in development for last gen systems for years.

As far as gameplay, I just really like the simplicty of the controls. I like the quick plays mapped to the d pad. The pick and roll is very well done. The game really does feel like a slightly upgraded version of Live 10. And I loved Live 10.

I've always liked Live. 05 was one of my favorite sports games ever. I just get more of a fun factor from Live than I do from other basketball games.

I want to get my hands on a retail copy to see what improvements have been made from the demo. I know there is supposed to be a lot, so that's really encouraging. I will consider buying it if that's the case.

I honestly appreciate what EA is doing with this game. They got a playable game out the door. That's huge. I think some people just don't get how big of a deal that is. They also seem to be serious about post-release support. This shows a commitment to take back significant market share from the other game. I don't care that it's taken them this long to put a game out. That's water under the bridge. People need to let that go. Its not letting them off the hook.

So yeah, now I really wanna play the retail version. I almost bought it on Amazon today since its $45. But I just don't know if its worth it until I play it.

I'll be sure to comment more when I finally do get to play it.
We're alike in the love of live 10. I grabbed 14 earlier this week for $26 and I'm enjoying it. I feel like it's got a good foundation to improve on. It's not 2k graphically buts it's solid. The presentation is great, it really feels like a live broadcast. I like real portrait pictures for player introduction, the pace is really fluid. I love how players stick with their assigned man. There are a lot of positives, negatives are also high but I think they can fix most of those issues. Grab the game man, you'll enjoy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #196
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

I still haven't gotten the retail version so I'm not sure if there is any difference, but I'm having a hard time playing defense. I hold down L2 but the cpu just blows by me most of the time.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just how the game is?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #197
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I still haven't gotten the retail version so I'm not sure if there is any difference, but I'm having a hard time playing defense. I hold down L2 but the cpu just blows by me most of the time.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just how the game is?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
i think you need to use the l2 defense sparingly. use the slides and regular stick movement to get in front then l2 to lock down once youre in position. i havent had a ton of time with the game but it feels like that would work better than trying to hold l2 a lot.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #198
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Definitely use L2 sparingly. I only use it when I'm getting ready to let my guy get past me. Remember to use angles and slide your feet accordingly. The L2 button in this game isn't a automatic lockdown.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #199
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

So when you use slides you mean moving the right stick the direction they move?
Old 12-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #200
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

No, I'm talking about the left stick, just moving your player. If you're feathering the stick, without using turbo or the L2 button, your guy manually does defensive slides. I only use turbo and the L2 stick when I'm getting beat off of the dribble. Normally I tap the L2 button when I get close enough to "body" someone and it bumps them just enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »