Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #641
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I can't recall any game in recent memory that was SO BAD at release to have this much change within a month of release to play this well.

Got 3 qtrs in this morning Lakers (me) vs Nets and damn if D. Will and Johnson weren't wreaking havoc. At the end of 3 they had 27 & 22 pts respectively

Stats were in the money and I mean every stat. Back and forth the whole way. Just when either team was starting to make some headway the comeback was always there.

The EA team must be sneaking in tweaks with these roster/synergy/updates because I'm seeing more and more realistic animations. It's getting to the point where I'm only seeing 1/2 and sometimes nothing wonky per qtr.

This is my ball game this year. No need for 2 in my home this year but I am grateful that I have the option for 2

The amount of Coaching options/gameplay options are just amazing. This game is the better of the 2 IMO. Not looking for a challenge from anyone just my opinion.

Next 3 days off and I'm hoping to get about 10-15 games into my Laker season I'm playing 12 min qtrs

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 12-22-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #642
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

What's funny is that after we've all the **** we've given Live, if I look at my friends' recent activity (a ton who are from OS), Live was played by them recently, so the fact that we're playing it means something.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 12-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #643
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE

The amount of Coaching options/gameplay options are just amazing. This game is the better of the 2 IMO. Not looking for a challenge from anyone just my opinion.
Not challenging you at all but looking for some clarification. I haven't played Live but the changes seem to be very well received. Was it strategic AI changes or just smoothing of animations?

Do you think EA is now just aesthetically a step behind 2K or is the fundamental gameplay still lacking in some areas?

If EA is willing to dedicate their resources I don't see any reason why they can't compete or get close graphically.

...but gameplay isn't just a matter of putting in the time its going to take a certain level of talent to smooth out and make a game flow the way it should which is something 2K has done well up to this point.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #644
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
What's funny is that after we've all the **** we've given Live, if I look at my friends' recent activity (a ton who are from OS), Live was played by them recently, so the fact that we're playing it means something.

Everyone should at least give it a shot! It's definitely not the same game at launch or even the demo...

With that said, I am going to put this game in its case for a while....debating on trading it in, or just keeping it to do the challenges...just not the game for me...I'm glad I was forced to learn the game by losing 2k, I got the chance to see a good foundation for the future...but as of right now the game just feels generic in so many aspects, especially in comparison from a visual and gameplay standpoint...most of my enjoyment stemmed from the fact that it was "something different", and that novelty has fully worn off...just think 2k is on a completely different level...including the CG version..

Only thing I would suggest to you guys is to keep giving honest and detailed feedback...beyond "it has it's flaws but I am having fun"...this is the only way we get a new and improved NBA Live '15...and that's what we all want!

anyway, glad we had options this year, and happy gaming fellas!!
Old 12-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #645
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Not challenging you at all but looking for some clarification. I haven't played Live but the changes seem to be very well received. Was it strategic AI changes or just smoothing of animations?

Do you think EA is now just aesthetically a step behind 2K or is the fundamental gameplay still lacking in some areas?

If EA is willing to dedicate their resources I don't see any reason why they can't compete or get close graphically.

...but gameplay isn't just a matter of putting in the time its going to take a certain level of talent to smooth out and make a game flow the way it should which is something 2K has done well up to this point.

Rumble card I changed my post I briefly glanced at it while at work without thoroughly reading it. Will respond shortly

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 12-22-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #646
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard

I would say a combination of all the above and some.

Maybe not graphically in some peoples eyes but in other areas the last month EA has closed the gap. From a business side I would be concerned with EA and what they are doing and what the future holds especially with all the issues of the competition.

If Live 15 comes out as planned I got a feeling us gamers are gonna win HUGE next year with the ball titles. Gotta love competition.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #647
MVP

nate1986's Arena

OVR: 2

Is this worth a purchase, or is 2k the better option on next gen
Old 12-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #648
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I would say a combination of all the above and some.

Maybe not graphically in some peoples eyes but in other areas the last month EA has closed the gap. From a business side I would be concerned with EA and what they are doing and what the future holds especially with all the issues of the competition.

If Live 15 comes out as planned I got a feeling us gamers are gonna win HUGE next year with the ball titles. Gotta love competition.

Sent from my iPhone
Thanks, this is what I'm really hoping for. If they're winning buyers over this year strictly with quality patches I've got hopes for what they can do with a solid development cycle.

If they can keep it within the box and refrain from trying to do too much it sounds like can really make some serious headway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »