Home

NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #169
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

I, believe it or not, had a really good time with the demo last night. I got to play for around 2 hours plus, and the more you learn, the better the game gets. It's some animations, some ball physics interaction, Sliders & Custom cameras away from being a pretty decent start.

I'm going to try to get some games in tonight to get a further grasp on the controls and abilities before giving any further impressions.

The first time I played the demo, it was a disaster. I'm not sure if "Synergy" has kicked in leading to a little more fluid experience, or what, but it definitely felt somewhat better.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #170
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

I'm sad to report that I think I'm gonna buy this game. After re downloading the demo again I had a helluva game last night

OKC (me) vs Knicks. Durant hit a 3 with 4 seconds left to take the lead by 2, Knicks call a TO and inbounds at half court and JR Smith got loose for a 3 GAME OVER I lose by 1. Lol

This game has potential. I beat the /:;t out of this game and I'm gonna take some of it back. I hope and pray EA comes out next year with Live 15. I'm gonna go out and support this title in hopes that they don't dump it due to sales. After the fiasco that's going on with the other title EA will get some $$ from me

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #171
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

It needs animations. It needs sliders. It needs better in game textures. The game needs a practice mode. It needs customizable cameras.

Overall though, with the Synergy updates (that's what I'm blaming it on), it's playing a better game. It's playing a much better game. No doubt about it.

Dont' feel bad either Flight, I've got it coming too.

I'm stuck on every save that I have on the other game, which drove me back to the demo. Whatever has been updated since release of the demo has made an impact, for the better.

Is it pretty to look at? No. But I've seen some really good AI make some really good fundamental basketball plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #172
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

It there a camera in the retail version that resembles the 2K camera angle?? I'm not a fan of the Broadcast camera

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #173
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
It there a camera in the retail version that resembles the 2K camera angle?? I'm not a fan of the Broadcast camera

Sent from my iPhone
i think there is but from what ive heard it comes with massive frame rate issues.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone
I have the full game but only use the broadcast and I'm not home to check into it now, but I would think that there is since the challenges (which you can play on the demo) use the 2K camera angle (at least the ones I've played).

Try that out and see if you like it.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #175
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

There is Flight. When you play the demo, play the Oladipo challenge, and the John Wall assist challenge. Both of those use that type of camera. One of them plays better than the other, can't remember which off the top of my head.

It's the first time that I've semi-enjoyed using that type of camera. If they can smooth out the framerate on those types of views, would be pretty nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #176
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I'm sad to report that I think I'm gonna buy this game. After re downloading the demo again I had a helluva game last night

OKC (me) vs Knicks. Durant hit a 3 with 4 seconds left to take the lead by 2, Knicks call a TO and inbounds at half court and JR Smith got loose for a 3 GAME OVER I lose by 1. Lol

This game has potential. I beat the /:;t out of this game and I'm gonna take some of it back. I hope and pray EA comes out next year with Live 15. I'm gonna go out and support this title in hopes that they don't dump it due to sales. After the fiasco that's going on with the other title EA will get some $$ from me

Sent from my iPhone
??

Shouldn't this make you happy?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »