Home

NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #177
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
It there a camera in the retail version that resembles the 2K camera angle?? I'm not a fan of the Broadcast camera

Sent from my iPhone
The overhead cameras in NBA Live 14 are called "Baseline High" and "Baseline Low."

Neither view is all that great to begin with, plus they have major frame rate issues that make them unplayable.

The side-to-side "ESPN" and "EA Sports" cameras are pretty much the only way to play the game.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #178
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

As a former owner of this game, I'm shocked that anyone could turn to this game to fill their video game basketball fix. The only way I understand it is if you are willing to completely ignore the animations, AI and lack of features (like edits and sub rotations).

I'm not even a big fan of Synergy and the way they have it implemented. WTF used an example of GSW and J. O'neal earlier. O'neal had a big night the other night but he is and has never been a player that the Warriors "feed" the ball too. Just because he has one big night doesnt mean that I want to play a CPU controlled Warriors team that gets him a lot of shots because he did it in one game. That would make me crazy.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #179
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I don't know, I actually thought it was pretty appropriate considering who was on the floor for GSW at the time. I was impressed they were using him in his spots, ugly animations, but he was doing what he does. And keep in mind, he was only doing it while the scrubs were on the floor. No Barnes, no Klay, no Curry.

And the AI is one of the things that I'm actually appreciating more and more in the game. The first time I downloaded the demo, it was straight garbage. I turned it off quickly. Each day though, I'm seeing more and more that I like now that I've came back after Synergy has updated apparently. Seeing back screens for Melo to get him onto the block, and seeing him do what Melo does, was a thing of beauty (if you can call it that due to the animations).

It takes a lot to overlook the animations and sub par graphics for a next gen game. I'll give you that. But the AI is what I'm enjoying more and more. We'll see how I feel after a week or two with the full game.

As for the "shocked" that anyone could turn to this game, well, for some of us, we had no alternative. I'm not restarting any game modes with the fact that it could glitch out on the other title, and leave you empty handed. I can overlook some wonky animations as long as it's playing pretty well.

I made a pretty detailed write up on what I'd like to see from Live moving forward and sent it off. Hopefully some of it will be included in the patch (if it comes) and the rest of it in Live's moving forward. I've been critical of Live in the past (again, see the 3 year plan thread), But for all of the "wrong" that I've seen in the demo/game, there is a lot that it's doing right when I'm playing it.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #180
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I don't know, I actually thought it was pretty appropriate considering who was on the floor for GSW at the time. I was impressed they were using him in his spots, ugly animations, but he was doing what he does. And keep in mind, he was only doing it while the scrubs were on the floor. No Barnes, no Klay, no Curry.

And the AI is one of the things that I'm actually appreciating more and more in the game. The first time I downloaded the demo, it was straight garbage. I turned it off quickly. Each day though, I'm seeing more and more that I like now that I've came back after Synergy has updated apparently. Seeing back screens for Melo to get him onto the block, and seeing him do what Melo does, was a thing of beauty (if you can call it that due to the animations).

It takes a lot to overlook the animations and sub par graphics for a next gen game. I'll give you that. But the AI is what I'm enjoying more and more. We'll see how I feel after a week or two with the full game.

As for the "shocked" that anyone could turn to this game, well, for some of us, we had no alternative. I'm not restarting any game modes with the fact that it could glitch out on the other title, and leave you empty handed. I can overlook some wonky animations as long as it's playing pretty well.

I made a pretty detailed write up on what I'd like to see from Live moving forward and sent it off. Hopefully some of it will be included in the patch (if it comes) and the rest of it in Live's moving forward. I've been critical of Live in the past (again, see the 3 year plan thread), But for all of the "wrong" that I've seen in the demo/game, there is a lot that it's doing right when I'm playing it.
Regarding O'Neal, he is their 7 or 8th option behind Curry, Klay, Iggy, Lee Barnes, Bogut and maybe Green. The AI should never be feeding the ball to O'neal.

I decided to try the demo since I sold the game and played the Knicks. I saw the backscreen play that they run for Melo and it was nice that went iso for Melo alot. Still there were other issues. Most of the plays were either isos or post plays. No motion plays. No pick and rolls. The AI ran constant post plays for Chandler which rarely happens.

Its good that the AI knows who to get the ball. Its just when the animations are poor, the play calling and subpar and when AI players dont move unless a play is called....that doesnt resemble NBA basketball.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #181
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Whats funny is the game does a ton of little things well:

- The halftime show.
- Players put their warmups back on after going to the bench.
- ESPN presentation
- The crowd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #182
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Regarding O'Neal, he is their 7 or 8th option behind Curry, Klay, Iggy, Lee Barnes, Bogut and maybe Green. The AI should never be feeding the ball to O'neal.

I decided to try the demo since I sold the game and played the Knicks. I saw the backscreen play that they run for Melo and it was nice that went iso for Melo alot. Still there were other issues. Most of the plays were either isos or post plays. No motion plays. No pick and rolls. The AI ran constant post plays for Chandler which rarely happens.

Its good that the AI knows who to get the ball. Its just when the animations are poor, the play calling and subpar and when AI players dont move unless a play is called....that doesnt resemble NBA basketball.
As a huge Dubs fan I agree about O'Neal for the most part although there have been a handful of games (even in crunch time) where Mark Jackson has called iso postups for him even with Curry, Klay, Iggy and DLee all on the floor.

I'm not saying I agree with it but it actually happens in reality quite a bit.

I agree with you on the lack of variety the cpu plays on offense and also Synergy at times is accentuated too much in that only 2-3 cpu players took all the shots. I was gsw vs mavs today and Calderón, Nowitzki took 90% of the shots. Monta was 1-3 and Marion didn't shoot at all. If there was a post up play for Dirk I would double team Dirk without the ball and the ball handler would just stand there dribbling until there was 1 on the shot clock then would shoot.

Still, I am having a lot of fun with hopes that ea will be able to keep working on this game.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #183
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

just played a double ot thriller against the bulls and was really impressed at how spoelstra automatically had wade and lebron take turns trying to defend rose late in the 4th and ot.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #184
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6

I sometimes like to troll my friends when I bring my Xbox to their houses and I say "Xbox, go to NBA Live 14 Demo." The first time I played it with them they said, "Wow, this is terrible. What were they thinking? Please just play the other game already."

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »